• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential group buy for F5X components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am sorry for the late reply, I will respond as well as I can.

Re post#232, I will have to get back to you asa I check the schamatic, however I think so too.
Re post #260. This GB is for exactly what was billed in the begining. The components for the protection board for the F5X case released by XEN audio. And a collection of small items for the F5X its self (those that were not included in any other GB and were small enough to ship without significant cost changed.

The group buy was mismanaged, however this was only visible in an increased delay. I have not passed on to you any of the increased costs due to the GB, and these were substantial. Costing me well in excess of 700AUD all well and done. Even if you were to pay this increased cost there would have been a significant discount to the price if you were to buy in the USA. I collected parts from nearly 3 different suppliers here. and had the parts sent to the EU in the way that cost the least postage. I am sorry if there were more EU taxes than were expected, (I did end up overestimating the cost of EU parts by $200 in the declaration, this is my fault and if you decide you reeeealy want the $50 back I will refund it to you). Just packaging the parts on my end took in excess of 20 hours. I went over budget with the packaging supplies which I did not include in the above estimate of my losses. Just so you know, that paper in the kit was special cleanroom paper. the orange tape on the BAW-76s was kapton tape, the Tape holding the parts down special ESD paper. And the packaging was all done at an ESD workstation in a cleanroom.

I am a student and live only on a small government stipend and a scholarship that covers my basic living expenses. I took on the GB as a gesture of good will and thanks to the people here and I am sorry that this dragged out.

Regards
Alexis Shaw

For your efforts I thank you, Alexis.

For those who think this is badly managed, you can try to do this once yourself, and then you know what it means.
Many of us, the XEN people including, did not do this for financial gain.
And they all put in hundreds of hours and never get anything in return.
I think at least they deserve a Thank You.

Perhaps you would be much better served by a commercial dealer at Ebay.
So why not buy a complete kit from them ?
One press of a button, gets everything, no hassle.
All very professionally done. And everyone is happy, us including.

Patrick

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The major problem with this GB has been slow and poor communication.
Alexis has clearly put in a large effort, which should be evident to everybody who has received their "bag of components".

I have contributed to complicating the distribution in the EU, but have with the kind help and time of heinz1, CeeVee, daanve been able to fix this.

I think it is time to move on. I have personally donated some AUD to ashaw to help him cover the financial deficit he has suffered. If anybody should want to follow my example I have calculated a suggested sum in the MOSFET GB spreadsheet. Everybody are off course free to choose if they want to contribute or not.

I expect that ashaw will in the future help us to get functional protections boards build and tested. We will need his help and I certainly expect him to actively and promptly contribute.

Cheers,

Nic

P.S. ashaw, please let me know what I should do with the two MOSFET-sets I have reserved for you. I have my own deficit to worry about and I will put the up for sales if you are not taking them.

I understand that Alexis has problems...
But I paid directly to him on 18 October 150 euros for 2 kits.
He said immediately send, but not send.
On December 18 announced that send but ... nothing.
I asked again but ... no answer!
Can someone please ask him for my protection kit?
I do not understand his silence...

Last edited:
For your efforts I thank you, Alexis.

For those who think this is badly managed, you can try to do this once yourself, and then you know what it means.
Many of us, the XEN people including, did not do this for financial gain.
And they all put in hundreds of hours and never get anything in return.
I think at least they deserve a Thank You.

Perhaps you would be much better served by a commercial dealer at Ebay.
So why not buy a complete kit from them ?
One press of a button, gets everything, no hassle.
All very professionally done. And everyone is happy, us including.

Patrick

what Is your relation to this GB

I just thought I would explain what happened with vitalica. He bought his kits after the main batch had been posted. Most of his money went to getting the few parts that I had run out of. Plus some more of the main LEDs (Expensive LEDs and very expensive shipping from that company, but no-one else sells them). I only made like $2 from his transaction after I removed the cost of the parts I had on hand. He was accounted for when I said i had lost > $700. He and one person I missed from the first batch were all the parts and now everyone's kit has gone into the mail. That should be the end of things to do with this GB on my end. I look forward to providing more useful directions in regards to putting together these kits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.