GB NP matched Toshiba 2SK1530/2SK201 for F5X - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2012, 10:44 PM   #141
Horio is offline Horio  United States
diyAudio Member

How is the matching process going?
Old 19th September 2012, 03:43 AM   #142
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

All the MOSFETs have been traced (0-2.5A @ 35˚C) and the segments where NNNNPPPP sets will be found are now with heinz1 for measurement under operating conditions (0-4A @65˚C) using Patrick's equipment.
I think there will be enough NNNNPPPP sets for everybody in the F5X Batch 1 GB. It should not be long and I think heinz1 will keep us updated on the process.
The matching rig and the FETs are only with him for a couple of days so I don't think he is there just yet

Cheers,

Nic
Old 19th September 2012, 03:00 PM   #143
Horio is offline Horio  United States
diyAudio Member

Very cool. Thanks for the update and all the hard work guys!
Old 19th September 2012, 09:56 PM   #144
bkdog is offline bkdog  Australia
diyAudio Member

Yes indeed - many thanks NicMac and heinz1! Matching devices is boring and tedious work, even if the (sonic/technical) rewards are great. Thanks from all of us, you are making my amps possible!
Old 19th September 2012, 10:13 PM   #145
diyAudio Member

For the record...I'm still very keen to get my hands 6 pairs curve matched 0-2.5A 35c . But im not in the initial group buy list
Old 20th September 2012, 05:21 AM   #146
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej View Post
For the record...I'm still very keen to get my hands 6 pairs curve matched 0-2.5A 35c . But im not in the initial group buy list
If you don't need NP-matching there will be absolutely no problem.
Plenty of NN and PP pairs.
Old 21st September 2012, 12:03 AM   #147
diyAudio Member

Ideally PN match for me so I guess I need to think about acceptable tolerences. I've used Zhou's @ 10mV single point match so maybe I could start there.
Old 21st September 2012, 06:55 AM   #148
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej View Post
Ideally PN match for me so I guess I need to think about acceptable tolerences. I've used Zhou's @ 10mV single point match so maybe I could start there.
Yes - Zhou is a good and possibly the only alternative.
I have traced quite a few of his devices and he deliver very good matching perfectly in line with what he promises.
In my experience the 2SJ201 devices have a very regular behavior so I would not worry to much about these not being matched at operating current/temperature. However, the 2SK1530 have very variable Yfs and should be matched at operating conditions.
For those who have already bought NP-matched (not PP-matched only) devices from Zhou I am likely to be able to help in finding significantly better matched 2SK1530s for their 2SJ201s.
I will likely do this free of charge for people who are going to get matched sets from me, but this service may also (FETs permitting....) be extended to others.
More about this later.

Nic
Old 21st September 2012, 08:26 AM   #149
diyAudio Member

THe allure of these parts is that they can be true matced pairs. IF only the first GB members are getting those pairs, what differentiates these from other fets. Will we be paying significantly less than NP matches since we will not have this level of matching. It seems reasonable that folks who receive the NP matches should pay the premium, as they will be receiving the premiuim devices. Not trying to cause trouble, but there was talk of considerable money for these pairs at beginning of thread, at that is OK for PN match, but I will not pay that for just 4n's and 4'ps that are matched along like devices.
Old 21st September 2012, 09:30 AM   #150
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
THe allure of these parts is that they can be true matced pairs. IF only the first GB members are getting those pairs, what differentiates these from other fets. Will we be paying significantly less than NP matches since we will not have this level of matching. It seems reasonable that folks who receive the NP matches should pay the premium, as they will be receiving the premiuim devices. Not trying to cause trouble, but there was talk of considerable money for these pairs at beginning of thread, at that is OK for PN match, but I will not pay that for just 4n's and 4'ps that are matched along like devices.
Nobody will have to pay for anything they don't want to and the pricing has not yet been settled (difficult to do before we know the exact number of NNNNPPPP sets), so please stop speculating. The only thing which is certain is that F5X Batch 1 subscribers will be served first as this is why the GB was started.

Hide this!Advertise here!