Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2012, 03:19 PM   #61
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to ackcheng
Dear Ian,

I case you did you reply my mail. Regular mail is fine with me

Ackcheng
Old 13th March 2012, 03:28 PM   #62
diyAudio Member

Ian,
I am ok with normal mail. Just cross my finger the parcel will reach me safely else will be a hassle.
Thanks.

-coolhead
Old 13th March 2012, 04:23 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
Still pcbs available?
I need to reduce jitter from my CD player (S/PDIF) & Hiface USB or Musiland Monitor 0.3US (I2S mod) as players how can integrate for BIII+4 channel SPDIF input+Sidecar combo? Can support 24BIT/352.8kHz for Musiland Monitor 03.US (I2S mod)?
News?
How much pcbs have I to buy?
Have I to buy the clocks, wich frecuency?
Old 13th March 2012, 05:34 PM   #64
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Felipe, you really should read the thread. there are no PCBs for sale, only finished boards (mentioned in the first post) and they will not meet your specifications above with any currently supported clock speeds
Old 13th March 2012, 05:42 PM   #65
diyAudio Member

Thank you Jeremy, I read the thread and I know are fully populated boards also I read supports 24 bits / 192kHz, but the questions are:

-How much boards I need: 1 (I2S FIFO KIT), 2 (Dual XO Clock board) or 3 (S/PDIF Interface Board)
-How can integrate in my setup: BIII, S/PDIF-1 Input board + Sidecar + Hiface

Thanks for help.

Last edited by merlin el mago; 13th March 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 13th March 2012, 06:25 PM   #66
diyAudio Member

I read again seems that I need 2 boards: 1 (I2S FIFO KIT), 2 (Dual XO Clock board). How can integrate in my system?
Old 13th March 2012, 06:39 PM   #67
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
I read again seems that I need 2 boards: 1 (I2S FIFO KIT), 2 (Dual XO Clock board). How can integrate in my system?
On the first post near the end of it, you have a couple files with connection diagrams. That should give you some hints.

Also, it depends on your setup... Source, DAC, etc...

Edit : I see you have a BIII... You would preferably need to use Ian's SPDIF module plus the main board. Please read about the dual clock on first thread. If you feed music using your PC through SPDIF / USB with different Fs you will need the dual clock board.

Selection guide
1.If you just stick with one Fs and do not change it often, for example, 44.1 KHz I2S from a CD player, then the I2S FIFO KIT is working for you without any problem. You don’t need other two boards.
2.If you Fs is changing album by album, for example, I2S from a USB, you will need the Dual XO Clock Board working together with the FIFO.
3.If you need including the S/PDIF input and output function, or you want to setup a S/PDIF FIFO, then the S/PDIF Interface Board would be your choice.

Ciao!
Do

Last edited by pinnocchio; 13th March 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 13th March 2012, 07:00 PM   #68
diyAudio Member

I would recommend holding off till things settle a bit there as far as recommendations go for hi res. even 192 is not supported by default with sabre. supported yes, as standard? no not yet, i would wait till we've done some experimentation
Old 13th March 2012, 07:03 PM   #69
diyAudio Member

and yes, i would not bother with sidecar, the spdif board is a better and better integrated solution if you are using fifo
Old 13th March 2012, 07:33 PM   #70
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
On the first post near the end of it, you have a couple files with connection diagrams. That should give you some hints.

Also, it depends on your setup... Source, DAC, etc...

Edit : I see you have a BIII... You would preferably need to use Ian's SPDIF module plus the main board. Please read about the dual clock on first thread. If you feed music using your PC through SPDIF / USB with different Fs you will need the dual clock board.

Selection guide
1.If you just stick with one Fs and do not change it often, for example, 44.1 KHz I2S from a CD player, then the I2S FIFO KIT is working for you without any problem. You donít need other two boards.
2.If you Fs is changing album by album, for example, I2S from a USB, you will need the Dual XO Clock Board working together with the FIFO.
3.If you need including the S/PDIF input and output function, or you want to setup a S/PDIF FIFO, then the S/PDIF Interface Board would be your choice.

Ciao!
Do
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I would recommend holding off till things settle a bit there as far as recommendations go for hi res. even 192 is not supported by default with sabre. supported yes, as standard? no not yet, i would wait till we've done some experimentation
Thanks for advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
and yes, i would not bother with sidecar, the spdif board is a better and better integrated solution if you are using fifo
But Ian spdif board can't switch several inputs as the TP S/PDIF-4 Input Board , Ian spdif board switches between DSD or PCM (I2S) and the 4 S/PDIF inputs?

Hide this!Advertise here!