• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I'll keep it between you and me (and a few hundreds other readers) ;)

Subbu might (and I say might) design a small pcb that fit the DAC pcb DC input pins as a daughterboard. Just for a DIL14 socket, 6 component, 4 diodes and a filter cap.
Something that can be drawn in a couple of days and possibly ordered immediately in order to be shipped togheter with the mains pcbs.

BTW, I've just found an old MC1723CP in my junk bin... production code 1987!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
LM723 is the TDA1541A of regulators.... they are very good and way better than 78XX/LM317/LDOs and just look at their price. Best quality/price ratio in regs ever. Let's keep this in a small circle or prices will go up.

When you see Subbu you can tell him that I already designed a nice LM723 based power supply PCB with onboard transformer in the same format as the DAC PCB. But that again is between you and me OK ?

The 1987 MC1723CP's are double crowns ! Is it the rare gold pin variant ?

Last edited:
278018d1334851471-es9023-dac-pcb-dac-assembled-2.jpg

Hi,
I saw there is an optional block with U7 and C30 reserved for balance out from the picture, which reg was planed for U7 (the same 3.3V) ? How do you get balanced output from the analog out ?

Thanks

Come on, LM723 only needs 6 external components and the DAC only consumes 50 mA to 70 mA (when you decide on a 50 MHz Fox oscillator) so no pass transistor. Maybe just maybe when you ask Subbu in a polite manner then maybe just maybe we can make a nice LM723 based power supply PCB. Don't tell him I gave you the idea, OK ? I kind of like the "new meets old" feeling of the WM8804-ES9023-LM723 combination. No rational explanation except for the very low noise of LM723 (2.5 uV !!!).

LM1084 is more noisy than 7805.....it is a 5A reg which seems overkill too.

How to calculate Rsc?
And What is minimal input voltage with 5v out?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
How to calculate Rsc?
And What is minimal input voltage with 5v out?

Hi Åke, we are still looking for other (discrete) solutions as LM723 needs at least 9.5 V input voltage. We are also willing to know how many of the group buy participants would like to have a power supply PCB too. For calculating Rsc please see data sheet of LM723.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.