Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 61 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 12:37 AM   #601
diyAudio Member
 
andrea_mori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolic View Post
nice pretty similar..

now it would be nice to have this work with the fifo board..

what are the projected price of an ocxo like this + power board?

294 GBP each for 5 pcs
272 GBP each for 10 pcs
201 GBP each for 100 pcs
plus tax and shipping

only for OCXO module!
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 09:04 AM   #602
hirez69 is offline hirez69  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
I have just received a quotation for an OCXO from HCD Research Ltd. (distributed from Golledge) with same ultra low phase noise of Vectron OCXO.
The problem is the custom frequency (typically they not produce 11.2896, 12.288 or so), then they quoted a custom part and so the price is high.
I have ordered a sample.
If anyone interested in, we could make a group buy to get lower price.

Also I'm developing a low noise power supply for this OCXO.

Andrea
Count me for 1, Andrea.

hirez69
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 09:59 AM   #603
hirez69 is offline hirez69  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
The datasheet of the OCXO from HCD
Andrea,

please, also take into account Nelfc's OCXO:

OCXOs | Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator

thanks

hirez69
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1029c.pdf (131.0 KB, 29 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 04:08 PM   #604
diyAudio Member
 
andrea_mori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirez69 View Post
Andrea,

please, also take into account Nelfc's OCXO:

OCXOs | Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator

thanks

hirez69
At this moment HCD is the only company that can produce small quantity OCXO. Other company I enquired do not produce small quantity or quoted higher price than HCD.

I'm also working on an alternative way, with similar performance.
I have ordered a few sample of high performance AT-Cut crystal, HC-43/U package, cold welded, high Q, polished finisher.
This crystal are a little expensive, anyway far cheaper than any OCXO, but obviously I have to design a suitable oscillator to get highest loaded Q as possible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 05:01 AM   #605
roger57 is offline roger57  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
roger57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Ian,

Would you mind posting the 1:1 scale drawing for your SPDIF to I2S board for mounting to a back panel?

Thanks,
Gary
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 05:49 AM   #606
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
I'm also working on an alternative way, with similar performance.
I have ordered a few sample of high performance AT-Cut crystal, HC-43/U package, cold welded, high Q, polished finisher.
This crystal are a little expensive, anyway far cheaper than any OCXO, but obviously I have to design a suitable oscillator to get highest loaded Q as possible.
courageous like iancanada with is awesome 1 digit picosecond jitter fifo reclocker.

I wish, i could work with people like you to make my "soundcard" idea hehe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 10:03 PM   #607
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger57 View Post
Ian,

Would you mind posting the 1:1 scale drawing for your SPDIF to I2S board for mounting to a back panel?

Thanks,
Gary
On my printer, it's 1:1. 0.5mm tolerance roughly in total. A bit up to your printer. Measure the long side just to make sure it's within your tolerance range.

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPDIF1to1Loyout.pdf (49.9 KB, 71 views)
__________________
Ian GBV+: I2S to PCM converter board & other accessories
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post4117119
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 11:26 PM   #608
roger57 is offline roger57  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
roger57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Ian,

Sorry, I should have been more specific - a layout template for drill positions to mount the board on the back panel. This would be the view if you held up the PCB and looked straight at the coax, toslink and nuetrik connectors.

If you have it; great, if not, thank you anyways for taking the time to respond.

Gary



Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
On my printer, it's 1:1. 0.5mm tolerance roughly in total. A bit up to your printer. Measure the long side just to make sure it's within your tolerance range.

Ian
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:09 PM   #609
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger57 View Post
Ian,

Sorry, I should have been more specific - a layout template for drill positions to mount the board on the back panel. This would be the view if you held up the PCB and looked straight at the coax, toslink and nuetrik connectors.

If you have it; great, if not, thank you anyways for taking the time to respond.

Gary
I'm sorry Gary, I don't have that layout template. Please measure the dimensions by yourself if it is possible.

Regards,

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV+: I2S to PCM converter board & other accessories
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post4117119
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:33 PM   #610
roger57 is offline roger57  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
roger57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
I'm sorry Gary, I don't have that layout template. Please measure the dimensions by yourself if it is possible.

Regards,

Ian
Ian,

No problem. I will do that and post a layout PDF when done. Might be useful to others.

Gary
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter iancanada Digital Line Level 3455 Today 02:06 PM
High Performance WM8741 Super Mini DAC with I2S Data Switching PCB - Group Buy heartwinter Group Buys 26 19th January 2012 01:12 PM
Simple FIFO to I2S CPLD, for MCU players / reclocking KOON3876 Digital Line Level 21 19th September 2008 05:00 PM
What speakers are you going to use with your gainclone group buy kit AJ Bertelson Multi-Way 6 2nd March 2004 08:01 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2