• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wendell, did you take the shipping costs for a heavy transformer like this one (approx. 4 Kg) into account?

The cost is 36€. :eek:

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 341
Wendell,
you have framed your question badly and as a result got a confusing reply.

How much current does the front end require?
The front end Iq is ~21mA.
That current from each rail varies slightly when signal passes. Allow upto 25mApk for loud music passages.
The CCS in the Shunt regulator must be set to provide more than that 25mApk.
I'd suggest 35mA to 50mA as a sensible range without the shunt/ccs transistors getting too warm.

All my bags are packed

... I am ready to go ... riding with my bike to the local post-office!

I hope that all the letters (to the United States, Canada, South Africa, Europe, United Arabian Emirates, India, Far East) will arrive safely at their destinations!

In case you have any questions concerning your build: please post them in the FC-100 Builder's thread.

Enjoy - best regards: Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Letters 005.jpg
    Letters 005.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 316
I wish I had the energy and stamina to ride to the post office (and back).

It's mostly downhill to get there, except for the final 1in4 short hill upto the village centre.
The return journey is substantially uphill for the 10miles or so. I have never attempted that, but I will add a "yet".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.