Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2012, 06:35 PM   #191
roger57 is offline roger57  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
thanks ian,
I'm pleased to wait for the upgraded FIFO board to feed SM5842 directly.

Scrolling the waiting list I see all people want Dual XO Clock board, so I realize I am the only one who plays 16 bit/44 khz only.
I'm the only one nostalgic for the PCM63....

Is there anybody?
Andrea,

I too have a 16bit/44.1 application with the TDA1541A. Hoping that Ian can do the code change to support using the 512fs to take advantage of the CCDH957 oscillator.

Gary
Old 22nd April 2012, 01:39 AM   #192
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi Regal,

I'm busy developing a daughter adapter board to interface FIFO with AD1865/62, PCM63, PCM1704/02 and many other DACs to make them working at NOS mode.
Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter #385 is tha new timing. Hope that works for you. Please let me know for any idea.

Nice weekend.
This is incredible, groundbreaking imho, will you be able to split the L/R data ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
thanks ian,
I'm pleased to wait for the upgraded FIFO board to feed SM5842 directly.

Scrolling the waiting list I see all people want Dual XO Clock board, so I realize I am the only one who plays 16 bit/44 khz only.
I'm the only one nostalgic for the PCM63....

Is there anybody?
The SM5842 and its evil twin brother the PMD100 are still considered the best means to oversample by many, you aren't alone (I have the single xo board, waiting on the next round of salas regs before I can put it to good use.).

Last edited by regal; 22nd April 2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 23rd April 2012, 06:05 AM   #193
roender is offline roender  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi guys,

Since more people want the FIFO KIT, I'm afraid I have to open the second run.

If more then 30 on the waiting list, I'll start to order 50 with 20 reserved. I'm trying to finish upgrading the KIT to support more input and output format. Upgrading will be only verilogHDL code related. Hardware keeps no change for sure. User's manuals will be upgraded either before getting ready for delivery.

Waiting list so far:

Please let me know if I miss anything.

Have a nice weekend.
Hi Ian,

Please put me on the list with 1 I2S FIFO KIT, 1 Dual XO Clock board, 1 S/PDIF Interface Board

Thank you,
Mihai
Old 23rd April 2012, 03:58 PM   #194
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

put me on the list for 1 fifo & 1 dual xo

Thanks

Dave
Old 25th April 2012, 01:39 PM   #195
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Ian, I wold suggest including a slightly larger size rubber o-ring in the kits, I havent seen anyone else using them, but not only did I snap a couple installing them, but i've had 3 of them snap now, 2 happened fairly soon after installing them, but i've just had a 3rd happen after being fine overnight. its potentially dangerous, as I only noticed after close inspection that the band had snapped and the inertia from this moved the assembly so that one of the metal standoffs was placed in the middle of one of my ackodac's voltage regulators, had it been on, this would have caused a catastrophic failure.

the fifo/clock assembly was placed straddling this regulator on 20mm standoffs but with plenty of clearance, so it didnt move it just a little bit. the problem is that now ive taken it out of the frame I dont have any other way to mount it, so any suggestions are welcome, perhaps I will use string temporarily, dental rubber bands might do the trick.

i'm posting here just so that people are aware of this potential issue, as I said I havent seen anyone else using them yet
Old 25th April 2012, 01:59 PM   #196
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
Ian, I wold suggest including a slightly larger size rubber o-ring in the kits, I havent seen anyone else using them
Levinson did in ML31.5: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...ansport-22.jpg
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th April 2012, 02:08 PM   #197
neb001 is offline neb001  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Daniel View Post
I believe qusp meant he hasn't seen anyone else with Ian's kit use them. Most pictures I've seen show the board still attached to the main pcb.
Old 25th April 2012, 02:21 PM   #198
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb001 View Post
I believe qusp meant he hasn't seen anyone else with Ian's kit use them. Most pictures I've seen show the board still attached to the main pcb.
correct thats what I meant, I havent seen anyone else from the GB use them with the fifo, i've only seen it still in the frame, but I thought I should post the warning, because it has the potential to be a real bummer if the dac is on at the time.

of course there has been all sorts of mad attempts to isolate from vibrations, this one probably does make a difference, its sometimes used for isolating clocks in instrumentation too.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:39 PM   #199
spm is offline spm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I snapped 3 O-rings just trying to gently stretch them to fit over the pegs. I gave up after that. The dental band idea seems good, or something more deformable...I was hoping to find silicone bands somewhere but haven't yet had the chance to look.
More important to me are the little SMD boards to mount the eg CCHD XOs. Any chance they're going to be available?
Old 26th April 2012, 03:25 AM   #200
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
Ian, I wold suggest including a slightly larger size rubber o-ring in the kits, I havent seen anyone else using them, but not only did I snap a couple installing them, but i've had 3 of them snap now, 2 happened fairly soon after installing them, but i've just had a 3rd happen after being fine overnight. its potentially dangerous, as I only noticed after close inspection that the band had snapped and the inertia from this moved the assembly so that one of the metal standoffs was placed in the middle of one of my ackodac's voltage regulators, had it been on, this would have caused a catastrophic failure.

the fifo/clock assembly was placed straddling this regulator on 20mm standoffs but with plenty of clearance, so it didnt move it just a little bit. the problem is that now ive taken it out of the frame I dont have any other way to mount it, so any suggestions are welcome, perhaps I will use string temporarily, dental rubber bands might do the trick.

i'm posting here just so that people are aware of this potential issue, as I said I havent seen anyone else using them yet
I noticed the O-ring problem. Just let me figure it out. I'll give some solution tomorrow.

Hide this!Advertise here!