• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential group buy for F5X components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
samoloko, that's mainly 20% VAT NicMac had to pay plus the shipping expenses from Italy to Germany:

The standard VAT rate for importing items into Italy is 20%, with certain products, for example books, newspapers and magazines, attracting VAT at the super-reduced rate of 4%. VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.

Import duty & taxes when importing into Italy - DutyCalculator Help Center

This is what I have had to pay personally to get the shipments from ashaw/digikey through customs in italy. Show me where ashaw collected payment for shipping taxes, and he will have to reimburse you.
These expenses are not his responsibility, but ours as receivers on another continent.

I understand very well that there are Importing taxes
what I don't understand Is why taxes are half the value of ordered parts

Please correct me If I am wrong

1) ashaw had pre-collected all members payment
2) after that he had ordered and received parts
3) he had shipped all parts to NicMac
4) NicMac takes parcel from customs and pays 3 time taxes - sum of which Is very high - that Is what I can not understand - usually you have to pay 1 time not 3 time
are you sure that that exclude Mosfet taxes

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I understand very well that there are Importing taxes
what I don't understand Is why taxes are half the value of ordered parts

Please correct me If I am wrong

1) ashaw had pre-collected all members payment
2) after that he had ordered and received parts
3) he had shipped all parts to NicMac
4) NicMac takes parcel from customs and pays 3 time taxes - sum of which Is very high - that Is what I can not understand - usually you have to pay 1 time not 3 time
are you sure that that exclude Mosfet taxes

Yes - you are wrong.

1. There were 3 parcels from ashaw. One by DHL from ashaw directly and two from DigiKey.
2. Nothing has been taxed more than once.
3. This has nothing to do with the MOSFETs. The only thing in common with the MOSFETs GB is the spread sheet. Also, because of the kind help of a fellow DIY'er we did not have to pay import taxes on the MOSFETs.
4. The total taxation on the three parcels were 23.11%, 22.30% and 22.09%, respectively. This is unfortunately normal here, but certainly not the 50% you claim. There is a discrepancy between the value of the goods I have been taxed for (Total: 2416 USD) and the value shown in "column K" (1638 USD) leading me to think that ashaw also must have lost quite a bit of money on this GB.

Anything else you want to know?

Ashaw lost over 800 AUS dollar on this GB, as far as I know.
And this is for a student with no income a lot of money.
He is too shy too ask you guys to top it up.
But I hope you will all do something, voluntary.

There are people here who do a lot of work for others, and lose money at the same time.
They deserve some gratitude, to say the least.

Patrick

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks to the careful counting and checking of heinz1 we have discovered that I have messed up the distribution of the "small parts" part of ashaw protection GB:eek:

We have shipped these parts to some users who did not order or pay for these components (AndrewT, CeeVee and daanve), and others (me and heinz1, but likely others) have not received what they ordered and paid for.

As this is clearly my fault I will cover cost of the additional postings that will have to be done to fix the situation. I just ask your help in solving the issue by checking what you got from us.

The components that you may have received by error, or in wrong numbers, are those listed below. These are some of the direct ship components that I distributed to the different packages. All of these components (with exception of the BAW76 diodes) were outside of ashaw's large flat anti-static bag containing the SMD parts.

If you ordered the "small parts" in the GB you should have the following (per channel) in the components you got from us. If you have exactly what is listed below you only got what is needed for one channel.

4 off 1000uF 35V electrolytic P10305-ND (radial eletrolytic)
4 off 200V 20A rectifier 497-5276-5-ND (TO-220)
10 of 4pos terminal block 609-3929-ND
1 of 3pos header WM2701-ND
1 of Relay Z2607-ND
2 of BAW76 diode (small axial component fixed by brown transparent tape and added to ashaw's large flat anti static bag)

Please check what you have of these components and let us know. For AndrewT, CeeVee and daanve I hope you will be willing to send the extra components you received back to us or to another recipient who got to few.
I will of course cover expenses. I will let you know as soon as we have a full understanding of the situation.

I am terribly sorry for this.

P.S. There was an error in the BOM with respect to the number 200V 20A rectifiers and everybody who have ordered "small kits" will only have half of what they need of these. This is not the mistake of ashaw or myself and I don't really know how to solve this issue.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Nic,

Now I'm confused, I had payed ashaw now i paid you some extra and now i have to send components back.

I'm glad to put things right of course but just what should i get and how much does it cost is what i no longer know.

Please could you sum up what my order should be and the total cost.

all the best,

Carlos

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Carlos,

I'm so sorry. I never wanted to do this distribution and now I have even messed it up:(

You paid ashaw for 2 protection kits see here. No "spares" and no "small parts" kits.
All these components were directed to me, in 4 shipments, and I packed it up without having a complete comprehension of the ashaws spreadsheet.
You have paid me for import taxes according to what you paid ashaw originally and for the posting to you. All correct for payments.
Unfortunately, I have by mistake added also a "small parts" kit to the shipment to you and I am now simply asking your kind help in fixing this mistake. As the posting to you might have cost a bit less without these components I will verify if I have surcharged you and refund if this is the case.

I am really sorry about this, particularly having to ask you to return or redirect these components.

Cheers,

Nic

I will buy an extra components sent in error.
If you need some, or all, of these components sent on to another customer I can do that as an alternative.

Find out who is short and whether there is stock.
Then contact those with extras to see the cheapest way to solve the shortfall, if any.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Carlos,

I'm so sorry. I never wanted to do this distribution and now I have even messed it up:(

You paid ashaw for 2 protection kits see here. No "spares" and no "small parts" kits.
All these components were directed to me, in 4 shipments, and I packed it up without having a complete comprehension of the ashaws spreadsheet.
You have paid me for import taxes according to what you paid ashaw originally and for the posting to you. All correct for payments.
Unfortunately, I have by mistake added also a "small parts" kit to the shipment to you and I am now simply asking your kind help in fixing this mistake. As the posting to you might have cost a bit less without these components I will verify if I have surcharged you and refund if this is the case.

I am really sorry about this, particularly having to ask you to return or redirect these components.

Cheers,

Nic

Not a problem Nic these things just don't happen to those who do nothing.

I'll put things right and mail these extras to the Address i asked for in PM.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
vitalica,

I think you received the MOSFETs that shipped from heinz1.

Did you pay ashaw directly for the protection kits on the 28/10 this year?
There were no kits for you in the material ashaw send me so I would assume that he will be distributing directly to you (from Australia).

Cheers,

Nic

Excellent idea! Why don't you do it? You have the same information as the rest of us.

I am In no way clear what Is that GB about - It Is not pointed to a schematic
I was misled with the fuzz around F5X
that GB was unbelievieble costly with uncountable packages coming from pear to pear between continents - great management
and In the end I got not all parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.