• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I just spoke to Subbu and it seems like we are going that direction. In fact I already have a design finished based on LM723. It is a complete power supply (so with transformer) and Subbu is testing a similar power supply. Not being very easy satisfied we are exploring other solutions too. IMO it is beneficial to have it all on one PCB for safety and easy building.

Please think of the extra waiting time for possible participants and handling on our part. We are not making it easier on ourselves by adding a possible extra group buy :eek:

... and why not consider a TO220 5 pin reg featuring output noise as low as 40uVrms from 10Hz to 100 kHz? ;)
Unfortunately it's an LDO :D

40 uV is a lot compared to the 2.5 uV of the LM723.... No problems with LDO regs as long as they're not noisy. When we design a nice low noise supply it can be used for other purposes too.

Last edited:
Please think of the extra waiting time for possible participants and handling on our part. We are not making it easier on ourselves by adding a possible extra group buy :eek:

I'm not super clear on this. Will the extra waiting time be only for people who are buying PS boards? If we don't want a PS board, should we put "0" or "no" in that column, so our boards and chips can get shipped out as soon as they arrive?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Subbu is doing the group buy so we should ask him. My guess it would be simpler to send out the DAC PCBs when they come in and do the PSU PCB after that. Please keep it relaxed, we put much time in this (not only for our own pleasure).

Subbu, can you tell what the plans are concerning the possible second group buy of PSU PCBs ?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm not super clear on this. Will the extra waiting time be only for people who are buying PS boards? If we don't want a PS board, should we put "0" or "no" in that column, so our boards and chips can get shipped out as soon as they arrive?

The plan is to send the PCBs and DAC for all the members as soon as the PCB arrives. Members interested in the power supply PCB can choose to wait and get them all together otherwise there will be an extra shipping cost to it. So if you are not interested in the power supply then there is no extra waiting time.

We will try to post the details of the power supply PCB over the weekend. Please keep in mind the PCB manufacturing takes about 10 business days and 2 - 3 days for me to get them. Please update your preference in the spreadsheet.

Hope this clears out any confusion.

Thanks!
Subbu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.