• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas SSHV2 regulator

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You should use high power very well sinked Mosfets, not the standard ones. Rather the IRF640 & 9640 variety. Thermally inefficient especially on the CCS Mosfet that will have to run the Ih current plus some margin across a minimal 7V in-out drop.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I also have the following for .50 USD each shipped, one per board allowed if you guys are interested in them. People who previously paid, let me know if your interested.
I have not used it personally, other than using a mass of them to tune a speaker cross over.

.33uf GE cap

If you want them, put it in the paypal notes. Thanks.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Rick, I don't feel confident enough using the calculators to give totally reasonable advice,
but 300v @ .035A gives 10.5Watts. So assuming a bunch of thermodynamics I never took in college, I would guess something that can shed 15 watts or more.

Volts Watts Amps Converter Tool Calculator

The heatsink calculators I have not figured out yet - but it would be nice to include some calculations in a revised build guide, or in Post 1 for example (which I can edit)

I often use CPU heatsinks from Surplus dead servers, and if it requires more than that, I use the Arctic Thermal epoxy to bind them together.