• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok guys, i've been umming and aahhing about making this post. as youve seen the kits are packed and ready, waiting for keratherm to be added and for final shipping arrangements to be worked out; ie. will I ship all in one lot to the USA for north america and its distributed from there, or should I send to each person individually? I think the former is the better idea, but you guys will have to make that decision and organize who thats going to be, so I can cost them up.

but the main thing that has kinda stopped me in my tracks the last few days is....

can you guess?....

Mark showed up!! well perhaps thats overstating things; he replied to an old pm from hochopeper on Wednesday, saying he was back from overseas and had been there for a couple of months; longer than planned apparently, so there was a plan...... and hes not dead!

he asked what was going on, hadnt had a chance to catch up on the threads and gb's, said he can do the sinks..much as i'm confused by this and hesitate to throw out my alternate plans that ive spent the last week or so doing, it has to be considered, obviously these sinks would be ideal for you guys, everything would be sent to me and he didnt want to be accepting payments or posting anything out

hochopeper replied saying its all done and pretty much ready for shipping, but he hasnt heard back and i'm yet to hear from him, I had hoped he would reply to one of the emails I sent before, but I guess he hasnt had a chance to catch up yet, so i'll follow up in the morning.

you guys really need to guide me here, because its not my decision and hardly effects me, apart from having the kits cluttering up my cupboard a bit longer

hochopeper and I planned to get the keratherm done yesterday or tomorrow and even arranged a time, but this threw a spanner in the works and tbh I didnt really want to say anything until I had something a bit more concrete.

its really up to you guys though, as mentioned, i'm not getting the sinks from hypertune. so the choices are, push ahead, see if hochopeper can come over and we'll get the k-red cut as planned earlier this week and forget about the sinks; or see how things pan out over the next week, he seemed to indicate that he was all set; ready to go before this trip, so once started I wouldnt think it would take long.

if you dont wait for them then you are ruling out the possibility of getting them, as he wont be sending them and I wont be doing an entirely separate shipment for them

thoughts?

Ed I believe hypertune will run one batch of these heatsinks only. Either you state interest in advance or you will not be included in the production run.

I haven't heard back from Mark since Wednesday this week, I guess he has a lot to catch up on with his business after being out of the country for an extended period. When he is back on board we'll discuss logistics and advise with more firm details once we have them.

This is the latest info I have on pricing for the heatsinks, follow the link to that post and there is a image of the design:

I've attached a pic of the heatsink I will be making for my amps.

Overall dimensions are the same as the heatsink shown on Owen's amp, but I have raised the height to match the other components on the board.

The dimensions of the cutout for the buffers is not final and will be updated when I hear from Owen.

Price for anyone interested would be $15 AUD + anodizing (about $2 I guess) Price is for a single heatsink.

The only caveat is that he qualified shortly after that post with this:

Price is per heatsink. Material cost will be close to $4, and the rest is machine time. No design or toolpath costs are added as I'll be doing it for myself regardless.

Which isn't exactly true any more since I believe he has decided to mount his LPUHP inside of a larger enclosure that will also house his Class AB amps. Price is one of the details that we'll try to clarify in the near future when qusp or myself hear back from hypertune.

ok guys, seems we got our hopes up a bit early. this is getting pretty frustrating, neither hochopeper or myself have heard anything back from hypertune since he contacted us to say all good. this is what happened last time too, we had just started finalizing plans for alternatives and he showed up, then fairly promptly vanished again. i'm going to try one more time tomorrow as well as ringing his company and then if we get no joy, hochopeper and I will just cut the keratherm as per the previously mentioned backup plan late in the week and ship after that.

so I guess we might be needing your help with that online metals order afterall Bill. pretty keen to get this stuff out of my office/workshop/mind

Ed you're making us look bad. So much time wasted hoping, waiting, wondering ...

I am still optimistic that hypertune's just tied up with work after returning from an extended overseas trip. With most things in life, the most simple explanation is the one to chose. Would be really nice to have word from him though so we can plan and so everyone waiting on parts can know what to expect ...

Last edited:
heads up

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/204516-box-small-heatsinks-sale-80-total.html

I am distributing heatsinks for jrenkin in the above referenced thread. I will be placing a deadline for expression of interest next weekend. Preference is given to those who already have done so in the thread. There are some who I have not heard from. This opens up the possibility that those sinks may become available to some who have yet to declare interest.

Check it out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.