Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 30 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2012, 07:29 AM   #291
Ale79 is offline Ale79  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,
I know this might sound pretty dumb on a diy forum, but would you by any chance consider providing a fully assembled/boxed solution? I'm afraid I'm not up to the task of building one my self, but would love to try out your board..
Old 14th June 2012, 08:36 AM   #292
dddac is offline dddac  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default eBay would be fine

eBay would be fine

but did you consider to make a very simple "web shop " with the standard HTML from PayPal? I did that with my site and it works extremely easy for both parties. and at least no eBay fees

you can check how it looks at DDDAC 2000 look for the "sales" link

I would like to test your board as well, very interesting approach !

best regards,
Doede
Old 14th June 2012, 11:19 AM   #293
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

I think you would get killed with the ebay fees.

Teabag's method looks good, with a google spreadsheet and cutoff time. Customers do all the work sending the PP, no invoicing.
Old 14th June 2012, 12:19 PM   #294
ryanj is offline ryanj  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,

I agree with regal. It would be much less work load for you if you take the same approach as Tea-bag has with the BiB pcbs- Make a simple spreadsheet and let the members do some of the work for you.

You could even write a simple formula in one of the columns to tally the total price for each individual. The total owing to you could then be paid to you via a PayPal account with the members diyaudio name and a list of the parts they ordered.

All your work on this project and GB is very much appreciated by all I'm sure, many thanks for all your great work.

Ryan

Last edited by ryanj; 14th June 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 14th June 2012, 07:57 PM   #295
PET-240 is offline PET-240  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hey Ian,

I'll third Teabgs method, i was involved in one of his GB' with the BIB, was easy an if a mistake was made it would be easily traceable who made it, not that there were any. Doede's isn't bad either just a bit harder.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:51 PM   #296
diyAudio Member

Agree with Regal, tea-bag's method is excellent.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:57 PM   #297
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PET-240 View Post
Hey Ian,

I'll third Teabgs method, i was involved in one of his GB' with the BIB, was easy an if a mistake was made it would be easily traceable who made it, not that there were any. Doede's isn't bad either just a bit harder.
that would be forth, or fifth, thats what I suggested on the last page, agreed there hasnt been any troubles in any of the gbs ive been involved with that use this method. people seem to self regulate quite well surprisingly. I didnt mention it as 'the teabag method' because i'm not sure he invented, maybe just popularized it lol
Old 15th June 2012, 12:01 AM   #298
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
that would be forth, or fifth, thats what I suggested on the last page, agreed there hasnt been any troubles in any of the gbs ive been involved with that use this method. people seem to self regulate quite well surprisingly. I didnt mention it as 'the teabag method' because i'm not sure he invented, maybe just popularized it lol
History was written by those who have been victorious.

I concur with all of the above, this method has proven effective in the past for many others.
Old 15th June 2012, 12:22 AM   #299
diyAudio Member

Very good suggestions. Just tet me think about it. Keeping your privacy is also very important, as well as making a safe payment.

Ian
Old 15th June 2012, 07:19 AM   #300
zinsula is offline zinsula  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
[...]Keeping your privacy is also very important,[...]
I'll second that. Had not so good experience once (not on an Audio site) with sharing dliberately real names and E-Mail Adresses.

Hide this!Advertise here!