F5T Premium kit GB - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2012, 01:29 AM   #161
sts9fan is offline sts9fan  United States
diyAudio Member

There will be another GB?
Old 15th November 2012, 01:43 AM   #162
diyAudio Member

Yes. I have some parts to ship that were left out of the kits. Once this is finished, i will open it back up. I owe it to previous buyers to finish everything first. All packages should be shipped this week and new GB will open Monday.
Old 17th November 2012, 09:29 PM   #163
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Yes. I have some parts to ship that were left out of the kits. Once this is finished, i will open it back up. I owe it to previous buyers to finish everything first. All packages should be shipped this week and new GB will open Monday.
Take your time, I'm still waiting for the boards to become available through the DIY store anyhow...but will most definitely buy a kit when you are ready! Thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

Russellc
Old 21st November 2012, 05:54 AM   #164
rdk845 is offline rdk845  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Please don't take too much time though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
Take your time, I'm still waiting for the boards to become available through the DIY store anyhow...but will most definitely buy a kit when you are ready! Thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

Russellc
Please don't take too much time though...
I really appreciate buzz's effort. I've got his FQAs. And also have been waiting for the boards to become available in DIY store. But as it appears now, I have no idea how long it will be. Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Who knows at this point...... So I've ordered Tea-bags F5T convertible board (which appears to be on its way right now), EVEN THOUGH I know I will have to point to point wire the mosfets to fit my heat sinks!

So this part kit is the last piece of puzzles, which is holding up. I would like to build one during end of year holiday times, so I would like to get this kit before then, which seems to be more and more unlikely day by day... I'm sure there are a lot of us in my shoes, particularly those who ordered Tea-bags board.... Don't mean to pressure Buzz or anything. Just recognizing these GB are hard thing to execute and people who are nice and wonderful enough to do these are hard to come by....
Old 21st November 2012, 05:58 AM   #165
diyAudio Member

Going through threads and just realized buzz's been sick. Hope he will get better soon!
Old 26th November 2012, 10:33 AM   #166
diyAudio Member

the group buy is now open again.
V3 - $120
V2 - $75

Above is for main board only. If you want to do a PSU as well, please let me know in your response. I am going to use Panasonic TSHA this time. The Nichicon's were a major point of delay and cost and while i think they are a subtl improvement, I think the TSHA, get you 90% of the way. If there is enough interest, I will post the cost of the PSU setup. To lower cost, I will be using Fukushima in the PSU this time. I like them better than Mills and they are cheaper as well, Mills begin almost triple their cost. To keep up with things, please list your name and how many of which kit you want. Example below.

buzzforb - V3(1), PSU(yes)
Old 26th November 2012, 12:26 PM   #167
diyAudio Member

RDK845 - V3(1), PSU(yes)
Old 27th November 2012, 12:29 PM   #168
SRMcGee is offline SRMcGee  United States
diyAudio Member

Buzzforb:

Can you provide any insight into the availability of a power supply pcb that will support sixteen 35mm caps? You had mentioned that you were working on a design and that board would be particularly helpful in building the F5Turbo; it seems unlikely that diyaudio will offer something similar.

Regards,
Scott
Old 27th November 2012, 06:35 PM   #169
diyAudio Member

I have the original done. I am offering home etched, single sided copies to GB members. Getting them made would be very expensive due to their size. I am in Virginia this week and when i get back I will send pics and get supplies ordered to do the rest. They will be offered at material cost.
Old 28th November 2012, 06:39 PM   #170
Marra is offline Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Sorry if I've missed it but are the prices per stereo pair?

Hide this!Advertise here!