• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Waiting list update June 12, 2012

1 JamesHill 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board 1*S/PDIF Interface Board
2 chansiukwing
3 lordvader 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
4 karvid 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
5 Blitz 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board S/PDIF Interface Board
6 daanve I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
7 Turbon I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
8 slartibartfasstI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
9 merlin2069er 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
10 roger57 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board, confirmed right justified 16/24 support
11 andrea_mori 2 * I2S FIFO KIT - 1 * S/PDIF Interface Board-4 * 6" (need support left-justified format for SM5842)
12 ryanj 1*I2S FIFO KIT 1*Dual XO Clock board
13 Rupor54 I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
14 roenderI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
15 regalI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
16,17 PET-240I2S (FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board)*2
18 lwifI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
19 vd-twoI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
20 hochopeperI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
21 necplusultraI2S FIFO KIT -2* Dual XO Clock board
22 lllI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
23 NicMacI2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
24 SPWONG I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
25 MisterRogers I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board
26 Atom6422 1 x I2S FIFO KIT 1 x Dual XO Clock board 2 x 12” coaxial cable
27 hirez69 FIFO KIT, Dual XO Clock board, S/PDIF Interface Board,6 X SMT U.FL 4 X 6” and 2 X 4” double-ended U.FL cables (and 14 XO adapter PCBs)
28,29 elecon FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
30 Rosendorfer I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
31 zinsula S/PDIF Interface Board
32 analog_sa1 x I2S FIFO KIT 1 x Dual XO Clock board 3 x 4” coaxial cable

33 tjencks 1 x I2S FIFO KIT 1 x Dual XO Clock board 3 x 4”
34 mravinsky 1 x I2S FIFO KIT -Dual XO Clock board -S/PDIF Interface Board
neb001neb00135 neb0011x I2S FIFO KIT - Dual XO Clock board kit
36 ccliu I2S FIFO KIT x1 Dual XO Clock board x1 S/PDIF Interface Board x1

Please let me know for any question.

Ian

GB II survey, eBay or excel order form

It took me a lot of time processing the orders when I did the GBI. Collecting informations from different source.....email, message, website....generate PO....send email....conform PO and shipping address....., and it's very easy making some mistake. So, I want to make some change for GB II. We have two options:

1, I list all the items on eBay, you go to eBay, pick up all item you want into a shopping cart, BuyItNow, and the PO and PayPal invoice will be generate automatically. You just need follow up eBay instructions;

2, I make an empty EXCEL form with listing all the items and price. I will sent the empty from to you by email to fill up with all your informations to make it become a PO, then sent it back to me. Making payment after I confirm the PO by email again.

If you are familiar with eBay, the first one would be easyer for both of us. or, you have to go the second one. Please let me know which way you prefer? or go eBay for those who have an eBay account and go second way for the rest?

Thanks

Ian

Last edited:
Ian, there is another option; you can make a google docs page, similar to your excel sheet, with column for each item, user name, number of each item etc and ask everyone to fill it in. people can make changes live and enter their own details. set a cutoff time, or keep the numbers updated. ebay is ok, but it adds fees and complication that would otherwise not be needed.

this method has been used successfully here for a number of GB's. i'm not sure if its secure enough to have actual email addresses listed too, you could follow up by forum message using the usernames, or there could be a code agreed on for the addresses to avoid bots/miners

Last edited:
Dropbox being another option for excel, as well as MS sky drive. In Dropbox you can have a Excel sheet, and in Sky Drive an online Excel similar to Google Docs which is kinda compatible to the desktop version for your further processing.

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
eBay would be fine

eBay would be fine

but did you consider to make a very simple "web shop " with the standard HTML from PayPal? I did that with my site and it works extremely easy for both parties. and at least no eBay fees :cool:

you can check how it looks at DDDAC 2000 look for the "sales" link

I would like to test your board as well, very interesting approach !

best regards,
Doede

Hi Ian,

I agree with regal. It would be much less work load for you if you take the same approach as Tea-bag has with the BiB pcbs- Make a simple spreadsheet and let the members do some of the work for you.

You could even write a simple formula in one of the columns to tally the total price for each individual. The total owing to you could then be paid to you via a PayPal account with the members diyaudio name and a list of the parts they ordered.

All your work on this project and GB is very much appreciated by all I'm sure, many thanks for all your great work.

Ryan

Last edited:
Hey Ian,

I'll third Teabgs method, i was involved in one of his GB' with the BIB, was easy an if a mistake was made it would be easily traceable who made it, not that there were any. Doede's isn't bad either just a bit harder.

that would be forth, or fifth, thats what I suggested on the last page, agreed there hasnt been any troubles in any of the gbs ive been involved with that use this method. people seem to self regulate quite well surprisingly. I didnt mention it as 'the teabag method' because i'm not sure he invented, maybe just popularized it lol

that would be forth, or fifth, thats what I suggested on the last page, agreed there hasnt been any troubles in any of the gbs ive been involved with that use this method. people seem to self regulate quite well surprisingly. I didnt mention it as 'the teabag method' because i'm not sure he invented, maybe just popularized it lol

History was written by those who have been victorious.

I concur with all of the above, this method has proven effective in the past for many others.