• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
With strong output into a real speaker load, I did not get the Diodes to warm up enough to mount the diodes to the chassis. The 3-5W one's seemed adequate.
Assuming the GB is not a lot of boards, there is not a lot of leg-room to ad a donation.
On the other hand - For the F6 boards I am doing - I built the donation into the pricing regardless, so it can run near zero profit. It's easier that way.
I don't want to threadjack to much more on Buzz's thread. Try to keep as unpolluted as possible with the white boards.

Add interest on my sheet. I'll go to Tea with a Total needed. Information in too many places gets difficult to manage. I'll take care of the kick and for the F5T. That's on me, not Tea. Having built a V2, ican say that tea's boards work excellent, are high quality, and make for a clean succinct build. i am not a huge fan of modular setups. it was conceived as a one size fitz all. Mounting the diodes off board is my preferred method. There was some discussion about this. Pick your poison sort of thing. Mine don't even get warm, so it allows me to set bias higher. Get more current and still say safe. Temp affects their conduction as much or more than Vdrop.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Buzz, didn't you mean mounting diodes on the board? (not off board)
Yes, keeping diode cooler, but bias higher means more class A love, but still ability to burst for big signal passages as far as I know. If you bias too high with the diodes, you'll know it, the bias will go from .3-4v to 1v. At that point, unplug your amp and back off the pots! As Nelson also says, run the fuse low when playing with it, or forever, so if it pulls too much, it will just blow.
Buzz, there are a few people signed up in my spreadsheet - for F5tc mentioned above - feel free to move them over, and tell me so- then I will stop sharing my spreadsheet :).
We can make it work this way.
Happy Holidays to all that celebrate that! And onto Dec 22nd to a new Mayan beginning! :LOL:

Yup. On board, but off sink. I have my V2 on a 2A fuse playing fr months. But wit a second, I have two channels biased at 4A each:scratch: :D where I your spreadsheet? I'll compare the two. Just trying to keep my simple brain running smoothly. Multitasking for me is finding all my task and then doing them one at a time.:clown:

Since you are doing a V2, you would wire the top two greens in parallel, the top two blues in parallel, the bottom to greens in parallel and the bottom two blue in parallel. THis simply tunrs it into a dual sceondary xformer and works perfectly with Tea's boards. If you need me to draw a pic, I will happily do so.

For a Turbo V1, what do I need to order for mosfets and diodes? I don't want to harass buzz as I'm sure he is busy juggling all of this, and I want to get my $$$ to him ASAP.

All I have on the list is the V1/2 parts, PSU components and board selected, and am not sure how many of what bundle to order for the rest of it.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For a Turbo V1, what do I need to order for mosfets and diodes? I don't want to harass buzz as I'm sure he is busy juggling all of this, and I want to get my $$$ to him ASAP.

All I have on the list is the V1/2 parts, PSU components and board selected, and am not sure how many of what bundle to order for the rest of it.

Go to "Theguy's" F-5 turbo group buy spreadsheet. Scroll down to your name, click on the email tab and you have a note about what you ordered and how much it is. Pay pal to the address Buzz gave a few posts back. If you need to modify your order, you need to contact Buzz via PM. The diodes and Mosfets are a separate purchase. All this is on the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnoM1f9SEyoEdGk0d3VGZXdlenREVUFZRndrM19iTHc#gid=0

Russellc

Last edited:
Little update. All the parts are here or on their way. We have only one hiccup. I cannot get my source fro the Fukushima resistors to respond. May be a New Year thing, dunno. I have sent out request to two other suppliers and also inquired about possible replacement using Isabellenhutte PBH 3W resistors. These are some of the lowest noise power resistors around and are preferred by a couple of members who have done extensive part testing. As a safety against further delay, I have ordered Panasonic type used in Nelsons amps to send if there is a long wait. I will just replace these with the correct resistors when they come in. That way no one has to wait for parts. My understadning is that folks wanting TeaBag's boards will ahve about a 3 week wait. Ill try to confirm. All others will go out as soon as the parts are here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.