• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential group buy for F5X components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
It is also more fun to upgrade and compare, step by step.

Don't you think ?

Unless you want to take over the test for the regulator.
Then I can arrange a set to be made and shipped to you.

P.
I'm just stupid enough to think it must be better with the regulator as this is included for the Batch 2 F5X subscribers.
You usually don't do anything without a good reason;)

I am very sorry for the delay, All of the delay.
This group buy has been difficult for me to manage,
There were 46 line items to purchase, and these had to come from 5 different vendors to get the best price. Further there have been several shipping errors and parts not coming.
This was the cause of the first sets of delays. When I made the post in August I thought all the parts had come, however I realized as I was packing the kits into kits that there was a mistake in the spreadsheet that I had been ordering from. the formula to calculate the total number of each kits of each of the three different types had not been updated for some of the latecomers to the GB. I had surplus of most parts in order to make price breaks (lower cost to you) for some parts there were not enough.

Further as there was time between the time that the prices were set and the time that things were ordered, some of the high value parts from Digikey were significantly more expensive than when I quoted them, combined with a non-ideal currency conversion, I did not have enough funds from the GB funds to make this right immediately.

I am happy to cover this out of my personal finances (and am able to). However due to a peculiarity of the way that I derive my income, I was in august not immediately able to correct the mistake. The orders to do so were placed with digikey, element14 and mouser over the last 4 days, and have all been made. They should arrive early next week. At that point all the packages that are to come from me will be sent out in one go. For those of you in Europe and the USA they will be shipped to your local distributors. If you really need your packages I can ship directly however as most of you are still waiting on the MOSFET GB, I expect there will be few. those that are please email me, and I will ship directly with those for people in the Asia-Pacific.

There is still an outstanding problem that will present its self. There is still a direct ship order to the EU and USA that must be made. Due to the reasons noted above there is no money available from GB funds to make that order. I will cover that amount (as that was my error in not putting a buffer for price shifts), however the USA will have to wait 2 weeks, and Europe 4, for funds to be available. Further there are not enough of the 4 pin headers that were specified by EUVL at digikey to satisfy either the USA or Europe order, so I will have to either, order from mouser for 2 times the cost, or order from digikey and suffer a wait of I do not know how long. (there is another vendoe Arrow, which has stock in the USA, however I have never ordered from them, and they are mainly only interested in the large manufacturing market. I do not know if I can order from them. If I can, I will and that should solve part of the problem)

So in short. There have been problems and delays. I have almost all of the parts. The bulk of the line items are in kits. If you really need them now talk to me and I will ship them to you directly to you in very short order. Otherwise I will be shipping my stock to everyone early next week, but there might be a delay at the distributor for some parts.

My deepest and most sincere apologies and many thanks for your patience.
If you have any further questions please let me know.

Alexis Shaw

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Alexis,

Good to hear from you. Let me see if I got it right:

1) early next week you are going to ship the kits to the european (to me makes most sense if that will be heinz1) and the north american distributor

2) only missing items are some 4 pin headers and a EU/USA direct ship order

I may take on the EU direct ship order, to buffer your 4 week lack of funds, and will also try to locate the 4 pin headers. Maybe a USA GB member could do something similar.

Please post what exactly is the direct ship order and number/code of the missing 4 pin headers.

Cheers,

Nic

P.S. The MOSFET GB is an independent story. Not everybody are waiting for MOSFETs, some may loose interest when they hear the price, and nobody has yet paid a penny.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Correct on 1.

Correct on 2, however these were to direct ship too. The problem on the headers is they are not available in enough stock on digikey.

The part nos and qtys are available online on the spreadsheet earlier on this thread and again here: Spreadsheet on the direct ship sheet.

Could you please indicate in the spreadsheet what is the exact part nos and qtys which need to be ordered in the EU and USA direct ship orders. This is not clear from the sheet.

If I just sum up the items listed in the EU column I arrive at a total exceeding 600 euro (+VAT) which obviously cannot be true:eek:

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.