• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Waiting list update June17,2012

1 JamesHill 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board 1*S/PDIF Interface Board
2 chansiukwing
3 lordvader 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
4 karvid 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
5 Blitz 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board S/PDIF Interface Board
6 daanve I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
7 Turbon I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
8 slartibartfasstI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
9 merlin2069er 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
10 roger57 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board, confirmed right justified 16/24 support
11 andrea_mori 2 * I2S FIFO KIT - 1 * S/PDIF Interface Board-4 * 6" (need support left-justified format for SM5842)
12 ryanj 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
13 Rupor54 I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
14 roenderI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
15 regalI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
16,17 PET-240I2S (FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board)*2
18 lwifI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
19 vd-twoI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
20 hochopeperI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
21 necplusultraI2S FIFO KIT -2* Dual XO Clock board
22 lllI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
23 NicMacI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
24 SPWONG I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
25 MisterRogers I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
26 Atom6422 1 x I2S FIFO KIT 1 x Dual XO Clock board 2 x 12” coaxial cable
27 hirez69 FIFO KIT, Dual XO Clock board, S/PDIF Interface Board,6 X SMT U.FL 4 X 6” and 2 X 4” double-ended U.FL cables (and 14 XO adapter PCBs)
28,29 elecon FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
30 Rosendorfer I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
31 zinsula S/PDIF Interface Board
32 analog_sa1 x I2S FIFO KIT 1 x Dual XO Clock board 3 x 4” coaxial cable
33 tjencks 1 x I2S FIFO KIT 1 x Dual XO Clock board 3 x 4”
34 mravinsky 1 x I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
35 neb001neb00135 neb0011x I2S FIFO KIT - Dual XO Clock board kit
36 ccliu I2S FIFO KIT x1 Dual XO Clock board x1 S/PDIF Interface Board x1
37 florianderton I2S FIFO KIT, Dual XO Clock board, S/PDIF Interface Board

Please let me know for any question.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Just want to know whether the daughter adapter board to interface FIFO with AD1865 be available.

I would like to use it with my Audio Note DAC which uses AD1865 in non-oversampling mode.

Thanks.

I ordered the daughter board PCB. But I don't think it can catch up with the GB II. I'm still not decieded if I could set up a GB for that I2S to PCM converter daughter board, beacuse I don't know how many people are interested in that.

Ian

I ordered the daughter board PCB. But I don't think it can catch up with the GB II. I'm still not decieded if I could set up a GB for that I2S to PCM converter daughter board, beacuse I don't know how many people are interested in that.

Ian

no one of the hundreds building NOS DAC's are going to click to open a thread with "asynchronous" in the title, they will associate the word with either upsampling or usb protocol.

Try a new thread "SPDIF-I2S FIFO Buffer with local clock for NOS DAC's".

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately I need to bow out of the next round.

I will continue to follow with interest and I'm looking forward to seeing some results from this and your other clock projects. I'm (not so) quietly hoping for maybe even a multichannel version of this project at some point :)

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

That's no problem. Thank you for interseting. Come back to me at any time you want.

Take care,

Ian

Good news and bad news

The good news is the PCBs arrived. The bad news is all of the small adapter PCBs, include the new designed universal SMT XO adapters and the BIII adapters, were missing from the box, ****!!!

I know you are looking forward to them, me too. All the big boards, the FIFO, the S/PDIF and the Dual XO board will be on schedule. But those small lovely adapters…… my supplier has already complained… the express company, but, who knows…if there is any chance finding them out…just cross my fingers. Or I have to re-order those adapters again, but it will take another 10 days.

I suspect the original box was broken for some reason, something was wrong at re-packaging. What I got the box is different from what original shipped. Those adapters are too small…..

I noticed somebody start losing their patient. That’s fine. I have promised the GBII for two months, I almost done, but still didn’t get everything ready so far. I couldn’t ask for people keeping their interesting and patient for that long time. I'm afraid I have to delay listing of the details, might be 10 days or more, because I can’t list any items which I didn’t test by myself. Although the finial deliver time should keep no change. Sorry about that. If anybody wants to quit now, I don’t have any problem.

Running a GB is not an easy job. Not only have to do all the jobs, but also need to take the risk. I don’t want any payment before I get things fully tested and ready for deliver. But I have to pay everything in advance, the BOM, the PCB, the production…with if ..making some money to support my R&D is still a question.

Just a bit upset about the missing PCB. Anyway, having chance sharing my project with you guys, the top audiophile DIYers in the world, is still my great pleasure.

Take care,

Ian

Last edited:
Hey Ian,

Am pretty sure no-one here will be to stressed, tis the nature of these things, you are keeping all informed so if I was you, do what you have to, I reckon it's better to go out tested and you are happy and confident than not be and worry.

Look forward to these, but still have much to do!

Have yourself a great day and many more thanks for all your efforts!

Cheers,

Drew.

Hey Ian,

Am pretty sure no-one here will be to stressed, tis the nature of these things, you are keeping all informed so if I was you, do what you have to, I reckon it's better to go out tested and you are happy and confident than not be and worry.

Look forward to these, but still have much to do!

Have yourself a great day and many more thanks for all your efforts!

Cheers,

Drew.

Hi Ian,
I am enjoying music here with your first batch FIFO GB. I have no word to describe how good it is, all I can say is, it worth the wait, great effort.
No worry, small problem like this will happen from time to time.
Thanks.

-coolhead

-coolhead

given you have kept everyone informed straight away, anyone posting impatiently will get virtual slap round the side of the head =)

Ian, sounds like this is starting to take its toll, nobody wants this to be uncomfortable..

Thank you my friends for your very kind words. I just duplicated the order for those adapter PCBs again 1 minute ago. I couldn't wait for their investigating result, usually it will take a week or more. Time is more important than money.

I never had problem with postoffice. But DHL, not for the first time.

I'm OK. Just trying my best making everything on time.

Have a good night.

Ian