F5T Premium kit GB - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2012, 02:37 PM   #311
diyAudio Member

V1/2 is the same with the exception of the diodes, so only that column would be affected by one choice or the other. I changed LoTse's info after you added the column that allowed for extra mosfets. This cleaned everything up a bit. I will add the thermistors to his total.
Please keep asking and checking. It is a tremendous help and helps me keep mistakes on my part to a miminum.
Old 18th December 2012, 02:54 PM   #312
theguy is offline theguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Theguy,
Your hired! Thank you for your effort

For stateside transformers, I would suggest Antek. For stateside heatsinks, I would suggest Heatsinks uSA 10.08 profile or buying store case.
You're welcome.

Thanks for tip on Antek; I'm guessing this would be the AN 8448 or AN10488 based on the 48V rail voltage in the manual for a V2? And which of the 36V transformers here for the V1?

Re. heatsinks, had included that in the components sheet.

Re. case, I"m guessing the "BIG Amp Chassis" is the one since needs loads of heat dissipation for class A and quasi sinks don't really do the job? I've added to spreadsheet.

One more question: looking at build pictures, it appears that main board actually consists of two boards, one for each channel/heatsink. When we get around to requesting these of Tea Bag, will we specify this as 1 or 2 boards?
Old 18th December 2012, 03:17 PM   #313
zoe is offline zoe  United States
diyAudio Member

thanks Buzzforb added to list

zoe
Old 18th December 2012, 05:36 PM   #314
diyAudio Member

Buzzforb,

I've updated my signature to include link to new spreadsheet; you can update yours at this link.
Old 18th December 2012, 05:41 PM   #315
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortron View Post
mortron - V1/V2 Std, PSU - yes
mortron, looks like your V1 request was lost in the consolidation of V1/V2 columns in spreadsheet, so have put you down for V2 there: please correct if you made this change

Note that V1 is just V2 minus some output diodes; I believe you will also need a smaller transformer for V1, Buzzforb can confirm
Old 18th December 2012, 06:10 PM   #316
diyAudio Member

For V1/2, I would suggest AN8225 or AN10425

For V3 two of any of the following
AN 6225
AN 8225
AN 10425

For my V2. I am using a single 400VA, but its working harder than I want it too and you get wee little bit of hum.
Old 18th December 2012, 06:14 PM   #317
diyAudio Member

Thanks, and glad I asked: evidently I don't understand how transformer voltages relate to rail voltages. Link with info on this would be much appreciated.
Old 18th December 2012, 06:19 PM   #318
diyAudio Member

Secondary voltage needs to be miltiplied by 1.41(1.3 for class A) to get appx final rail voltage. As for VA, get as big as you can afford.
Old 18th December 2012, 06:28 PM   #319
diyAudio Member

OK, got it: wasn't understanding how the factor applied.

One question:
- if I do that multiplication on 25V, I get 32V, which is the rail voltage specified in the manual for V1/V2 main board schematics: so far, so good
- however, the manual refers to a rail voltage of 48V for beefed up V2 PSU, but this may just be example calculation: not really following how this PSU section fits in
Old 18th December 2012, 06:36 PM   #320
diyAudio Member

It is a calculation example in the article.

Hide this!Advertise here!