Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2012, 07:52 PM   #201
diyAudio Member

Hi Rudi,

sorry it was the wrong link. Here is the correct link:IT-Tronics - 5x MKT Kondensator radial 10uF 63VDC RM15 ; RoHS ; MKT1820610065

MKT1820 10uF 63 V

Arno
Old 12th September 2012, 07:58 AM   #202
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

That 10uF as a DC blocking cap on the input to a Power Amplifier would suit Rin of 4k7 to 10k. It is far too big for a 24k input impedance.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:40 AM   #203
diyAudio Member

Gentlemen, I am thinking about offering more of the "hard-to-get" components that you need to build the FC-100.
So you do not need to order from MOUSER, FARNELL, B&D, ... and this will save you a lot of shipping costs.
I will do a "small group-buy" for all who want to have these parts.

1) Capacitor C1 (according to me naming conventions), which is a Vishay MKP1839.
Only FARNELL offers the 160V version. The other versions will not fit on the PCB. Price per piece:about 1

2) Decoupling Capacitor C15: AndrewT. suggests to use a 3.3F - 3.9F in this place. The max. grid is 15mm.
I did not find any Poly-carbonate type (like WIMA FKC) in the net; I did not find suitable Polypropylene (MKP) caps with a grid of 15mm.
Vishay / BC MKT 468 might be a good choice, bypassed (on the solder-side) by a Vishay MKP1837 / 22nF.
Any other idea?
Can be ordered from Farnell; price per pair is about 2.50

3) Genuine Toshiba 2SA1360 / 2SC3423; you need 5 x 2SC3423 and 4 x 2SA1360 per PCB. The price will be about 2 (2.50$) per pair.
But we have to be fast with this; B&D only has a small (enough for all?) quantity on stock.
Does anybody know another source for genuine Toshibas?
When I built my FC-100 prototype, I used transistors produced by ISC. "They did it as well", but who knows.

Emitter resistors (0R10, 5 Watt, MPC74 type) and the NJLs are already part of the order.

Did I forget any "hard-to get" part? I believe not.
Do you approve that I offer to order these components above for you and enclose them in your letters?

Find attached the resulting order.

Best regards - Rudi
Attached Images
File Type: png Image2.png (11.1 KB, 279 views)
Old 12th September 2012, 09:47 AM   #204
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi_Ratlos View Post
.............2) ........ Capacitor C15: AndrewT. suggests to use a 3.3F - 3.9F in this place. The max. grid is 15mm...............
not decoupling. DC blocking or high pass filter.
You can go smaller. Use 470nF, or 1uF, or 1u5F, or 2u2F.
Select what you want as the HP filter frequency. There are many out there that do not agree that response down by 1dB @ 4Hz is necessary. You can adopt a much higher F-1dB frequency. Maybe as high as 20Hz.

What about more pin pitch options?
Old 12th September 2012, 09:56 AM   #205
diyAudio Member

Andrew, the pitch options are: 5, 10 and 15mm.
I myself use an MKT1822 / 2.2F bypassed by a MKP1837 / 10nF on this position.

Best regards - Rudi
Old 12th September 2012, 03:47 PM   #206
diyAudio Member

Since the "DC-blocking" capacitor C15 on the input does not seem to be a "difficult" component and everybody of you
will use his own favourite (if at all), I deleted this item from the order list.

What about C1, the MKP1839 / 1F? Available from FARNELL only ?!
What about genuine Toshibas 2SA1360 / 2SC3423? Available from B&D Enterprise?

Gentlemen: I myself do not have any profit when I order the components for you.
You can order them yourselves, you know the sources.

But let me tell you a typical DIY - anecdote:
Some time ago I ordered several transistors, which I needed urgently, from B&D (just as an example). I looked at the prices: well, o.k.,
but then I noticed the shipping cost to Germany: 20$. I grit my teeth (correct English?).
When I received the letter, I had to pay another 10$ import tax.

I offer you to divide shipping costs and taxes by the number of participants.
That is it.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos
Attached Images
File Type: png Image1.png (11.6 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by Rudi_Ratlos; 12th September 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 13th September 2012, 02:20 AM   #207
evette is offline evette  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evette
Mr. Rudi, You shouldn,t have to explain this to anyone,,Let them get it from whomever they want. And of course pay thePrice.. Evette
Old 13th September 2012, 03:15 AM   #208
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evette View Post
Mr. Rudi, You shouldn,t have to explain this to anyone,,Let them get it from whomever they want. And of course pay thePrice.. Evette
I second that! You're already doing more than a great job for everyone. I suggest a few people to do GB per regions. This will make it much easier on Rudi.

After all, you wouldn't want to guy to get tired of all this extra work and not want to offer any more boards in the future, right?

Just a thought
Do
Old 13th September 2012, 08:52 AM   #209
diyAudio Member

Joseph, Do, thank you for your kind words.
But do not worry about me.
Since I have retired 2 months ago, time isn't a factor for me anymore, and I want my brains to stay alive and active .

I am currently "promoting" 2 AMPs in this forum: the SYMASYM and this one, Mihai's FC-100.
I am currently not yet able to "compare their sounds", but I try to arrange a listening session with some of my German AUDIO-friends.
The contestants will be: an Ayre V-5xe (commercial product), the FC-100 and the TO3-SYMASYM.
I will tell you the results, in case I succeed arranging this "shootout".

You may be right: everybody shall do his best and not rely on me.
It may even be that my "component" offer isn't the best one.
For example: somebody pointed me on this ebay-offer:

5x 2SA1360-Y & 5x 2SC3423-Y Toshiba Audio Transistors, A1360, C3423. | eBay

The cases look authentic, the price is better than the price of B&D, free shipping, 100% positive feedback, ...
Allthough I do normally not recommend to buy transistors from Hongkong ( I have had bad luck and bought fakes some time ago),
this offer looks quite serious.
You need 2 x 5 pairs to complete your FC-100 build. It is up to you.
I have deleted the Toshiba transistors from my component offer.

I have changed the price for shipping to 5.50€, since I will ship all letters with an order of >100€ as registered / ensured letters.

Find enclosed the current order status. If it needs corrections, please tell me.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos
Attached Images
File Type: png Image1.png (9.9 KB, 238 views)
Old 13th September 2012, 09:03 AM   #210
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
that seller has over 28k and 100 % positive feedback. I suspect they weed out the fakes.

Hide this!Advertise here!