Potential group buy for F5X components - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2012, 05:05 PM   #121
ashaw is offline ashaw  Australia
diyAudio Member

Yes this is the cut tape (cut as it comes off a real that often contains 5000 components or so). I am not going to remove the components from this tape.

The main thing is that you will be getting over 40 of these tapes and you have to be able to recognize which is which at a glance, which is not easy as the capacitors are unmarked and the resistors and ICs have markings that are not at all easy to read.

The idea here is to adhere the cut tapes to a carrier that contains larger identifying markings in order to make it easier to deduce the differences between components, For some components this is optional, but for others it actually is a maditory thing, as there is no way for you to find out what part you are using.
Old 29th April 2012, 07:14 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

Alexis,

Just to know, around when do you plan to ship components ?

D.
Old 29th April 2012, 07:19 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

I hope to ship to distributors in 2-3 weeks, however that will depend on when the parts get here to me, there was one part that was out of stock, and as such might take a little longer to get here, I do not know when it will arrive and as such it will probably set the ship date. also one of the mroe expensive parts, and as such to give you the prices I did, I had to basically have little pricing margin, so I could not afford annother distributor as this was the cheapest one.

Regards
Old 29th April 2012, 07:44 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

Thanks,

D.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:56 AM   #125
JBdV is offline JBdV  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I am wondering how the GB for parts for the F5X amplifier PCB's and Protection PCB's is getting along .....
I don't want to push anybody, I can wait, however I just like to be informed of the latest status

Jan
Old 16th June 2012, 09:59 AM   #126
diyAudio Member

I am very sorry about the delay, I am waiting on a specific high value capacitor which was out of stock. I have heard they are in the mail to me. I have kits ready to ship apart from it. when that part arrives then I will ship to distributors, they will then add a few of the larger parts to the kits and ship locally.

Again, sorry for the delay, I bought from well respected distributors but I also was trying to get you guys the best price.
Old 16th June 2012, 12:35 PM   #127
JBdV is offline JBdV  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update, really no need to apologize,

Jan
Old 17th June 2012, 02:28 PM   #128
Horio is offline Horio  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update ashaw. Like Jan said, there is no need to apologize. This is a large group buy, and we all know that these things take time. Plus it sounds like we are getting close.
Old 25th July 2012, 02:38 PM   #129
Horio is offline Horio  United States
diyAudio Member

Any new updates Ashaw? Still waiting on a couple of back ordered parts?

Greg
Old 28th July 2012, 09:37 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

Sorry about the delay, I have got the last of the parts that will be shipped to me, I am in the process of putting them into bags.

If those who will be distributing can shoot me a line. I have to have some components drop-shipped to you

I am sorry for the quiet, my computer broke about 1 month ago and I have not had much computer access since then.

Hide this!Advertise here!