Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 11:56 AM   #311
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
I ordered the daughter board PCB. But I don't think it can catch up with the GB II. I'm still not decieded if I could set up a GB for that I2S to PCM converter daughter board, beacuse I don't know how many people are interested in that.

Ian
no one of the hundreds building NOS DAC's are going to click to open a thread with "asynchronous" in the title, they will associate the word with either upsampling or usb protocol.

Try a new thread "SPDIF-I2S FIFO Buffer with local clock for NOS DAC's".
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 12:19 PM   #312
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
no one of the hundreds building NOS DAC's are going to click to open a thread with "asynchronous" in the title, they will associate the word with either upsampling or usb protocol.

Try a new thread "SPDIF-I2S FIFO Buffer with local clock for NOS DAC's".
Thanks regal, that's a really good idea .

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 08:49 PM   #313
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
A BIII adaptor for me too please!
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 04:55 AM   #314
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
20 hochopeperI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
Hi Ian,

Unfortunately I need to bow out of the next round.

I will continue to follow with interest and I'm looking forward to seeing some results from this and your other clock projects. I'm (not so) quietly hoping for maybe even a multichannel version of this project at some point

Cheers,
Chris
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 09:02 PM   #315
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Hi Ian,

Unfortunately I need to bow out of the next round.

I will continue to follow with interest and I'm looking forward to seeing some results from this and your other clock projects. I'm (not so) quietly hoping for maybe even a multichannel version of this project at some point

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,

That's no problem. Thank you for interseting. Come back to me at any time you want.

Take care,

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 10:05 PM   #316
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Default Good news and bad news

The good news is the PCBs arrived. The bad news is all of the small adapter PCBs, include the new designed universal SMT XO adapters and the BIII adapters, were missing from the box, ****!!!

I know you are looking forward to them, me too. All the big boards, the FIFO, the S/PDIF and the Dual XO board will be on schedule. But those small lovely adapters…… my supplier has already complained… the express company, but, who knows…if there is any chance finding them out…just cross my fingers. Or I have to re-order those adapters again, but it will take another 10 days.

I suspect the original box was broken for some reason, something was wrong at re-packaging. What I got the box is different from what original shipped. Those adapters are too small…..

I noticed somebody start losing their patient. That’s fine. I have promised the GBII for two months, I almost done, but still didn’t get everything ready so far. I couldn’t ask for people keeping their interesting and patient for that long time. I'm afraid I have to delay listing of the details, might be 10 days or more, because I can’t list any items which I didn’t test by myself. Although the finial deliver time should keep no change. Sorry about that. If anybody wants to quit now, I don’t have any problem.

Running a GB is not an easy job. Not only have to do all the jobs, but also need to take the risk. I don’t want any payment before I get things fully tested and ready for deliver. But I have to pay everything in advance, the BOM, the PCB, the production…with if ..making some money to support my R&D is still a question.

Just a bit upset about the missing PCB. Anyway, having chance sharing my project with you guys, the top audiophile DIYers in the world, is still my great pleasure.

Take care,

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743

Last edited by iancanada; 20th June 2012 at 10:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 11:20 PM   #317
PET-240 is offline PET-240  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brisbane Northside
Hey Ian,

Am pretty sure no-one here will be to stressed, tis the nature of these things, you are keeping all informed so if I was you, do what you have to, I reckon it's better to go out tested and you are happy and confident than not be and worry.

Look forward to these, but still have much to do!

Have yourself a great day and many more thanks for all your efforts!

Cheers,

Drew.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 01:44 AM   #318
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Hi Ian,
I am enjoying music here with your first batch FIFO GB. I have no word to describe how good it is, all I can say is, it worth the wait, great effort.
No worry, small problem like this will happen from time to time.
Thanks.

-coolhead

-coolhead
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 02:40 AM   #319
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
qusp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
given you have kept everyone informed straight away, anyone posting impatiently will get virtual slap round the side of the head =)

Ian, sounds like this is starting to take its toll, nobody wants this to be uncomfortable..
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 03:47 AM   #320
diyAudio Member
 
iancanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PET-240 View Post
Hey Ian,

Am pretty sure no-one here will be to stressed, tis the nature of these things, you are keeping all informed so if I was you, do what you have to, I reckon it's better to go out tested and you are happy and confident than not be and worry.

Look forward to these, but still have much to do!

Have yourself a great day and many more thanks for all your efforts!

Cheers,

Drew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhead View Post
Hi Ian,
I am enjoying music here with your first batch FIFO GB. I have no word to describe how good it is, all I can say is, it worth the wait, great effort.
No worry, small problem like this will happen from time to time.
Thanks.

-coolhead

-coolhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
given you have kept everyone informed straight away, anyone posting impatiently will get virtual slap round the side of the head =)

Ian, sounds like this is starting to take its toll, nobody wants this to be uncomfortable..
Thank you my friends for your very kind words. I just duplicated the order for those adapter PCBs again 1 minute ago. I couldn't wait for their investigating result, usually it will take a week or more. Time is more important than money.

I never had problem with postoffice. But DHL, not for the first time.

I'm OK. Just trying my best making everything on time.

Have a good night.

Ian
__________________
Ian GBV - I2S to PCM converter board & FIFO KIT
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post3662743
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter iancanada Digital Line Level 3313 Today 03:37 PM
High Performance WM8741 Super Mini DAC with I2S Data Switching PCB - Group Buy heartwinter Group Buys 26 19th January 2012 12:12 PM
Simple FIFO to I2S CPLD, for MCU players / reclocking KOON3876 Digital Line Level 21 19th September 2008 04:00 PM
What speakers are you going to use with your gainclone group buy kit AJ Bertelson Multi-Way 6 2nd March 2004 07:01 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2