• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB NP matched Toshiba 2SK1530/2SK201 for F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The price for the 26 NNNNPPPP-sets will be 160 euro/set. Fees and shipment excluded. There is also one very good NNPP-set and one very good NNNPPP-set up for sale, if anybody should be interested.

This price covers about half of the actual cost I have suffered.

Pricing and distribution of future Nx and Px sets will be decided later. We are still measuring and a few more FETs may come in before we start to do the matching of these.

Cheers,

Nic

Joined 2009
Paid Member
What does that mean Patrick....I'm in on everything but the box for batch 1....does that qualify me as "Batch One " ?

:confused:
F5X Batch 2 is everything out of the box and has far as I know not been launched yet.

F5X Batch 1 was/is collecting every bit and piece from various group buys, including this, and you are qualified if you already have a F5X case from Patrick/XEN;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
A couple of F5X batch 1 subscribers have contacted me to enquire if we could possibly measure their MOSFETs and we have decided to offer this service, but only for a short period as the measurement rig will soon be disassembled.

These are the conditions:

The cost of the service is 2 euro per FET + postage.
FETs should be clearly labeled and numbered.
Origin and previous Vgs on the FETs should be provided (if available).
The FETs should be shipped in pre-labeled reusable packaging.
The service is only offered to people buying NNNNPPPP-sets from us.
The FETs should be with us before the 15th of November.
We take no responsibility for loss or damage in shipment.

Once the FETs have been measured and the data elaborated we will:
1) Provide the measured parameters (by e-mail) and offer immediate return shipment.
2) Provide an offer on alternative FET replacement. Typically this would be for fewer, but better matched devices. To be determined on a case by case basis.

Interested people can contact heinz1 by PM for shipment address.

Cheers,

Nic

Perhaps you forgot that they would have to pay import duties for the FETs when they arrive at heinz1.
Typically if they send a set of 8 FETs, even based on the nominal value of ~5€/FET, they should be prepared to pay 8€ duties.
Maybe lucky at times, that the Customs does not bother. But I would not count on it.

Also note that registered post is no longer insured in Germany, where heinz1 is.
For insured post you have to send by DHL parcel (min 5kg.) for 40€ world wide.

Patrick

Last edited:
Perhaps you forgot that they would have to pay import duties for the FETs when they arrive at heinz1.
Typically if they send a set of 8 FETs, even based on the nominal value of ~5€/FET, they should be prepared to pay 8€ duties.
Maybe lucky at times, that the Customs does not bother. But I would not count on it.

Also note that registered post is no longer insured in Germany, where heinz1 is.
For insured post you have to send by DHL parcel (min 5kg.) for 40€ world wide.

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick, customs is actually a very good point we forgot.

Usually, goods shipped in small, padded envelopes pass through without further examination. One has to pay 19% VAT for goods exceeding €22 in value. Shipping costs contribute to the value of the shipment in question. This VAT is usually waived for payable amounts less than €5.

I have no experience with your second point, but this may be different dependent on the country of origin. I can only tell about outgoing shipments from Germany:

A registered letter (fee €2,05) is insured up to €34,--
For this letter, I can buy additional insurance for €1,50 in €100 increments.
For example, I could insure a letter containing an octet from this GB worth €160 for €200 at a total fee of €5,05 in addition to the postage fee.

Last edited:
................Shipping costs contribute to the value of the shipment in question.............
This is not the way the UK assesses value for VAT purposes.
I would expect all Members of the EC to be similar.
The ex factory price is the VATable value. That does not include the carriage to the wholesaler nor the carriage to the retailer nor the carriage to the buyer, nor the transfer and back again of devices that get returned to the original owner.
That brings up another point.
If goods pass in and back out to the original owner, is there an exemption clause such that cross border VAT is not chargeable both ways and nor one way?
Finally, inter EC shipments do not get additional VAT added. They already have the appropriate VAT of the first country in the EC.

> A registered letter (fee €2,05) is insured up to €34,--
> For this letter, I can buy additional insurance for €1,50 in €100 increments.

The post would want to inspect your contents, and you would need a special wax seal before you can insure more value.
We tried that once before. Not so simple.

Of course no VAT for those within the EU.
But those from Asia & USA would have to.

Patrick

This is not the way the UK assesses value for VAT purposes.
I would expect all Members of the EC to be similar.
The ex factory price is the VATable value. That does not include the carriage to the wholesaler nor the carriage to the retailer nor the carriage to the buyer, nor the transfer and back again of devices that get returned to the original owner.

From the German customs website:

The dutiable value of the item, i.e. the basis for calculation of the amount of customs duty, also has to be determined. In the case of auctions, this is the price at which you ultimately purchased the item, in some cases together with the shipment costs (e.g. postage, freight costs, packaging) as well.

Questions relating to Internet buying and Internet auctions

Shipment costs contribute to the value of the package. I always had to pay VAT for these when picking up a parcel at the local customs office.

That brings up another point.
If goods pass in and back out to the original owner, is there an exemption clause such that cross border VAT is not chargeable both ways and nor one way?....

That would be possible for a VAT registered person or company, not a private person like me. Anybody out there in the EU and in this GB who is VAT registered and willing to help?

Finally, inter EC shipments do not get additional VAT added. They already have the appropriate VAT of the first country in the EC.

Of course.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.