• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SYMEF PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SYMEF Amp PCB's

I'm interested in the following PCB's for the SYMEF Amps:

Type 1 PCB: Output Transistors not under PCB <---- 4 PCB's
Type 2 PCB: Output Transistors under PCB <---- 4 PCB's
Type 3 PCB: TO3 <---------------------------------- 4 PCB's
Type 4 PCB: SMT <---------------------------------- 2 PCB's just to try working
with SMT

Take care.:D

The list

mrsavage-> Type1: 4, Type2: 4, Type3: 4
passive420-> Type1: 4, Type4: 4
evette->Type1: 6, Type2: 6, Type3: 6
Total-> Type1: 14, Type2: 10, Type3: 10, Type4: 4

We are approaching the numbers where the type1 might get printed first ;) . Am targeting $8 or $12 per 2oz PCB with the right numbers :D.

Last edited:
Hi Harrison,

Are you planning a Lateral Mosfet version of this amp? As much as I love the mid high and lower registry of the Symef I built, I somehow think it has its limitations on the upper registry and not faulting your design but mostly due to the limitation of bipolar devices in this area. Mosfets have a tiny bit less presence in lower registry but make it really good in the upper one.

Those are my observations after building many different amps. I read a bit about this after my findings and I'm not the only one who observed this phenomena. However, I must admin, the control you have on the lower registry is tremendously good.

Thanks
Do

Hi Pinnocchio,

Not yet ;). Thanks for your observations. We could examine the actual characteristics of that upper registry in the SYMEF thread. The findings might be interesting.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Hi Harrison,

Are you planning a Lateral Mosfet version of this amp? As much as I love the mid high and lower registry of the Symef I built, I somehow think it has its limitations on the upper registry and not faulting your design but mostly due to the limitation of bipolar devices in this area. Mosfets have a tiny bit less presence in lower registry but make it really good in the upper one.

Those are my observations after building many different amps. I read a bit about this after my findings and I'm not the only one who observed this phenomena. However, I must admin, the control you have on the lower registry is tremendously good.

Thanks
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.