• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Still pcbs available?
I need to reduce jitter from my CD player (S/PDIF) & Hiface USB or Musiland Monitor 0.3US (I2S mod) as players how can integrate for BIII+4 channel SPDIF input+Sidecar combo? Can support 24BIT/352.8kHz for Musiland Monitor 03.US (I2S mod)?

News?
How much pcbs have I to buy?
Have I to buy the clocks, wich frecuency?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thank you Jeremy, I read the thread and I know are fully populated boards also I read supports 24 bits / 192kHz, but the questions are:

-How much boards I need: 1 (I2S FIFO KIT), 2 (Dual XO Clock board) or 3 (S/PDIF Interface Board)
-How can integrate in my setup: BIII, S/PDIF-1 Input board + Sidecar + Hiface

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
I read again seems that I need 2 boards: 1 (I2S FIFO KIT), 2 (Dual XO Clock board). How can integrate in my system?

On the first post near the end of it, you have a couple files with connection diagrams. That should give you some hints.

Also, it depends on your setup... Source, DAC, etc...

Edit : I see you have a BIII... You would preferably need to use Ian's SPDIF module plus the main board. Please read about the dual clock on first thread. If you feed music using your PC through SPDIF / USB with different Fs you will need the dual clock board.

Selection guide
1.If you just stick with one Fs and do not change it often, for example, 44.1 KHz I2S from a CD player, then the I2S FIFO KIT is working for you without any problem. You don’t need other two boards.
2.If you Fs is changing album by album, for example, I2S from a USB, you will need the Dual XO Clock Board working together with the FIFO.
3.If you need including the S/PDIF input and output function, or you want to setup a S/PDIF FIFO, then the S/PDIF Interface Board would be your choice.

Ciao!
Do

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
On the first post near the end of it, you have a couple files with connection diagrams. That should give you some hints.

Also, it depends on your setup... Source, DAC, etc...

Edit : I see you have a BIII... You would preferably need to use Ian's SPDIF module plus the main board. Please read about the dual clock on first thread. If you feed music using your PC through SPDIF / USB with different Fs you will need the dual clock board.

Selection guide
1.If you just stick with one Fs and do not change it often, for example, 44.1 KHz I2S from a CD player, then the I2S FIFO KIT is working for you without any problem. You don’t need other two boards.
2.If you Fs is changing album by album, for example, I2S from a USB, you will need the Dual XO Clock Board working together with the FIFO.
3.If you need including the S/PDIF input and output function, or you want to setup a S/PDIF FIFO, then the S/PDIF Interface Board would be your choice.

Ciao!
Do

Thank you

I would recommend holding off till things settle a bit there as far as recommendations go for hi res. even 192 is not supported by default with sabre. supported yes, as standard? no not yet, i would wait till we've done some experimentation

Thanks for advice

and yes, i would not bother with sidecar, the spdif board is a better and better integrated solution if you are using fifo

But Ian spdif board can't switch several inputs as the TP S/PDIF-4 Input Board , Ian spdif board switches between DSD or PCM (I2S) and the 4 S/PDIF inputs?

Thank you
Thanks for advice
But Ian spdif board can't switch several inputs as the TP S/PDIF-4 Input Board , Ian spdif board switches between DSD or PCM (I2S) and the 4 S/PDIF inputs?

Thanks pinnocchio,
Thanks qusp,

Hi merlin el mago,
Sorry for late replying, My S/PDIF interface board is a standard s/pdif DIR/DIT board, it's has 3 s/pdif input, as well as output. This board output I2S, but DSD. No s/pdif board could transmit DSD so far.
Thanks,

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks pinnocchio,
Thanks qusp,

Hi merlin el mago,
Sorry for late replying, My S/PDIF interface board is a standard s/pdif DIR/DIT board, it's has 3 s/pdif input, as well as output. This board output I2S, but DSD. No s/pdif board could transmit DSD so far.
Thanks,

Hi Ian,
Thanks for explanation, I know that s/pdif can't transmit DSD because I bought a Twisted Pear Sidecar to switching PCM & DSD. As I understood your FIFO kit + Clocks kit can support 24 bits / 192kHz could you confirm? also please be so kind to let me know if I have to put FIFO & Cloks board between the Sidecar & BIII so I have jitter reduction for PCM & DSD?
Thanks, Felipe

All the left orders shipped today.

All the left boxs were shipped by regular air mail today via Canada Post. Sorry for the 1 day delay caused by the tracking number problem. And thank you for your kind understanding. All the tracker number fees were refund by Paypal, as well as the shipped notice. You will get the KIY within 2 weeks. Please let me know for any question.
Regrads,

Hi Ian,
Thanks for explanation, I know that s/pdif can't transmit DSD because I bought a Twisted Pear Sidecar to switching PCM & DSD. As I understood your FIFO kit + Clocks kit can support 24 bits / 192kHz could you confirm? also please be so kind to let me know if I have to put FIFO & Cloks board between the Sidecar & BIII so I have jitter reduction for PCM & DSD?
Thanks, Felipe

Hi Felipe,
I confirm FIFO + Dual clk can support 24bit/32bit 192Khz. The jitter rejection is up to the clock oscillators you are using on the clock board.
The Sidecar is just passive relay switches. I'm not sure if you need it. If you really want to use it, the FIFO and clock board should connected between the digital source and the sidecar. The FIFO is I2S FIFO, do not support DSD. To run the 9018 at sync mode is very attractive, but it would be a bit complicated on figuring out .
Regards,

Hi Ian,
If don't support DSD I think only need FIFO kit becauase hi rez will be connected at the Sidecar and FIFO will be used only for CD player, could you confirm?
Cheers,
Felipe

Hi Felipe,
If you only connected to I2S signal from a CD player, you just need the I2S fifo kit, you even don't need the dual clock board. However, you have to get a very good 11.2896MHZ low jitter clock to gain from the fifo.
Regards,

re canadapost:
I can ship insured to europe and track the package all the way to destination country (numbers work even it that EU country postal system!).
When I tried the same to Canada, I run in the same problems - no tracking unless pay double shipping.

Hi SoNic_real_one,
Yes, it's true. My understanding is Canada is a big country with less population. To run a post office, the cost is higher than the State.But I think there still some space to make improve. Any way, I have to put up with it,because I have no choice. :)
Have a good night