Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th February 2012, 10:21 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Hello Ian,

So I read the manuals (excellent write up). Is it possible to support clocks with the next multiple of frequencies (45.xx, 49.xx MHz) so that MCK>192FS (or =256FS) for 192KHz sample rate? This is a requirement of the Sabre32 DAC.

Thanks
Thanks glt,

For the FIFO KIT, it is possible running 192KHz and 176.4KHz I2S at 256Fs MCLK by 49.152MHz and 45.1854MHz clocks on the Dual XO Clock board. The only things is, at the same time, the MCLK for 44.1KHz and 48KHz will become 1024Fs. Let me know when you really go with this configuration, I'll show you how.

Running the FIFO KIT with Sabre32 DAC would be very interesting experience. It comes with interanl DPLL. Together with low jitter clock from FIFO board, kinds of setting combination will be figured out.

Regards,
Ian
Old 1st March 2012, 12:47 AM   #32
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

damn, I just came on here to ask the same question and also possibly list an unused 22.5792MHz crystek. i knew there was a reason nagging at me not to follow the fifo manual and had both loaded in the cart but deleted the 45 when i went over budget. Ian, can you send me the same instructions for 1024fs? also anyone in AU or Asia that wants an unopened 22.5792MHz crystek i may have one for sale, i guess at a slight discount from the mouser price; should be here in a couple of days.

all of my dacs are sabres, I use my usb for hi res input usually which wont run through the fifo and i guess i can run OSF bypass, but not being able to push the kit to the boundaries of its performance seems silly.

that being said i only bought the 22.5792MHz for now, for 44.1k content, which will still be fine i would think. so maybe i should just stick with it, but i will still need to know how to set up for the 24x clock when i buy it.

glt: as long as i'm not pushing 176.xxx through the 9012 it'll still be fine up to 88.2 right?

Last edited by qusp; 1st March 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 1st March 2012, 04:51 AM   #33
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

It should work, or as you said, you can turn off the oversampling. Curiously, the WM8741 only works up to 128FS for 192Kh SR

Last edited by glt; 1st March 2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 1st March 2012, 06:11 AM   #34
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

thanks glt, ok so my initial testing will have to be either just using the onboard clock of the ackodac in async mode and not connecting MCLK from the fifo at all (which seems a bit pointless), or running OSF bypass for both 22.1/24x integers till i get new clocks and set up the fifo for the sabre correctly.

my playlists are majority 44.1, with a scattering of hires, but i sometimes run OS in puremusic, so OSF off is not a big deal. the problem is i sometimes have mixed sample rates in my playlists including hires, so i guess working out the correct setup will be needed asap regardless, as i dont want any program errors coming through the speakers
Old 4th March 2012, 03:52 AM   #35
johnYks is offline johnYks  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hello Ian

If it's still possible please accept the following order for the kit:

1 johnYks

2 Items 1, 2, 3. and 4(all three cables) _ (one of each item)
Old 6th March 2012, 01:17 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your payments. KIT will be shipped very soon.
Have a nice week.
Old 6th March 2012, 01:56 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

I want to add one SPDIF and two 12" cable to my order, but I did not receive any email for payment.
Old 6th March 2012, 03:08 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Hi Ian

I want to add one SPDIF and two 12" cable to my order, but I did not receive any email for payment.
Invoice was sent to kyc1338@hotmail.com ,
Let me know if you didn't receive.
Old 6th March 2012, 03:45 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,
I also haven't received any message for payment.
Thank you.

-coolhead
Old 6th March 2012, 03:48 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

I did not receive any invoice, please re-send

Hide this!Advertise here!