• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yesterday night I have "married" the prototype of the new "multi-purpose Lightspeed-Attenuation board" with an old, discarded SYMASYM
of mine (see image attached).
Everything works as designed, I do not preceive any hum, every functionality can be controlled by an infrared - control unit, ...
(look at post #520)

I have ordered 10 of the PCBs and will build them with some of my German DIY friends, before I will offer this PCB to the community.
But: be sure - this small PCB is a real gem and an adeqaute mate for your FC-100.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• nsl 012.jpg
    nsl 012.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Adrian, I have already received a dozen of professionally etched PCBs and am currently busy packing the components that I offered
in the 1st round (see my post #522) into boxes.

The groupbuy includes:

- the PCB
- 2 matched pairs of LDRs
- a BOURNS 100K motorized potentiometer
- a small transformer 7.5VAC / 4.5VA
- a pre-programmed PIC 16F886 µProcessor and a 28-pole socket

I have built a test-rig and measured the value of the photocell-resistor of a LDR at 10 different levels of current flowing through the LED.
Since I have ordered a big quantity of LDRs, I am able to offer well-matched LDR pairs to everybody who participated in the 1st round.

I have currently 2 sets left. You can have one, if you like.
Find attached the matching result of the LDRs belonging to one of these spare sets.
Colums B-K show the resistance of the photocell while the LED is connected to a 5V power supply through resistor B1-K1.

I have already written a Builder's Manual (in German Language).

The BoM (not including the LCD-display) can be found here:
https://secure.reichelt.de/index.html?;ACTION=20;AWKID=719405;PROVID=2084

The price for a set is 53.45€. Worldwide shipping is included.

Attachments

• LSA.jpg
    LSA.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Image1.png
    Image1.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
The 1st German DIYer completed my "General Purpose Lightspeed Attenuator" - PCB, connected it to his amplifier and
is very, very content with the result.
I will wait for the feedback of some other DIYers.

P.S. He did not yet connect the temperature sensors; he will do this this afternoon.

Attachments

• image_b38d10c3387b0f9b78faba919b41b328.jpg
    image_b38d10c3387b0f9b78faba919b41b328.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 640
Hi Rudi,

just finished building the attenuator. Not tested yet soundwise and i think i need to wait until monday maybe for this but so far everything works fine.
I've noticed the motorized potentiometer is having some large imbalance between L and R total resistence and also imbalance in intermediate positions of whiper. (95k&87k total resistence each channel)
I would be interested if you or someone else measured the potentiometre values in different positions.
I was asking myself during build why Mr Stancheff did't installed two potentiometres for shunt LDR's also, there is a reason ?

Thanks a lot Rudi for this nice kit !

Adrian

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, from time to time I receive a request concerning the availability of FC100 - PCBs (AMP and Shunt).
Currently I do not have any PCBs left, but I will order a small couple of PCBs in the near future - if you like!
I will not provide you any components (like transistors, capacitors, ...) this time.

The price will be 12€ for the AMP-PCB and 10€ for the Shunt-PCB.
Shipping is 3.45€ worldwide.

I will wait with ordering the PCBs until the minimum amount of PCBs to be etched (10) has been reached.

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 365
Gentlemen, from time to time I receive a request concerning the availability of FC100 - PCBs (AMP and Shunt).
Currently I do not have any PCBs left, but I will order a small couple of PCBs in the near future - if you like!
I will not provide you any components (like transistors, capacitors, ...) this time.

The price will be 12€ for the AMP-PCB and 10€ for the Shunt-PCB.
Shipping is 3.45€ worldwide.

I will wait with ordering the PCBs until the minimum amount of PCBs to be etched (10) has been reached.

Bump regards john

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.