Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2012, 06:38 AM   #221
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashaw View Post
What bugs are these? Please check that digikey order before ordering as there are components there to rectify the error since discussed.

And I DID allert you, on this thread, within 1 hour of making that order.(post 187 on this thread)
Yes you did alert me - but AFTER placing the order. So no way for me to decide shipping address and including a phone number.

You do not multiply the number of spares kits with the number of parts.
Result: 24 mosfets and 36 smd caps are missing to make up the 12 spares kits.
I can't understand why people would need spares of all these TO-220 voltage regulators and mosfets as they are difficult to loose or mess up when soldering. But that is another story.

I have to brake up the import taxes to the individual subscribers based on what they will receive in terms of parts. Is column K (total due) the right place to find the value?

Cheers,

Nic
Old 7th November 2012, 07:12 AM   #222
ashaw is offline ashaw  Australia
diyAudio Member

Um, that was intentional, a spares kit contains ONE(1) of each of the mosfets and ONE(1) of the SMD caps, and so this is not an error, but the contents of a spares kit. That number is the number of components in a parts kit.

Also the contents of these kits was fixed when kits were paid for. No-one seemed to want change then.

About the shipping, in order to make the order they required me to ship to the same address in order to get the order through, I had talked to them on the phone. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I did ask for you to send me your phone number.

And yes Collumn K on the first sheet is correct.

Last edited by ashaw; 7th November 2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:34 AM   #223
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Nicmac,
Email sent.
Old 13th November 2012, 10:06 PM   #224
diyAudio Member

Is the below the correct way of placing the SMDled on the silkscreen of the protection PCB? I know the long green line is at the anode end of the LED, but I have not seen this silkscreen labeling before.

Thanks,

Nic
Attached Images
File Type: png SMDled.png (8.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 14th November 2012, 08:42 AM   #225
JBdV is offline JBdV  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Maybe someone can place hires pics here of a completely assembled and tested protection PCB?
I also want to build this board at short notice. I will not be soldering it but I will use the professional setup of one of my suppliers, so I will put solder paste on one side of the board, after that I will place all components and the board will go through the oven afterwards. So I need to be sure about placement of all parts 100% before I start.
Old 14th November 2012, 09:10 AM   #226
diyAudio Member

A high-rez photo of a finished board will not help you much for the SMD LEDs as these are only marked on the bottom side
I also have to decide how to put in the bi-colour through-hole LED....

The rest of the placings are quite unequivocal. I was considering to get myself a hot-air rework station for this job, but in the end I did it with my normal iron - not to difficult.

My biggest concern is how I will test the correct functionality when done
Unfortunately no build thread for this part AFAIK.

the protection kits for the EU GB members are with heinz1 now and will be ready to ship as soon as we have determined the postage costs. If people pay promptly I would say that we should have it out by the beginning of next week.

I will later today put the updated GB sheet back in my signature.

Cheers,

Nic
Old 14th November 2012, 09:54 AM   #227
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Alexis has tested all the functionalities in his proto build.
So I'll let him describe the test procedure, since the PCB is also his work.

Patrick
Old 14th November 2012, 09:57 AM   #228
ashaw is offline ashaw  Australia
diyAudio Member

For the SMD LEDs it does not matter as they are matched in paralell with polarities reversed. Just so long as you are consistant.

I would suggest that you not solder the led untill you have the board mounted it to the front pannel do that you may judge the correct height.

I will check my board in the morning and send both a high resolution photograph and the correct led placement.
Old 15th November 2012, 09:56 PM   #229
diyAudio Member

Default The EU protection GB is ready for shipment!

see my signature......
Old 15th November 2012, 09:57 PM   #230
diyAudio Member

What is the recommended spacer length between the speaker protection PCB and the front panel?

Cheers,

Nic

Hide this!Advertise here!