ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy - Page 50 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2012, 05:11 PM   #491
mickie is offline mickie  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I decided to bring a newly finished "all BG NX" ES9023 DAC
so, JP, can you sum up which capacitors you replaced in the end with Black Gates for optimum results?

Mickie
Old 10th September 2012, 10:43 PM   #492
diyAudio Member

JP,

I still owe you the review of your Subbu DAC... but life really does not allow me to touch my workbench in the last one week... and worse is... this will still be continue until next week
Old 11th September 2012, 04:24 PM   #493
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Don't worry and take your time. i already know how it sounds. I hope you like it as much as I do. Yours is a very good sounding version.
Old 11th September 2012, 08:16 PM   #494
diyAudio Member

Does anyone could confirm that my Q2 is in the right orientation ?
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Détail Q2 Orientation.JPG (27.0 KB, 239 views)
Old 11th September 2012, 08:18 PM   #495

Should be clear that that is right. Check pulses with a scope. No other method.
Old 11th September 2012, 08:20 PM   #496
diyAudio Member

Faster than lightning
Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 08:23 PM   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie View Post

so, JP, can you sum up which capacitors you replaced in the end with Black Gates for optimum results?

Mickie
It's all here and repeating is useless. I don't replace but use BG in all my own final version DACs. Call it a system if you like.

Prototypes/left over DACs/Test versions have other caps as BG is not a cap you put in every device as they are expensive.
Old 11th September 2012, 08:27 PM   #498
diyAudio Member

Another one :
Could I populate U7 - C30 - R10 if I won't use BAL version ?
It seems that JP1 switches the BAL circuit on, and it won't be active as JP1 stays opened.

No more questions for today, I promise
Old 11th September 2012, 08:44 PM   #499

Well, just suppose the COO and me would be willing to do another round of a total final ultimate end 2012 version rev 3 Subbu DAC how many of you would be wanting a PCB set ? Suppose we get fed up by all the stuff that comes with organizing a next round and suppose one of you lurkers could make spread sheet to check demand. Suppose the COO and me make documentation, BOM and Build Guide first this time and do a thorough test round of all the ideas we have on a new rev. 3 and suppose we would only do it when at least 150 can be produced. Yes we learnt something from this all. Suppose we still don't do USB but SPDIF/I2S only, now suppose we offer this as a final PCB + ES9023 deal so DAC and PS possibly on one PCB + ES9023 chip. Call it the "final Subbu rev. 3 DAC"... As you all already have read this DAC is good, too good to let this project die because we need to have to do some less important things as work for a living, play with our kids, cook some food, clean our houses, wash the car, feed the dog, get some sleep etc etc.

Now think of what you can do to make this happen ...

We like this as we like good sound and we like to have members to have good DACs and thus good sound but we have lives too. If any of you can help us in whatever way we could be doing this but we will need to have to have a magical number of 150 produced.

Also we will not be giving any support. We will test, we will try out, we will listen but you are on your own solving problems you create building it into device X or connecting it to device Y feeding it from whatever 200 V DC shunt supply you "have laying around". No more USB to I2S converter questions, no more SPDIF to I2S to USB to SPDIF again questions.

Only then we could do this. I wait and see what happens. I can only promise it will be good without any guarantee it will be as good a DAC X, DAC Y etc.

We do the work, you get the joy but it will take some effort... I just wait and see what happens. If I can convince the COO you will have a good DAC. You can have a good DAC without having to buy from guys that don't even know what they're selling and a product that needs replacing of all active and passive parts as they're fake. Our DAC simply is a good DAC. It will give many years of pleasure. I just wait for 1 (no not many) just 1 email via PM that says: "yes we want that DAC and we want 150 of them, here's a list of guys/gals that want it".

So any of you that want this device mail with each other, send PM's to each other, organize stuff without bothering us and just tell us what I said before. Unconventional yes, but we think you want good sound and deserve it but it will take some effort also from the people that always seem to wait. Waiting ? For what ? Action is needed now as you will benefit from it !

Last edited by jean-paul; 11th September 2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:35 PM   #500
diyAudio Member

You've got personal mail

Hide this!Advertise here!