• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know what you are dreaming about, Joseph! ;)
The original Leach AMP with TO3s on the output (see attached image).

But build the FC-100 AMP first!
Maybe that you will stop dreaming then, after you have listened to the FC-100 :D !

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• Leach AMP.png
    Leach AMP.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 380
Package delivered in good order this morning. Thanks.
As is usual with your PCB maker, the quality looks superb.
Pity the PCBs are so big.
When I saw off the PSU section, the amp PCB is acceptable, but could be narrower (more like the original Roender version).

I did try to get you to make it more compact. but my argument failed.

Well, Andrew,

perhaps you have overseen that Mihai changed his mind and uses the "very big" Vishay MKP1839 / 1µF capacitor as C1,
that I include a DC-blocking capacitor on the input, that I use my preferred, the "best ones", MPC74 / 5W metal-film emitter resistors,
that I use 50mil tracks throughout, that I do not use vertically mounted resistors, ...

And all this caused a re-design of Mihai's layout.

But I won't argue.
Your recommendations and advices are always very, very welcome - be sure.

Best regards - Rudi

Letter's here!

Hello, Rudi. Letter arrived today safe and sound. The package was as perfect as your boards. You've put a lot of work into this (and other) GB's, a simple thank you seems not enough - but THANK YOU once again. Looking forward to this build along with the others. It will be a nice winter here in Canada! I really like the lead bending tool too. :D
Jean

Got my first package today (boards, resistors, transistors and caps).

Was nicely packed and made it here safely!

Thanks for everything!!!! These PCBs are truly remarkable quality. Can't wait to get started on that project. I wish I could tell you in person and shake your hand but here's the digital copy.

BTW, I like the way you spelled Canada with a K... Were you thinking of our first nation people? :D

Ciao!
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.