Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2012, 08:43 AM   #31
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

i already stated in the first page that it should be limited to those in the current GB, but it seems Tommy did not read this.....

I want this GB to be simple for everyone, Mark is already doing us a favor by doing the sinks, i do not think its fair to ask him to make them for people who do not even have the pcb. i do not want to end up with people ordering parts just because the price is good, IMO its for the GB members. we do not intend to make money on this, its intended for us to band together to get good pricing without becoming too large of an effort for anyone; especially Hypertune because he runs a professional business with this equipment that would normally be charged out at quite a significant sum i imagine.

while the number of members involved is reasonably low as it is now its much more manageable to do on a volunteer basis, end up with 100 people wanting sinks or chassis and Marks business is tied up for a week making nothing

sorry tommy, i'll go edit the first post now.

Last edited by qusp; 15th January 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 15th January 2012, 08:55 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
@qusp, is it worth getting a list of who's in for pcb from opc and putting that in the first post?
good idea

Custom CNC Alloy Heatsinks, kindly machined by Hypertune

qusp 4
hochopeper 2
opc 6
bcg27 2
1543 2
_______
total 16
Old 15th January 2012, 01:13 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

I was having a look around tonight for extruded alu enclosures. The style I am thinking about tonight was something along the lines of -

14-1004 Enclosure for 200mm X 105mm PCB

or

Hammond Mfg. - Extruded Aluminum Enclosures (Sink Box Series)

If a sealed enclosure like this was used how much ventilation should I be looking to add given I'll have ambient temps around 35-40 deg Celsius

What are others thoughts?
Old 15th January 2012, 01:31 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

not thinking about it at all until HYPERTUNE gets back to us. i would much rather knock the enclosure and heatsink over in one component.
Old 15th January 2012, 01:43 PM   #35
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Here's a list of all active participants who got boards:

1543 2
badabing 2
bcg27 2
Ed LaFontaine 2
enantra 2
exa065 4
hochopeper 2
HYPERTUNE 2
jacobthellamer 2
jazzm 2
maravedis 4
neb001 4
particleman14 2
qusp 2
randytsuch 2
regal 2
sharpi31 2
Wirewiggler 2
Wolfsin 2

I've also attached an excel list with totals. I'll post this up in the main thread as well and send out payment requests this afternoon.

Cheers,
Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LPUHP AMP - PCB GB.pdf (24.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 15th January 2012, 01:47 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Perfect, thanks mate i'll put it in the first post now
Old 15th January 2012, 03:21 PM   #37
neb001 is offline neb001  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in 4 heatsinks along with the chassis. Thanks for taking the time to organize this!

qusp 4
hochopeper 2
opc 6
bcg27 2
1543 2
Neb001 4
_______
total 20
Old 15th January 2012, 06:18 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTUNE View Post
qusp:
I could make the fins a wave shape for example.
perfect! thats all i meant, just using that other dimension that is simply not available to extrusions to make it look a bit trick and if it improves dissipation too, thats all well and good

Quote:
Regarding a chassis, I did have a bit of a crazy idea of machining aluminium blocks to replace the heatsinks on the regs and buffers. These blocks would then be screwed to a finned billet chassis. This is probably overkill but maybe an amp with this level of performance deserves a nice thick walled custom chassis? It's small enough that a billet chassis would not be too out of the question cost wise I think.
even better!, a man after my own heart. we would have to try and reach some sort of consensus on input and output connectors, as well as how they will switch on. as mentioned i can get nice pricing on all the Eichmann gear, they dont have XLR, but i'll probably be using lemo anyway, in fact to match the rest of my kit i'll probably use lemos and maybe XLR for input, with speakon and the ETI posts for output

Quote:
I'll draw something up on Monday and post a pic in the main thread.
nice one

Quote:
Edit : qusp, it's no problem to get other colours done, but my anodiser charges $50 minimum. So basically for $50 you could get 1 done or probably 20.
well i'm sure there'll be enough of us, if not all of us that would be keen on getting the sink or chassis anodised to make it worthwhile. However I might have to settle on a slightly tamer colour than Blue =) olive/army green might look pretty sweet? not bright, or just gunmetal grey

@Ed: yeah his wire is great, i have heaps of it i use for prototyping as its cheap, pretty excellent and comes in multiple colours. i'll probably be using neotech solid core copper though for input and output; considering how short and few those connections will probably be, it wont cost much at all

Last edited by qusp; 15th January 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 15th January 2012, 06:37 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

so i guess now's as good a time as any to start the lme49600 (OK OK) and LME49990 list

dont know the costs, but you can guarantee that it'll be cheaper than buying yourself. i'm going to suggest making the standard order 20 pieces of buffer and 8-10 of the opamp, does anyone object to this?

i'll be buying more, as i use these guys all the time, they make for excellent high speed wideband regulators too. (ask me how or look up the lme49600 datasheet for where i stole the initial idea from)

so this isnt a final commitment of course but just to start getting ideas of numbers

Audio IC's

LME49600

qusp 40

LME49990

qusp 20
Old 15th January 2012, 08:25 PM   #40
enantra is offline enantra  Spain
diyAudio Member

Iam interested in 2 heatsinks

qusp 4
hochopeper 2
opc 6