Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 54 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th August 2012, 11:36 PM   #531
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sernikus View Post
just finished my FIFO . it`s integrated with dual-mono Opus Dac .... and with these generic XO`s (i`m waiting for 1ppm , -135dB phase noise TCXO`s from ebay...) it sounds unbelievably good (my setup is : PC based linear powered CMP player , BAT VK30 +VK200 and Audio Physic New Tempo) and i must say again : THANK YOU VERY MUCH ,IAN !!!! BTW : where are my rubber rings ?! )))
Congratulations Sernikus! You will get more surprise if you run the FIFO with really nice low jitter clocks.

I didn't supply rubber rings this time. Beacuse the ones I sourced were not good enough, very easy to be broken. Here are some possible solutions, just for reference:
Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Good luck to your projcet.

Ian
Old 9th August 2012, 03:10 PM   #532
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

After spending some time on Spidf board and finally opening The I2S Backdoor, well that was really pretty small bit of soldering...

Have some questions regarding SPIDF board, hope that OK for GB thread.

Would You advice way of "moding" SPIDF board TTL input to adapt Coax Level Spidf , preferably with PE Trafos ...
Specially that at the moment I do not have any need for Spidf Ouptut, so can use PE separation trafos from output part.
Hope than not only for me having second Coax In is more interesting than TTL IN.

Regards
Rosendorfer
Old 9th August 2012, 03:35 PM   #533
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

Do You have free just Duall Clock board, I'm thinking about buying second one.
It is that good that having just one is not enough.

Regards
Rosendorfer
Old 9th August 2012, 05:04 PM   #534
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosendorfer View Post
Hi Ian

Do You have free just Duall Clock board, I'm thinking about buying second one.
It is that good that having just one is not enough.

Regards
Rosendorfer
yes, I still have some dual xo clock boards available. I can ship it in a envelope, the shipping would be much less. Just send me the order form if you want.

Regards,

Ian
Old 9th August 2012, 07:43 PM   #535
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

Thanks, I will...

Rosendorfer
Old 10th August 2012, 12:30 AM   #536
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosendorfer View Post
Hi Ian

After spending some time on Spidf board and finally opening The I2S Backdoor, well that was really pretty small bit of soldering...

Have some questions regarding SPIDF board, hope that OK for GB thread.

Would You advice way of "moding" SPIDF board TTL input to adapt Coax Level Spidf , preferably with PE Trafos ...
Specially that at the moment I do not have any need for Spidf Ouptut, so can use PE separation trafos from output part.
Hope than not only for me having second Coax In is more interesting than TTL IN.

Regards
Rosendorfer
Good to know you made it. Actually it's not that difficult, if you do a second one .

TTL input and coaxial input are different. Coaxial comes with a AC coupled RF amp, while TTL is just a LVTTL input with schmitt trigger. TTL S/PDIF input is usefull to interface with device such as a CD/DVD ROM. I remember TP has a hi-speed comparator solution which could converte coaxial S/PDIF into TTL signal, if I'm not wrong. It might be a good reference.

Regards,

Ian
Old 10th August 2012, 02:20 AM   #537
Regland is offline Regland  Canada
diyAudio Member

N3 has arrived safely.

Thanks again.
Old 10th August 2012, 09:23 AM   #538
lll is offline lll
diyAudio Member

#22 has arrived.
Thanks a lot Ian
Old 11th August 2012, 02:43 PM   #539
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,
While I'm waiting to receive FIFO buffer, just a clarification using it with I2S input from CD-PRO2 and feeding SM5842/PCM63:
- jumper TP48 open, so MCLK is 256*fs, 11.2896 MHz
- jumper TP43 short to ground, left justified to feed SM5842
- jumpers TP41 and TP42 open, I2S 16/32 bit feeding from Philips CD-PRO2

Is that right?

A few questions:
- I'm building a low phase noise oscillator to use as external clock for FIFO buffer. Is 11.2896 the right frequency to synchronize I2S from CD-PRO2 with FIFO buffer and then SM5842?
- SM5842 system clock (XTI pin): it accept 256fs or 348fs, so I have to use 256fs directly external clock, right?
- SM5842 input bitclock (BCKI pin): need 64fs (2.8224) as the I2S signal clock, so I have to connect SCK of the I2S output cable from the FIFO buffer, right?
- SM5842 data input (IW1L/DIL and IW2N/DIR pin): I think I have to configure input data as "LR alternating, leading data" with INF1N pin high and DI/INF2N pin low, so I can connect SD of the I2S output cable from the FIFO buffer to both L/R data input, right?
- SM5842 sample rate clock (LRCI pin): need fs clock, so I can connect WS of the I2S output cable from the FIFO buffer, right?
- no other connections from FIFO buffer to SM5842, right?

Thanks for the great job.

Andrea
Old 11th August 2012, 09:33 PM   #540
diyAudio Member

Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / Chamberí, newest state in Europe ;-)
Hi Ian,

I was in the GBII list but did not make the payment yet (I have been just outside of the country for business).

Do please let me know if I still can fulfill my payment and have everything sent. (my order contains only BuffIII adapters and some other connectors).

Best regards
Pepe

Last edited by lindamar; 11th August 2012 at 09:39 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!