Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 35 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2012, 11:51 AM   #341
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

excellent! these will also with a bit of lead bending work with my USB interface.

karvid, no I dont think they will be all that useful for BII, i'm sure you could find something to do with it, but it wont plug right in like it does with BIII well actually it looks like it could be bent to the task, Ian can explain that, the ufl header looks to be designed to suit the BIII input header though

what do you mean you dont know what signal you get out of the fifo? i2s + clock … its an i2s buffer/master clock. its a pretty specific device with only one main purpose. it has spdif input and output too if you buy that part of course.

its great that word of this device is getting out around the place, perhaps some people are just buying it because people are saying its the best thing to do, without actually knowing how it works? maybe you should put the manual in the front page Ian?

Last edited by qusp; 5th July 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 5th July 2012, 11:56 AM   #342
karvid is offline karvid  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thanks qusp,
but what does it do... ?
Old 5th July 2012, 12:13 PM   #343
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

its a conversion board system, there are 2 parts,

1. it allows the clock from the BIII and probably BII to be removed and this adapter connected in its place, then it has a u.fl connector header on it (mini bnc) which allows proper connection on an external master clock signal to be connected from the fifo clock board output so that you can run a synchronous clock, running the dac from the very same clock as the fifo.

it also appears to have a place to connect a clock in a socket on top to allow you to easily switch between synchronous and asynchronous clocking. I would say you can probably use this with BII, maybe not as neatlyI havent studied it closely, I dont use BIII or BII with fifo, i'm running an ackodac

2. the second part converts the multichannel i2s header on BIII to multiple u.fl headers for the rest of the i2s inputs for BCK, WCK, SDATA (BCK, D1, D2) for better impedance controlled and neat connections, pinheaders really arent ideal for i2s and the fifo has u.fl for better signal integrity

Last edited by qusp; 5th July 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 5th July 2012, 03:13 PM   #344
diyAudio Member

Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / Chamberí, newest state in Europe ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Got those adapter PCBs today finally! I made right decision, re-ordering the PCB immediately after found lost. The DHL investigating still under going, I don't think they could find anything.

I'll do some test and let you know the result tomorrow.

Have a good night

Ian
Ian,

shall we sign up for these boards and the u.fl adapters right here in this thread ?

cheers,
Pepe
Old 5th July 2012, 03:42 PM   #345
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamar View Post
Ian,

shall we sign up for these boards and the u.fl adapters right here in this thread ?

cheers,
Pepe
I'll list them together with GB II details, hopefully this weekend. You just need update your order after that. I have enough PCB to supply this time.

Ian
Old 5th July 2012, 10:47 PM   #346
diyAudio Member

Default New universal SMT XO adapter tested

New universal SMT XO adapter is compatible with most popular SMT XOs, CCHD957,CCHD950, 7*5, 5*3.2,3.2*2.5,2.5*2(NZ2520S)... The decoupling capacitors at back are optional. Two 100n 0603 and one 1u 0805 are recommended. But if the XO has good internal decoupling capacitors, then you don’t need any of them.

I did some test on a couple of different size XOs yesterday, CCHD950, NZ2520S and a normal 7*5 XO. They woke well. See the pictures for details.

The manufacturer combined 40 of them in one piece of PCB with v-cut. I don’t like the rough edge. You have to use file or sand paper to make it looks nicer before assemble. It seems I have enough PCB to supply this time. One FIFO KIT still comes with one adapter kit for free. I’ll list it with the GB II details for those who need more.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCHD957_950.JPG (413.6 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg NZ2520S.JPG (256.3 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg XO7x5mm.JPG (288.6 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg V_cup.JPG (512.9 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by iancanada; 5th July 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 6th July 2012, 03:53 AM   #347
diyAudio Member

Default U.FL input adapter and Sync-Async clock adapter for BIII

I like both of them. They were integrated into one PCB, but it's separable. I'll do some test on my BIII and will let you know the result on the technical thread Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter later on.

Have a good night.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InputU.FLadapter1.JPG (358.5 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg InputU.FLadapter2.JPG (421.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg BIIIclockAdapter1.JPG (337.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg BIIIclockAdapter2.JPG (316.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 6th July 2012, 04:10 AM   #348
diyAudio Member

Ian, they look perfect!

I had not seen those 2 x 10pin headers with the surface mount connections previously, only through hole versions, they've really allowed you to achieve the most compact and optimal arrangement! I tried to work out an arrangement earlier in the year with a through hole pin header part and didn't ever get to an arrangement I was happy with.

Almost makes me wish I had a BIII!
Old 6th July 2012, 04:56 AM   #349
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Ian, they look perfect!

I had not seen those 2 x 10pin headers with the surface mount connections previously, only through hole versions, they've really allowed you to achieve the most compact and optimal arrangement! I tried to work out an arrangement earlier in the year with a through hole pin header part and didn't ever get to an arrangement I was happy with.

Almost makes me wish I had a BIII!
Yes, that's exactly the reason I like them. It's kind of perfect solution, even better then I thought.

I don't have a BII, so I don't know if there is any possible to revise for BII?

Good luck,

Ian
Old 6th July 2012, 05:01 AM   #350
diyAudio Member

Ahhh you see I actually don't have a BII either. I have a TP Opus at the moment and plans to probably get a ackodac at some point but my DAC building is on back burner at the moment, was told by the 'boss' to finish some other projects before I do any new ones.

Cheers,
Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!