Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 05:42 PM   #571
cracra is offline cracra  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Ian,

Thanks for your answer.

Sernikus,

your idea of using a BIII adapter (I hopefully ordered to Ian) to dispatch the signals to the 2 OPUS boards is quite good !

BTW which kind of Output stage are you using behind your OPUS boards ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 06:40 PM   #572
gsa is offline gsa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West London
Default Interested in joining waiting list...

Hi Ian, I've been following the progress of your FIFO buffer for a long while now and I think it is fantastic.

I have the Gigawork DAC from ebay heavily modified with NEW PSU for each supply and seperate transformer, redesigned OPA627 filter etc etc..

Can you help me with a couple of questions:

Where is the best place (for audio performance) to slot the buffer in, before or after the up-sampling board (CS8421 and I assume after would be best)?

Is it possible to run the up-sampler from the FIFO clock to improve jitter performance?

Many thanks,

George.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0124.jpg (385.5 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg modpower.JPG (548.5 KB, 258 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 11:22 PM   #573
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsa View Post
Hi Ian, I've been following the progress of your FIFO buffer for a long while now and I think it is fantastic.

I have the Gigawork DAC from ebay heavily modified with NEW PSU for each supply and seperate transformer, redesigned OPA627 filter etc etc..

Can you help me with a couple of questions:

Where is the best place (for audio performance) to slot the buffer in, before or after the up-sampling board (CS8421 and I assume after would be best)?

Is it possible to run the up-sampler from the FIFO clock to improve jitter performance?

Many thanks,

George.
George, Please always place the FIFO as close as possible to your DAC.

However,there are a lot of options interfacing fifo with a ASRC such as a CS8421. If you place the FIFO before the ASRC, you may have chance running CS8421 at sync mode (or slave mode) which would be expected getting better sound.

Have fun with DIY.

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 12:49 AM   #574
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default New Waiting List Update

N01. cddumat 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board 1*S/PDIF Interface Board
N02. spm I2S FIFO,Dual XO Clock board,S/PDIF Interface Board,2x SMT U.FL,8x 6",4x 12”,I2S backdoor KIT, 2xXO Adapters lot of 5,2xBIII adapters,2x SMT connector package
N03. Regland - 1*I2S FIFO Kit, 1*Dual XO Clock Board, 1*S/PDIF Interface Board, 2*BIII adapter
N04. AR2 - 1x I2S FIFO Kit, 1x Dual XO Clock Board, 1x S/PDIF Interface Board, 2 x BIII adapter, 1x I2S backdoor KIT for S/PDIF board, 2x Package of Universal SMT XO Adapters KIT lot of 5, 2x Additional BIII adapters PCB, 2x SMT connector package for BIII adapters
N05. vertigovh72 - 1x I2S FIFO Kit, 1x Dual XO Clock Board, 1x S/PDIF Interface Board, 1x Universal SMT XO Adapters KIT lot of 5
N06. sidiropa 1x I2S FIFO Kit, 1x Dual XO Clock Board, 1x S/PDIF Interface Board, 1x Universal SMT XO Adapters KIT
N07. Pinnocchio 1x I2S FIFO Kit, 1x Dual XO Clock Board,
N08. mfrimu 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board 1*S/PDIF Interface
N09. makumba1966 1*I2S FIFO KIT, 1*Dual XO Clock board , 1*S/PDIF Interface, 4 x BIII adapter, 1x I2S backdoor KIT for S/PDIF board, 2x Package of Universal SMT XO Adapters KIT lot of 5, 4x Additional BIII adapters PCB, 4x SMT connector package for BIII adapters Board
N10. LuisMCP - 1 x I2S Kit + 1 x Dual XO
N11. number9 1x I2S FIFO Kit, 1x Dual XO Clock Board, 1x S/PDIF Interface
N12. Fridrik 1x I2S FIFO Kit, 1x Dual XO Clock Board, 1x S/PDIF Interface 2x Universal SMT XO Adapters KIT, 1x I2S backdoor KIT
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 09:26 AM   #575
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Poland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracra View Post
Ian,

Thanks for your answer.

Sernikus,

your idea of using a BIII adapter (I hopefully ordered to Ian) to dispatch the signals to the 2 OPUS boards is quite good !

BTW which kind of Output stage are you using behind your OPUS boards ?
dual IVY (it`s ver. 2 if i remember)
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 06:59 PM   #576
Crumboo is offline Crumboo  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hi!

I just found out about this very interesting project!

I'm planning on building a combined multichannel DSP/digital filter and DAC, and would like some advise on which parts that I would need for using this fifo in the setup. The dac is Buffalo III (in multichannel mode) and the source would be a dsp boards which outputs multichannel I2S (only one fs will be used).

By the way, is the Placid HD PSU from Twisted Pear suitable for powering the fifo?

Best regards,
Mattias
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 07:13 AM   #577
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumboo View Post
Hi!

I just found out about this very interesting project!

I'm planning on building a combined multichannel DSP/digital filter and DAC, and would like some advise on which parts that I would need for using this fifo in the setup. The dac is Buffalo III (in multichannel mode) and the source would be a dsp boards which outputs multichannel I2S (only one fs will be used).

By the way, is the Placid HD PSU from Twisted Pear suitable for powering the fifo?

Best regards,
Mattias
Not so Good News:
The current FIFO will not allow multichannel. Running more than one of the existing boards for each pair of i2s channels will have each pair of channels delayed by a different amount. Which is obviously less than desirable.


Better News:
It's been discussed and Ian has mentioned that he has considered adding something like this in the future and you're not alone in wanting these features for more than 2channels!

Power Supplies:
For power supplies I believe you need 0.6A @ 5V for the current design (the docs on Ian's signature should clarify that beyond doubt though).
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 12:01 PM   #578
diyAudio Member
 
lindamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / Chamberí, newest state in Europe ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
No problem Pepe. KITs were reserved for all registered GBII member. So thay are still available for you. Please go ahead with order form.

Thank you.

Ian
Ian,

do please hold my order, I am travelling again and cannot have access to internet easily. I´ll be back at home first week of september and it would be great if you can hold it until I can pay by then.

best regards
Pepe
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 02:01 PM   #579
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamar View Post
Ian,

do please hold my order, I am travelling again and cannot have access to internet easily. I´ll be back at home first week of september and it would be great if you can hold it until I can pay by then.

best regards
Pepe
That's no any problem, Pepe.

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 02:07 PM   #580
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumboo View Post
Hi!

I just found out about this very interesting project!

I'm planning on building a combined multichannel DSP/digital filter and DAC, and would like some advise on which parts that I would need for using this fifo in the setup. The dac is Buffalo III (in multichannel mode) and the source would be a dsp boards which outputs multichannel I2S (only one fs will be used).

By the way, is the Placid HD PSU from Twisted Pear suitable for powering the fifo?

Best regards,
Mattias
Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Not so Good News:
The current FIFO will not allow multichannel. Running more than one of the existing boards for each pair of i2s channels will have each pair of channels delayed by a different amount. Which is obviously less than desirable.


Better News:
It's been discussed and Ian has mentioned that he has considered adding something like this in the future and you're not alone in wanting these features for more than 2channels!

Power Supplies:
For power supplies I believe you need 0.6A @ 5V for the current design (the docs on Ian's signature should clarify that beyond doubt though).
Thanks hochopeper, you gave correct answer. Current FIFO is a pure stereo design. To achieve a muti-channel FIFO, it need more memory and new FPGA logic. It would be a different design which I'm doing right now.

Have a nice week.

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743

Last edited by iancanada; 20th August 2012 at 02:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter iancanada Digital Line Level 3238 18th April 2014 12:42 PM
High Performance WM8741 Super Mini DAC with I2S Data Switching – PCB - Group Buy heartwinter Group Buys 26 19th January 2012 12:12 PM
Simple FIFO to I2S CPLD, for MCU players / reclocking KOON3876 Digital Line Level 21 19th September 2008 04:00 PM
What speakers are you going to use with your gainclone group buy kit AJ Bertelson Multi-Way 6 2nd March 2004 07:01 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2