F5T Premium kit GB - Page 26 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2012, 08:26 AM   #251
diyAudio Member

I have not seen the store boards, but my understanding vwas that they were modular. If so, easy peasy.
Old 14th December 2012, 09:38 PM   #252
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I will take T-HA caps. This is my first venture into group-buys; and I am hoping that
at some time
a). I will know how much I owe?
b). I will know which components I am missing to get? Right now I know I have to get the boards and the case from the diyaudio store and the tranny from somewhere else. Is it safe to assume that this group-buy will get me everything else I need?

Last edited by bugzbunny; 14th December 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 14th December 2012, 11:44 PM   #253
diyAudio Member

Add your prefernce to the list. It may not work out, bu twill give me a guage. If desired I can include things like RCA's, bindin gpost, iec filter, switch,bu tit was not planned this way as folks often like options in these areas that do not blend well in a GB.
Old 15th December 2012, 02:58 PM   #254
diyAudio Member

Here are the options, fellas.
Panasonic T-HA 63V 15,000uF - $8/piece 3000Hrs@ 105C - 5.66A Ripple, @60C - 12.5A Ripple

Panasonic T-UP 50V 22,000uF - $6/piece 3000Hrs@ 85C - 7.57A Ripple, @60C - 10.5A Ripple

You either have to take a hit on the uF front to get longer lasting tougher caps or save money and get lower taed caps, longevity wise. I personally have no problem with either and will make a decision by the end of the weekend based on either the response or lack thereof. I think T-UP is sounding better, IMO.
We will be using Vishay RS power resiistors for the R in CRC. In comparison to Mills, they
have the same specs, exact value(we only need one, vs. two for the Mills), and are cheaper to boot.
I will change my mind on this, but it will take overwhelming support. PLease consider that the Mills options is 4X more expensive and I just don't hink you are going to get that return in the form of significantly different sound.

Decisions will be made Sunday on final parts type and orders placed Monday to get the ball rolling.

Last edited by buzzforb; 15th December 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 15th December 2012, 04:55 PM   #255
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Here are the options, fellas.
Panasonic T-HA 63V 15,000uF - $8/piece 3000Hrs@ 105C - 5.66A Ripple, @60C - 12.5A Ripple

Panasonic T-UP 50V 22,000uF - $6/piece 3000Hrs@ 85C - 7.57A Ripple, @60C - 10.5A Ripple

You either have to take a hit on the uF front to get longer lasting tougher caps or save money and get lower taed caps, longevity wise. I personally have no problem with either and will make a decision by the end of the weekend based on either the response or lack thereof. I think T-UP is sounding better, IMO.
We will be using Vishay RS power resiistors for the R in CRC. In comparison to Mills, they
have the same specs, exact value(we only need one, vs. two for the Mills), and are cheaper to boot.
I will change my mind on this, but it will take overwhelming support. PLease consider that the Mills options is 4X more expensive and I just don't hink you are going to get that return in the form of significantly different sound.

Decisions will be made Sunday on final parts type and orders placed Monday to get the ball rolling.
I'm good with what ever choice you end up making. I've used both, no problem to me. Same with resistors, I'm sure the Vishay is a quality part.

Russellc
Old 15th December 2012, 05:23 PM   #256
diyAudio Member

THanks for the input Russell
Old 15th December 2012, 05:37 PM   #257
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mordikai
I'm ok with the vishays and the T-UP's. I's signing up in this thread sufficient or is there a spread sheet I need to put my name on?

thanks for the effort
Old 15th December 2012, 06:31 PM   #258
diyAudio Member

Signing up in thread is good. Sunday night, a post will go out with final pricing. Monday, parts will be ordered and I will start collecting soon after.
Old 15th December 2012, 06:49 PM   #259
fudce is offline fudce  United States
diyAudio Member

RdK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V3, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - yes
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
Old 15th December 2012, 08:10 PM   #260
Tytte71 is offline Tytte71  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
I'm good with what ever choice you end up making.
+1

Hide this!Advertise here!