• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential group buy for F5X components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are a few good liquid fluxes. However I would say look into any no-clean water soluble flux. The stuff I am presently using is made locally though. Electrolube makes some nice flux.

Good braid is usefull yes. The main thing to ensure is that the braid is flux impregnated.

Make sure that you have solder wire with a thickness that is less than 0.5 mm in diamiter this is verry important. You will also need a good pair of pointy tweezers and either a hoof, well or chissel tip of size approx 1.6mm.

You also must have a temperature con trolled soldering iron.

A hot-air rework tool is allmost essential for SMD chip removal. (there are some specialized tips that work however these actually cost more than a chineese variant tool). These can be picked up quite cheeply on eBay. The cheep Chinese models work well enough, and will set you back about $50.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
ashaw,

I am trying to deconvolute your GB.

In your spread sheet (in field D40 first page) you calculate the number of "Small parts for 1 channel" to direct ship. The result is 16. Why is samoloko excluded from this calculation? He does not need these parts?

I have checked the content of the direct shipment and it is as ordered except for the 1000uf/35V caps where only 50 out of the 64 are in there. You should complain with DigiKey.

I got your second shipment this morning after paying 297,12 euro in import taxes. Unlike the first shipment this one was send to my home address (without me knowing so) so I lost half a day of work to pick it up. In the future please communicate before shipping anything to me.

Should I expect also a third "small package of diodes" parcel?

Cheers,

Nic

I have talked to digikey and they have given me a credit on the value of those capacitors. Another order was then placed for the capacitors and the additional parts that were missed for samoloko. This order was placed to the address that the original parts were shipped to. The order value for that order is $88.90.

There will be another shipment of small diodes, they arrived here today and will ship most likely tomorrow. Also I will ship the parts of alazira, who got left off my spreadsheet for some reason (he was a part of the preliminary order for the F5X protection kit).

Regards.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ok. I should be getting mailing labels from smyslow and with the rest of the pieces coming in I hope we might conclude everything late next week if everything goes smoothly.

I will launch the MOSFET GB later today so also this part will be concluded for those interested. I will have to look into the convenience of co-distribution as the MOSFETs are in Germany and the rest in Italy.

Well that is embarassing. I have both 10k and 100k resistors on my purchase order forms. So I did have both on my cards. Can you check that you have the right number of 100k resistors?

The correct part marking for 10k is 103 could everyone who has packages please check if their 10k is marked as such.

Can the distributors please take a photo of one of the resistor pages and email that to me at alexis@alexisshaw.com I should be able to check values here. Anyone who has this mistake and needs me to send them parts will have me do so for no additional cost, though shipping may be by regular mail.

Also please note that only 2 of the 10k resistors are value critical all the others will work with 100k. I will elaborate if this is a problem.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.