• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

@Drive Shaft Ian stated 12% discount because the 2% paypal fee normally charged when you order, is not being charged this time.

Yes, I noticed that but once I entered the discount code it was not reflected. Since, the original for GB2023 was always 10% I'm not going to haggle much about it since it was a last minute issue. It was a nice idea since PayPal is out of the loop now, but difficult to implement last minute.

I can look at it this way... I saved 1.9% on top of 10% by not using PayPal so technically it is a 12% discount. Yes, saving 1.9% on top of 12% would of been icing but at this stage late in the game I'm not going to worry about since up until at least December 15th, it was always 10%.

I can see why if PayPal is in the loop 12% would make more sense to offset the 2%, but since we are already saving 2% by not using PayPal, another 2% on top of the 2% extra savings is a bit much to expect.

Setting up a last minute e-commerce webstore cannot be easy especially when one should be enjoying the holidays, then having to decide on a last minute discount code policy...

EDIT: I re-read your post and I guess we came to the same conclusion. Technicially, it's 12% bundled.

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry for maybe spamming here, please, feel free to punish me and delete the message in that case :sneaky:.

I just want to say how happy I am that this GB has been started, my patience is rewarded finally. Placed an order yesterday, today it is already shipped, thank you so much, Ian and colleagues! :love:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hi folks,

It seems that most of people like the new webstore iancanada.ca.

But if there is anybody really have an issue with credit card payment, you can still use the old method by sending the order form to me at iancanada.mail@gmail.com
The order form can be download from my Github which is herer: https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload

The only thing is that the 1.9% sharing can not be eliminated when using the Paypal payment.

Ian

Reactions: 1 user
Please DO let me know if you didn't receive my diyAudio message and the GB discount code.

I'm working hard to make the packages delivered on time.

Ian

Ian, I didn't apply the discount code, I did not see any instruction on the link. Can it be reimbursed?
@triode4

Did you place an order at iancanada.ca and make the payment?
What's your number on the GB interesting list?
I can try to refund the discount in two weeks if you didn't apply.
Please send me an email at iancanada.mail@gmail.com then.

Ian

HeadSh0T,

Since the interesting list ended at #148, you would be #149.

I don't think you would need to list any items you have interest as the web store you can just "Add to Cart" thus bypassing the need to list items.

So I recommend initiating a "Start a new conversation" with iancanada. Give #149 as your "GB interesting list".

convo.png

Once Ian replies, you will receive a "discount code".

Afterwards, go to the web store, add items to cart, enter "discount code", enter payment details, then checkout.