• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pre-Orders now ready for SEOS-12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This was a 100% DIY community driven project from design to prototype to production. And it's now ready.

Plastic SEOS-12 Pre-Order DIY Sound Group

The idea behind these started from Zilch and the Econowaves with the goal to design one of the best waveguides ever tested. I promised to get them produced once it was done. I run a small landscape business in Ohio and helped with other group buys because I've got extra storage space at my shop, so it made sense to try and help with this as well.

The design process took a little over a year with some of the smartest guys in the field, but they're now complete. People voted on which size would be best to try and mass produce, and it was agreed that the SEOS-12 would be best.

Some of the info can be found here in the waveguide thread, but most is on the other forum where it all started. The first post of that thread is being updated with current info now that this project is almost done. But there will be many speakers coming that are designed around this waveguide.

The price of injection molding is extremely high......like the price of a car. :eek: That's also talked about in the thread. The mold has obviously been paid for and now we're taking pre-orders before the big order is sent in very soon. I've helped with some other group buys this past year and I'm giving away left overs to people that pre-order

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.