• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hello All -

This is in continuation to the original thread started by Jean-Paul checking interest on the ES9023 DAC with S/PDIF input. We have a the PCB completed and tested.

The details of the DAC board can be found in

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/200921-es9023-dac-pcb-5.html#post2991898

Please list down your name and the quantity required on this thread. I would like to keep this thread open for 15 days and then start working on the pricing.

Note: This group buy is for the PCB and I can make arrangements to get the ES9023 but not for any other components as these are available from Digikey and Mouser. Also this kit is for experienced builders, no extra help can be given as we have lives too. The DAC will work perfectly and perform optimally when built according the BOM with the right skills. We cannot give individual support on this design, sorry.

Thanks pchw for the spreadsheet.

The board dimensions are 3in x 2.2in. The BOM will be posted soon as we are making some minor changes to the board based on our testing.

Pricing Update:

Now that the price has been published please update the spreadsheet with your final numbers. I will start sending out emails to the members from the spreadsheet on Friday. During that time I will close the Group Buy. As I mentioned earlier I will be able to get only the PCB and ES9023.

GROUP BUY CLOSED.

Bill of Materials: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9EJcfVWg6MTZjctZkhJcG9SN2c

Update: 06/20/2012: PCB and DAC received from manufacturing. Will start mailing it to the group buy members soon. Pictures posted.
Thanks!
Subbu

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The options are:

- order a board and the ES9023 (or more than 1 of each)

ES9023 can be ordered with the boards as it is hard to find in small quantities. As unixdeveloper explained all other parts can be found at the known distributors. It was clearly stated this is what we offer.

The options are:

- order a board and the ES9023 (or more than 1 of each)

ES9023 can be ordered with the boards as it is hard to find in small quantities. As unixdeveloper explained all other parts can be found at the known distributors. It was clearly stated this is what we offer.

I wonder how much it would cost to have one of these built with proper clocks/supplies/etc.;) I know, I know, it'll cost me my linestage right?:))

I would be interested, but I royally suck at putting things like this together which is why I'm looking for the completed whole shebang!

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.