• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen: as I told you, I will close the "Shunt-Transformer" group-buy tomorrow early morning and will order from BADEL then.
Find attached the current order list.

Two of you have payed already, and I have accepted their payments (my risk?, their risk?).
But: please wait with your payments, until I can give you the exact price (on Monday or Tuesday).

I have also been asked to quote a price for a transformer with the following sepcifications:

115 - 115 VAC / 4 x 25 VAC / 500W transformer, magnetically shielded, encapsulated, ..., with any option that you like,
to be used for both 117VAC and 220VAC primary voltage, suitable to drive both backend-PSUs of Mihai's FC-100.

The advantage: you do only need 1(!) transformer for the FC-100, and you will have "channel - independent - power" as well.

I will tell you the result of my request tomorrow / on Tuesday.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 497
PAYPAL Time for Shunt Transformers

Gentlemen, I am able to offer you the FC-100 Shunt-transformers:

Primary: 115 + 115 Vac (suitable for 110, 115, 120, 220, 230 & 240 Vac primaries)
Secondary: 4 x 34 Vac / 20VA
Option: Magnetic Shielding

for 20€ per piece.
The lead-time is 3 weeks.

Find attached the resulting EXCEL sheet.
You can PAYPAL me now. My PAYPAL-ID is: RRozek@t-online.de

@Those, who ordered FC-100 PCBs and components as well:
I would like and include the transformers in your FC-100 letters (I will use a small parcel instead).
The shipping costs are the same for both alternatives (separate FC-100 letter / separate transformer letter vs. small parcel).
The parcel will be sent to you as "registered mail".

P.S. I will now go on matching the PNP - NJL transistors.
I have already matched the NPN types.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Parts Order

I got in late for the group buy but Rudi kindly helped out and I’m on the list for PCB’s, but not for the majority of “hard to get” parts.
For the transistors, I’m about to place an order for the BOM with Reichelt and Mouser but am not sure what quantity’s to order to ensure I get a good chance of correct matching.

From the Rudi’s PDF builder’s manual it gives the following transistors (below) that require matching as close as possible. Could someone please help and estimate the number of individual transistors I should order to have a good chance of matching for the relevant pairs (per PCB).
If this info is already in the threads, I apologise I just haven’t found it yet!

(Hfe) of the following pairs of transistors should be as close as possible
Q21-Q18 (type: 2SC3423Y)
Q11-Q13 (type: BC560C)
Q6-Q7 (model: BC550C)
Q14-Q16 (type: 2SA1360Y)
Q19-Q20 (type: 2SC3423Y, 2SA1360Y)
Q1-Q3 (type: MJE15034, MJE15035)

J1 and J2 must have the same Idss> = 9 mA and must have the same Vgs + / - 1 mV at Id = 6.25mA

J1-J2 (type is: 2SK170)

Each triple of NJL0281DG and NJL0302DG should have the same (as close as possible) Hfe and VBE .
Q2, Q12, Q25 (type NJL0281DG)
Q4, Q5, Q27 (type NJL0302DG)

Thanks

Hi marcus1,

in case of the NJL0281/0302 I ordered 10 each and I was able to find triples less than 1% Hfe. SC3423/SA1360 I ordered 25 each and enough to make two amps. At the MJEs it was not possible to match PNP/NPN for me. I think you have to buy a lot of these to match them as described. There was a discussion about this at a german board and there was nobody able to match PNP/NPN. Rudi told me, he only matched right and left channel.If anybody want to buy original Toshiba sc3423/sa1360 it will be possible at this shop: BG-Electronics and the price is also good. BC transistors I had enough at home. In case of the SK170 matching is possible, but to get the Idss>=9 may be not so easy. Perhaps you can ask one of the diyaudio-members who sell these jfets to get the special Idss. ( fetaudio.com ). There is also an ebay shop ( Resistors, Capacitors Artikel im AudioFET Shop bei eBay! )who sells them very good matched, you have to ask... and the price is also good <3€for 2 pairs. The SK170 I bought from him, were really very well matched....

greetings Arno

Wendell, I received your payment. Thank you.

In the meanwhile I have measured all NJL-transistors (Hfe, Vf of thermal-track diode) and will now select (match) suitable triples.
Thanks to EXCEL this is not a big job.

P.S. Wendell: I have sent the Builder's Manual to you.

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Heute 020.jpg
    Heute 020.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Gentlemen, I am through with matching and packaging the NJLs.
The Hfe matching results are very, very good and all (!!) of you have triples with a deviation of <= 1%!

Find attached an image, how I packaged them.
I have taken my own NJLs as an example.

Each of you will get 2 boxes with 6 transistors and 1 box with 4 transistors.
The boxes with the 6 transistors contain a matched triple of NJL0281 and a matched triple of NJL0302 for the use of 1 AMP-PCB
and have a label consisting of 3 lines:

- your nickname
- to be used for PCB1 (the left channel for example) or PCB2 (the right channel)
- a note which ThermalTrack diode has to be disabled (jumpered)

For example: on my PCB1 the diode of the Pnp NJL0302 transistor with number 27 on its back shall be bypassed;
on PCB2 the diode of the Pnp NJL0302 transistor with number 152 shall be bypassed.

The box with only your nickname on it contains the "spare transistors", 2 of each.

P.S. @TAGHEUER and JAZZZZ: you will receive 6 boxes of course, since you ordered 4 PCBs.

Attachments

• Heute 022.jpg
    Heute 022.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 412
Mihai,

normally (in the past) the digit "0" in OnSemi's NJL0 (MJL0, ...) warrants <=10% deviance of the current production by the manufacturing process.
(Allthough I do not see this hint in the NJW0 - datasheet anymore!)

The NJLs that I bought recently from MOUSER (160 pcs. of each) have been produced:

- NJL0281DG with imprint: CQ1213 resp.CQ1203
- NJL0302DG with imprint: CQ1042

The lowest / highest Hfe that I have measured with my test-rig for the NJL0281DG have been: 94.52 resp. 105.29
The lowest / highest Hfe that I have measured with my test-rig for the NJL0302DG have been: 126.06 resp. 136.79

The deviance is in both cases <= 5% from the mean.

Since I have 2 test-rigs (one for NPN and another for PNP), I cannot do a cross-match.
I selected the NNN/PPP triples by chosing adjacent (in the NPN column resp. PNP-column) triples from the sorted EXCEL sheet.
For example: the NPN triple with the lowest Hfe goes together with the PNP triple with the lowest Hfe.

Best regards - Rudi

Last edited:
I am quite surprised: the PCBs have been etched today (!) and are already on their way to me!

So I will have them on Thursday!
I have already informed the main customs office in Leipzig, Germany, about the delivery of the PCBs.
In the past I had to answer their questions: "Rudi: why do you need so many PCBs? Do you own an "Audio - company"?
How big will your profit be selling the PCBs? ...", and this caused some delay several times.
I hope that the delivery of the PCBs will not be delayed this time.

Since I do not know exactly, when the BADEL 4x34VAC transformers will be delivered (I was told: lead-time is about 3 weeks),
I will split the delivery and send you the transformers in a separate letter.

Gentlemen: you can warm-up your soldering-iron for the build of the beautiful FC-100!

P.S. If somebody does not want me to split the delivery of his order: please tell me.

Attachments

• Image2.png
    Image2.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.