• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

I tried this and technically it worked

Thanks DDDAC, that's a correct answer.

dear all,
for the SinePi implementation with FiFo-Pi, is it must to use Sine output based oscillator? may i know is it acceptable if oscillator is providing a square output ?

thanks

SinePi works for all clock input, both sine and square, both AC and DC. Amplitude range from 0.5V to 5V Vpp.

That makes the application pretty fixable.

Regards,
Ian

Package arrived today. Thanks Ian. First impression of the sine pie is the audio equivalent of putting on glasses that you didn’t even know you needed. Cymbals are more detailed, vocals more nuanced, the bass and overall pace both have more drive. A big thumbs up and an even bigger smile.

Thanks stephen1212b for the update. I'm really glad that you like my SinePi. It was carefully designed and that was what I was looking for.

Enjoy the music.

Regards,
Ian

Disabled Account
Joined 2020

Attachments

• man.png
    man.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 258
  • app.png
    app.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 264
Ian could you please confirm the block signal flow of the sine pi?

Is the relay pre, post squaring circuit or both?

Does the clock active pin 1 from clock position 1 activate the relay? I am hoping to find a way to manually select between two clocks of the same time base just for testing and comparison purposes.

I am temporarily driving a twisted pear chronus which wants the 44.1 k time base in position 1 and the 48 k time base in position 2. Everything working well with just one clock connected but I wanted to verify operation before connecting second time base, also wondering where in the signal path is the resister r2 that is removed to allow one sine and one square clock? Would removing this resister result in the squared sine outputting to one position and the local clock outputting to the second position?

@stephen1212b

Relay is before the squarer. The relay is driven by Pin1 of XO2 socket. So, only one frequency is select at a time.

"Would removing this resister result in the squared sine outputting to one position and the local clock outputting to the second position?"
Yes, In this case, sine output will go to XO2 socket, XO1 socket will be the local XO.

SinePi was designed to work with FifoPi or McDualXO logic, so I can not guarantee it works for other applications.

Regards,
Ian

Thanks DDDAC, that's a correct answer.

SinePi works for all clock input, both sine and square, both AC and DC. Amplitude range from 0.5V to 5V Vpp.

That makes the application pretty fixable.

Regards,
Ian

Thanks, Ian /DDDAC /Folks.

If there is an output option from the Oscillator vendor, is any preferrable output that best matches with SinePi (since SinePi is designed for Sine-to-square and is acceptable for both types of output).

Output option: Sine /Square
Amplitude around: 1.x

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Package received Ian thankyou.

If I were to feed the new 3v3 and 6v6 battery psus with AC, and assuming your on board rectifies and filters are better than 5v USB smps. What is an reasonable trafo VA rating assuming powering low draw loads such as clocks and fifo clean.
Thanks
Jim