• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen,

we are exactly in time.
This is the message that I received from the etching company today:

Dear Rudi,
Your order is confirmed Apr 17, 2012 08:29 and schedule to deliver on Apr 23, 2012.
We will send you delivery details as delivered. Please let us know if had any questions, thank you.

There is an order backlog of about 100 0R1 emitter resistors though.
I will be able to dispatch the international orders in time, but will send the resistors to the German DIYers one week later.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Gentlemen,

patience is not one of my outstanding virtues!
Waiting for the PCBs to arrive, waiting for the NJL-transistors, waiting for the emitter-resistors, for the 4 x 34VAC / 50W transformer, ...

I would like and start soldering, listening right now - as most of you.

I have already built a prototype.
I know, how to do it, everything is in my mind.

I am currently writing the "FC-100 Builder's Manual".
The manual will be done by the end of the week, and I will write down all the tricks and hints to make this AMP a marvellous, glamorous success.

I will send the manual to all of you.
The manual will be written in German, of course.
You have then 1 or 2 weeks to either learn the German language - or use the "GOOGLE translator".

Slow down, Rudi, and learn to wait. :eek:

Gentlemen,

patience is not one of my outstanding virtues!
Waiting for the PCBs to arrive, waiting for the NJL-transistors, waiting for the emitter-resistors, for the 4 x 34VAC / 50W transformer, ...

I would like and start soldering, listening right now - as most of you.

I have already built a prototype.
I know, how to do it, everything is in my mind.

I am currently writing the "FC-100 Builder's Manual".
The manual will be done by the end of the week, and I will write down all the tricks and hints to make this AMP a marvellous, glamorous success.

I will send the manual to all of you.
The manual will be written in German, of course.
You have then 1 or 2 weeks to either learn the German language - or use the "GOOGLE translator".

Slow down, Rudi, and learn to wait. :eek:

Rudi - If you need help translating, let me know! Which transformers did you get?

Martin,

Claus and I ordered a "customer-specific wound 4 x 34 VAC / 50W torroid transformer" from BADEL

(Ringkerntransformator, Transformatoren, Ringkerntransformatoren, Ringkern, Ringkern-Transformator, Trafo)

a long time ago.
The price of this transformer is: 16,20 € + 19% VAT + Shipping.

This transformer is required for the shunt-regulators of the frontends of the AMP, which require +/-39VDC @ 21.5mA per rail.

ANTEK offers 2 x 34VAC transformers as well, but only starting at 200W.

P.S. Currently I am using a 2 x 35VAC / 160W transformer, which does its job quite well for all of the shunts.

Last edited:
Martin,

Claus and I ordered a "customer-specific wound 4 x 34 VAC / 50W torroid transformer" from BADEL

(Ringkerntransformator, Transformatoren, Ringkerntransformatoren, Ringkern, Ringkern-Transformator, Trafo)

a long time ago.
The price of this transformer is: 16,20 € + 19% VAT + Shipping.

This transformer is required for the shunt-regulators of the frontends of the AMP, which require +/-39VDC @ 21.5mA per rail.

ANTEK offers 2 x 34VAC transformers as well, but only starting at 200W.

P.S. Currently I am using a 2 x 35VAC / 160W transformer, which does its job quite well for all of the shunts.

I would be interested in the group buy. Also, whatever parts I need that were not in the shopping carts you provided :) Also, if you can make some more transistor matching pcbs :)

schönen abend noch

Gentlemen,

the PCBs have been etched and already arrived at Frankfurt / Germany.
This is the tracking URL: DHL | Tracking | English

In the meantime I have also received another 100 emitter 0R1 / MPC74 emitter resistors.
I am now able to ship all of your orders on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on the arrival date of the PCBs)
with the exeption of the orders of Claus, Franz, Michael and Duc, whom I ask to wait until the first week of May,
when I am supposed to receive the remaining resistors.

I have finished the FC-100 Builder's Manual in the meantime and will ask a German DIY-friend to proofread the manual.
Then I will send it to all of you via EMail.

Gentlemen,

the shipment of the PCBs is currently delayed by the German custom authorities.

I have explained to them that the PCBs are not meant for me alone, that I do not have an "audio business",
but that the PCBs are part of a world-wide group-buy which is processed in this DIY - forum.

I hope the the custom authorities approve our hobby and will release the PCBs very soon.
Maybe they read this post.

I have received the PCBs a minute ago.

The quality is absolutely flawless, and the PCBs look like real gems.

I will now pack your letters and take them to the post-office tomorrow morning.
I will send to all of you the "FC-100 Builder's Manual" tonight.

Attachments

• Cut 009.jpg
    Cut 009.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 462
I took your letters to the post-office yesterday.
I used the "insured letter" option and collected tracking-IDs for all of your letters.

Please take care when you open a letter.
I put the emitter-resistors and 1µF 1839 capacitors deep inside it.

Attachments

• Cut 001.jpg
    Cut 001.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 380
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.