F5T Premium kit GB - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2012, 04:19 PM   #261
RKH is offline RKH  United States
diyAudio Member

Likewise, I'll defer to your judgement Buzz... it won't be the last amp I'll build, nor will it be anytime soon that I actually get started on this project.

Thanks for all the work you are putting into this.

Ryan
Old 16th December 2012, 05:02 PM   #262
PKI is offline PKI  United States
diyAudio Member

RdK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - yes
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
Old 16th December 2012, 06:02 PM   #263
mortron is offline mortron  Canada
diyAudio Member

I went onto the link in Buzz's signature, added my name and placed a 1 under the V1/V2 column. I want to build a V1. Is this how to properly sign up for the GB?
Old 16th December 2012, 07:12 PM   #264
theguy is offline theguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Buzz,

thanks for initiating this.

As an interested late-comer, I have the same question as mortron:
- This page states that "For stereo V3, you will need two quads of the FQA fets. You will also need 20 of the diodes. I have kept these seperate formthe kits ... The kits will haev all that you need except intangables like RCA jacks, binding post, IEC outlets". So I'm not really clear, are the FQA fets and diodes separate from the kits, or supplemental supply in addition to the kits? If they're separate, how many would I need for a V1?
- The same page states that "THe kit includes the components, not the boards. They will be added for those who want them". I don't see where on the spreadsheet to sign up for these?
- And is there a column I could fill in on the sheet if I additionally wanted the F5 (non-turbo) bits which are distinct from the v1 turbo ones so I could try both configurations?
- Lastly, this page states that "I added a colunm to GB list. I should have appx prices later today". I'm not seeing the price column: what am I missing?
Old 16th December 2012, 07:29 PM   #265
diyAudio Member

OK, reading a little further through the thread:
- This page refers to a separate thread for a Tea Bag boards group buy, and that thread states that "These boards are sold!!!" as of Dec 13th; so looks like we'd be on our own to source the boards. From other threads I've seen, component fit must be considered, so does it make sense to commit to components prior to sourcing boards?
- Also, from the threads I've seen one of the biggest sourcing issues seems to be the heat-sinks: any suggestions on sources for those?
Old 16th December 2012, 07:36 PM   #266
diyAudio Member

In posr 262, you see the list of names and the individual choices they have made. The kit prices have been posted. The psu board prices will be posted later tonight. The main boards can be purchased from the store ot TeaBag. The PSU boards will be gotten from Tea as they are the best available option for this amp. As for the fets, when the you pay for the kits, you can get the fets. Ill let you know exactly what you need and what your options are. Dont worry about any other list than the one above, simply contact me with questions.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:10 PM   #267
mortron is offline mortron  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
In posr 262, you see the list of names and the individual choices they have made. The kit prices have been posted. The psu board prices will be posted later tonight. The main boards can be purchased from the store ot TeaBag. The PSU boards will be gotten from Tea as they are the best available option for this amp. As for the fets, when the you pay for the kits, you can get the fets. Ill let you know exactly what you need and what your options are. Dont worry about any other list than the one above, simply contact me with questions.
I am just interested one V1 Standard Kit with the single PSU for the one amp naturally. Do I PM to be added to the list? Or is my addition to the Google Doc all that is needed for now? Sorry I am a little dense... studying for exams doesn't leave much room for common sense thinking at the moment
Old 16th December 2012, 08:45 PM   #268
diyAudio Member

For benefit of others, have read through the full thread and brought together answers to some of my earlier questions here; turns out this thread encompasses two group buys with different processes:
- Sign-up changed from original spreadsheet to incremented post.
- Pricing for main board only is "V3 - $120, V2 - $75"...if you want PSU as well, that's additional and must be specified; V1 pricing presumably < $75.
- Kit pricing does not include MOSFETS and diodes; specify if you want these
- Recommended heatsinks for v2 nclude Heatsink USA and ideally Conrad flanged heatsink
Old 16th December 2012, 08:50 PM   #269
diyAudio Member

Default Updated List

In accord with process for in-thread post list, and explicit fets and diodes request, here is updated request including mine:
RdK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - yes
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
theguy - V1, PSU - yes, FETS & diodes - yes

Based on Buzz response, looks like I'd buy board separately from Tea Bag when he has them available.
Old 16th December 2012, 11:25 PM   #270
diyAudio Member

Theguy,
thank you for the condensed info. Mortron, there is no standard kit, just premium. The cost is $75 for main board components. PSU is seperate and must be spcified as "theguy" did above. I will contact all participants individually,so any concerns can be addressed then. Just got back from birthday party. Pricelist should be up shortly, when i gsther my scattered brain. Tanks for your patience.

Hide this!Advertise here!