• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

I snapped 3 O-rings just trying to gently stretch them to fit over the pegs. I gave up after that. The dental band idea seems good, or something more deformable...I was hoping to find silicone bands somewhere but haven't yet had the chance to look.
More important to me are the little SMD boards to mount the eg CCHD XOs. Any chance they're going to be available?

Hi spm,

That's a good suggestion. I'll make more. Any one from GB will have one for free if didn't receive any.

Try the O-rings that are used for disc brakes or oil ram seals - PBR in Brisbane will have a whole wide selection including some thin, soft, but strong ones - other hydraulic repair people have these sort of things - also, can make your own out of old turntable belts, etc with some superglue - workd like a charm.

Possible O-ring solutions

correct thats what I meant, I havent seen anyone else from the GB use them with the fifo, i've only seen it still in the frame, but I thought I should post the warning, because it has the potential to be a real bummer if the dac is on at the time.

of course there has been all sorts of mad attempts to isolate from vibrations, this one probably does make a difference, its sometimes used for isolating clocks in instrumentation too.

Yes, I’ve noticed this o-ring problem. The one I’m using was originally for sealing valves, and it’s might be a bit smaller to hook up the clock board. So, it’s very easy get snapped by the sharp edges of the PCB.
To find out suitable ones, I’m thinking about the following solutions:

1, Try to find some rubber hoses originally for medical applications (my major J ), with similar or bit bigger section size than the current o-ring. For example, from a stethoscope, or from the rubber ribbon for a sphygmomanometer, or the rubber ribbon for intravenous injection. Usually medical grade comes with best material. Cut the sections by each 1.5-2mm. That should be perfect o-rings for clock board suspension.

2, Or, you may try the heat shrink tubes with suitable section size. I suspect you all have it. Hook up the clock board to the frame on the corners, than heat it with hot air or something else by a hot gun, a smt soldering station or even a soldering iron.

3, Or, like me, trying to find out another bit bigger o-ring for sealing the valves. Here in Canada, I can go to Homedepot, Rona or any store with plumbing stuffs.

You may have some better ideas finding out the o-rings. Good luck.

wow, how did you edit/repost so late haha? yes I thought of using heatshrink and I have just about every size known to man due to my work, I thought I may even try these ones one last time after buffing the edges with abrasive cloth to get rid of any burrs (like that used for buffing scratches out of aircraft cockpits) I have grades from 200-20000grit.

I think I may do this regardless of what I use for the ring, because I like you; figure its as much about the sharp edges.

see I would have used some from my sphygmomanometer, but I left it at the GF's place :D

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for running the GB a second time.

I understand you my be making some software revisions for the second run.

Is there any possibility of 32/384kHz support with this version?

I would like to future proof for use with my buffalo 2 DAC. Also I am considering tapping I2S from my Lin DS, which has internal up sampling to this speed.

Best Regards,

James.

It's the new perpetutal first post edit function being used for exactly what it was intended for! :)

Also good for project threads for posting links to the latest schematic (which is often difficult to find in a thread with thousands of posts) etc.

Tony.

hard day at work Tony? :p i'm aware of this function and thanked Jason for its activation on the day it was enabled, as I was starting the LPUHP GB thread and had been vocal about this need. I have put it to very good use; however we are not talking about the first post, but rather post #204. Perhaps it was edited directly after I read the post the first time and then when I came back the next day appeared to have been done much later.

hard day at work Tony? :p i'm aware of this function and thanked Jason for its activation on the day it was enabled, as I was starting the LPUHP GB thread and had been vocal about this need. I have put it to very good use; however we are not talking about the first post, but rather post #204. Perhaps it was edited directly after I read the post the first time and then when I came back the next day appeared to have been done much later.

Not just you mate, I think I even got an email update from the forum for the new post and when I read the older post had dissapeared and the one you refer to seemingly in its place with no edit timestamp and seemingly far more than the usual 30min edit window had lapsed. I just assumed ian's skills extended further than FIFO design and construct :D

aha so it wasnt my mind playing tricks, I thought it was a completely different post too, but I thought that was just too mad to be reality. I came into the thread, saw the first one, but didnt reply and then came back to see a different post and no edit stamp, so assumed either as you did that Ian has supernatural powers, or that he had contacted the mods to get the post changed to a more detailed one

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for running the GB a second time.

I understand you my be making some software revisions for the second run.

Is there any possibility of 32/384kHz support with this version?

I would like to future proof for use with my buffalo 2 DAC. Also I am considering tapping I2S from my Lin DS, which has internal up sampling to this speed.

Best Regards,

James.

Hi James,

Very good suggestion. My FIFO is supporting 32/384KHz now. But I just didn't public the setting document. I'll public it together with the upgraded docs for the second run. So, for sure, 32/384 will be included in the second run. I'm busy coding the verilogHDL of FIFO now. Hopefully I'll have some good news next week.

Have a good night.

Ian

Hi James,

Very good suggestion. My FIFO is supporting 32/384KHz now. But I just didn't public the setting document. I'll public it together with the upgraded docs for the second run. So, for sure, 32/384 will be included in the second run. I'm busy coding the verilogHDL of FIFO now. Hopefully I'll have some good news next week.

Have a good night.

Ian

Thanks Ian, Good News!

Could you upgrade my order request to include the S/PDIF Interface Board and 6* 6” double-ended 50 ohm coaxial cable as well?

Best Regards,

James.

Hi,

I am really interested in the second version if it allows to plug the ESS9018 in synchronous mode.
I am not interested in the 384khz sample rate but prefer to use for example the CCHD-957 to go for 192khz max.
So i am looking for the base kit with the dual clock board.

Thanks for the superb work.