• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No worries Bill, i'm sending through details in PM's now and to clarify due to some early confusion the price is per channel when i say 42/channel (or 40 if we can all agree on a input/gain setting) so for a stereo amp its $84AUD all up.

That includes PP fees, my CC fees, packing materials etc. also the pricing i mentioned of $58 for one channel (about 55 each for 2) if you bought normally (plus not included in that I added the extra resistors to cover every option and i'm throwing in a few extra of the fiddly 0805 size caps) thats also before your local tax if you are in the US as i wont pay that of course and that, plus shipping will be minimized.

once i know the weight of the heatsink and kit i'll crunch the numbers for individual shipping vs regional bulk shipping

Hey Bill, yeah when i went to send payment details i was confused at your post. i'm not organizing the actives as it was just too complicated for little gain as there isnt enough of us to get into the area where we get decent discounts and the much larger amount of money involved would have complicated import tax at both ends for everyone even those not getting them. I can add you for the passives though; youre lucky i'm in a happy mood lol it wont change anything and i'll just stay under the 1000aud mark which means still no import duty.

so i've received payments from 1543 and bcg27 and have heard from Ed and Randy, still a fair few to hear back from

$$$ for passives sent.

I have clarification from qusp and feel the same should be shared with North American participants. bcg27 & I have both expressed a willingness to distribute parts within the continent which could be shipped en mass from Australia. I feel the point which needs to be made is that the costs for postage within the NA continent are not accounted for. A nominal fee should be anticipated.

It will help the process if NA recipients will speak up with their preferences.

got your payment thanks Ed, i've updated the front page. thanks for handling that. good idea, if you can decide on a preference for the type of shipping (and you should probably agree on the method for the bulk from AU once details of size and weight are known) then it will be straight forward to work out pricing once we know how much an average package will weigh.

ok well just about everyone has come through already, with only jacobthellamer and maravedis left. thanks guys for the quick payment, after the first 24hrs I was beginning to worry a little. i'll send those 2 a follow up just to be sure.

first page updated again to reflect the current state

hey guys, well i guess I better work out the keratherm costs, because i just heard back from Richard at sumR so we have to get the coin ready for that. so we have to work out who is going to receive the package over there. are you back yet bcg27? i'd rather someone that is actually getting one receive them because

A. it saves one lot of shipping for their transformer
B. it means i'm not asking Ed to do the work when hes not even getting any.

here they are below. so we just need to work out where these are going and cost out the shipping ASAP, i'll let him know we need to do that, though we probably should have done that already.

Attachments

• sumR TX 4 LPUHP.jpg
    sumR TX 4 LPUHP.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 93
come on guys! a little help here please

i've gone ahead and costed up the leg from the US to OZ for 8 units. these are pretty small, so 8 should fit in the 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" USPS EMS 3-5 day express flatrate box for $75usd and we could put mine, hochopeper's, HYPERTUNES and 1543's in there and i'll put his in with the rest of his order. they allow up to 20lbs and we'll be well under that I would think, then you guys just have to decide and organize how you will distribute the other 8 units for the USA

Not sure what to say until bcg27 is back on the forums, seems he's been offline a few days. It was 10th March when he said 'a couple more weeks' so we're possibly close to the window where he's back again I suppose ...

My vote is with transformers going via bcg27 if possible just because its unfair to expect Ed to be doing work for nothing.

I also really don't think its fair we leave Richard at SumR hanging if he's gone and built them all up for us already. We find ourselves in a bit of a bind it seems.

well ive emailed Richard back and said he'll be shipping the lot to a North American location and that i will start gathering funds with a view to pay him before the weekend is out (on that side of the pond) so he can ship on Monday-Tuesday. they werent all completely 100% ready when he emailed me those pics, I think he was just dressing the leads though, so i would be surprised if they werent now or very close.

but i need a destination so he can give me a total with shipping.

ive got bcg27's direct email so i'll email him in a moment

hey yeah so you did thanks Bill! i didnt have a preference really its just both bcg27 and Ed had put their hands up earlier in the piece and bcg27 had mentioned early on that he might grab a couple other TX as hes a regular customer of Richard's as well as having some gear to load test them before shipping.

I know Ed is still totally happy to do it, but I wanted to try and find an alternative due to him not getting any and it will save one lot of domestic US shipping if the initial shipment is to someone getting some.

so thats great, ok so you'll just need to send 4 to Neb001 and 2 to bcg27 and the rest to me, you may or may not have to hang onto bcg27's for a little bit as he at least was away on business, but thought he was due back around now.

no point relaying the passives through you to send with the TX, as the shipping will cost more that way, but i'll find out about the keratherm and also I reckon its a good time for everyone to have a read through the ancillary suggestions for stuff on the front page to band together for, like hookup wire, mounting hardware, momentary switches, softstart relays, flux, good copper desoldering braid (i'm totally covered here, in fact i might have enough to sell a few relays if anyone is interested in crydom SSR's etc) speakons, fused IEC, ETI binding posts (cablepods) etc etc

I will check to see if hes back still though right now as i dont know if he might have had something in mind, but i've got enough info for Richard. i'll confirm with you tomorrow whether to expect them and when, but i reckon you will be

oh one thing, mounting hardware for your heatsinks, I know Mark has little if any imperial taps, so the mounting arrangements with the heatsinks will be metric, so you'll need 8 x M4? i think it was M4, i'll have to find out the length. I set him an email a few days ago, hes a busy man that one though and we arent pushed for time yet

Last edited:
OK Bill, well your our man in the US, i spoke to Ben and he wont be back in time to help with this. so I have shipping costing for the TX

The package costs:
Canada post rate to ***** CA:
4 days with insurance: US $ 63.00
4 days without insurance: US $ 49.00.
In my experience , I have not had a loss parcel.

so what do you guys think about insurance? contrary to his experience, members of our group HAVE lost parcels from Canada post and with something such as this it may be wise, I dont know what implications that will have, tax wise? I would think since i'm paying for it hereand more than 50% of it is just being shunted on to us over here that they could double dip with tax. whats the situation with imports from Canada to CA Bill? I understand its a state by state thing, some have it some dont.

also regarding dividing the shipping costs; i'm going to suggest that we add the 2 major shipping options together, or maybe even the individual costs to distribute to the individual buyers too and just divide it by the number of participants for the shipping fee. certainly at a minimum i dont think the aussie contingent should be throwing in for the shipping to the USA and then paying another 75 to get it to aus and then another lot for individual shipping.

so the 2 options would be for the US contingent to take care of the initial insured shipment and their 2 additional individual and then we take care of the EMS shipping for the 10 (including 1543) to australia and hochopeper can just come pick his up, with HYPERTUNE's just going with the ret of his stuff.

or add $63 + 75 + the total of all individual packages and divide by 8 meaning we would probably end up with about $170/8 = 21.25 each

thoughts?

need to work all this out before have totals

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.