• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Martin,

I will close the group-buy this evening, at 06:00 pm GMT.
I will then wait until Saturday for the money transfers still due.

I will order the PCBs on Sunday, 8th of April.
There will then be some communication between the etching company and me flowing forth and back
concerning the feasibility / specifications of the PCBs.
I think that this communication will be settled on Wednesday / Thursday next week.

The lead time for the PCBs is 12 days.
The PCBs will then be etched on Monday 23rd of April (round about).
The shipment from China to Germany will take 3-4 days; so I will have the PCBs until Saturday, 28th.

I will have your letters already prepared until then and ship them as soon as possible.

I think that you will receive your order in the 1st week of May.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Brianco, Anatole51,

thank your for your transfers.

This is the current status of order - EXCEL-sheet.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 585
Gentlemen,

I can't withstand and show you the FC-100 prototype setup of my Hungarian DIY-friend ZSAUDIO.
I hope that he does not mind.

http://www.abload.de/img/setuppnuy5.jpg

You see one big transformer (I think it is a 4 x 25VAC), 2 small R-cores for the shunt-regulators, the rectifiers for the backend-power supplies
being mounted on 2 heatsinks on the left and right side of the big 25VAC transformer, additional reservoir caps being glued on the MDF plate, ...

This is a DIY-setup that lets my heart bounce!

(The currently offered PCBs provide each power rail with 2 reservoir-caps (max. diameter is 35mm) and have big rectifier heatsinks!
This is all you need!)

To be true: the case does not come up with this AMP!
This AMP is playing music very, very well.

Maybe you have noticed that I am getting impatient with this group-buy, and I will close it this evening.
I am no more content with the look of the prototype that I have built, and I won't wait any more.

This is my prototype:

http://www.abload.de/img/myown5uj78.jpg

I will once more build this AMP using the PCBs of the current offer, give it a nice metall enclosure
and replace my living-room amplifier with the FC-100.

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 555
  • MyOwn.jpg
    MyOwn.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 550
Rudi you have the rights to show my pictures (even if my setup is a messy one). And you have right the case the chassis only for the wife. This amp plays music like an artist. I've never heard such a big differents between my components using my previous diy amps like with rmi-fc100. This amp does not hide any details of the music.

This is the case for the amp to please the eyes of my wife.:D
chassis2_.jpg

Hello,

I'm reading about this amp for a while and for a long time I was unsure if to go in this direction or try the Sanken STD03.......

Now I decided to build this amp - so please put me in for FC-100 PCB / Shunt-PCB / Soft Power / Resistors - all 2 times.

I'm wondering how the sound of this amp will be.....

best regards
Klaus

Gentlemen,

this round of the group-buy is closed now, and I do not accept further orders.
I will wait until Saturday for the last 3 money transfers and will order the PCBs then.

Find enclosed the current status of the order.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    21 KB · Views: 583
When I quoted the price for the PCBs, I assumed that I would order about 35-40 PCBs.
The final order is nearly twice as big, and I would be able to offer you the PCBs for some Euros less,
since I am now in a lower price scale of discount.

Instead of refunding you the price difference, I made up my mind and ordered a sufficient amount of Vishay MKP1839 / 1µF capacitors
(they are hard to get, believe me) and will put into each letter 1 capacitor per PCB ordered.

I will moreover ship all letters with a destination other than Germany as "insured" letter (if possible).

Attachments

• Cut 016.jpg
    Cut 016.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 502
Don't worry :)
This amplifier was successfully tested with Triangle Magellan Cello. If I remember correctly, this high performance speakers have 2.5ohm minimum impedance at around 3.5khz.
I don't have such amount of money to spend on Cello from Triangle, but I was very impressed by the combination.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.