• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Timpert / Jelle - congratulations on your pro-active involvement, every forum needs members like you!
Now the rescue is in hand, can you give us any insight as to what went wrong - may be useful for preventing difficulties with any future GBs.
Also, I'd like to say that I never had any problem with my own dealings with Jokener, and whatever went wrong, I wish him well.

@orbatos - Swalter is now selling all you need, see Head 'n' Hifi Shop

Thanks for the complements.

Jokener has (as soon as the 4002's arrive) quite several kits left, upgrade kits, transformers, cases (b2/b3) and a lot of pcb's. Contact him directly to sort it out with him. The hardest work is now done, so it is all shipping ready by now.

I understand after picking 250 sets together on his one, he was hold back to create the kit bags and figuring out the special orders. All in all it was properly organized. But boy oh boy, what a work. Just getting together 25 kits, the specials orders, packing it all together and make 6 upgrade kits, it took us three more then 4 hours. So that's 12 hours if your on your one.

Speaking about the upgrade kit (the 5% of the proposed head-fi O2 upgrade that does makes a small difference), kan anyone send me the link where this is discussed? Also I heard yesterday about an (Australian?) all acrylic case for the O2. Does anyone have a link to that? Somehow I have missed this following the abundance of info on the O2. Thanks!

Yay, you guys finally made it!!! :) My kit just arrived here in my office, and it seems to contain everything I ordered. The power converter is pretty heavy, so it seems to be worth its money. And by the way, thanks for the additional PCB!
Too bad I am going to leave Germany tomorrow night... two more weeks of waiting :-(

The absolute majority of the shipments is now out and on their way.
Only the ones with a special customs declarations (for countries such as Korea or Taiwan) are still unshipped.
Thats because I got to the post office at 5:15pm on Tuesday and they closed at 6pm, so there was no time to get all shipments out.
(Yeah, the guys there are not the fastest people in the world.)
And yesterday/thursday someone bumped into my car on my way home from work, so I couldn't get it done then.
My car should be out of the workshop in a couple of hours, so those last shipments will go out today.

I have sent all shipments with a tracking number, those with a transformer also have insurance.
If you need your shipping number, please send me an email and I can provide you with a link.
(The same address as my PayPal account, just with an @me.com at the end.)
You won't be able to see exact tracking information such as current location of the shipment, but the major status changes like crossing borders or delivery attempts, those will be in there.

The 1N4002's are also ordered and on their way.
As soon as they arrive, I have another 20 complete kits fully assembled.
But after the catastrophic experience from last time, I will not sell them until they ARE complete.
Also, I have 10+ transformers and 15+ enclosures as well as 1000+ PCB's left.
As soon as I am sure everybody has received their ordered parts, I will sell off the remaining stock.
Feel free to contact me about that, but as I said, I'll only accept component kit orders AFTER I have the kits assembled (and complete) and ready to ship.

@Jokener - over the last several months, you have sold a lot of kits, but have also shown exactly how a group buy shouldn't be run. Your lack of communication has been abysmal. You have pissed off a lot of your customers, and have lost all your credibility on this forum. May I respectfully suggest that you try to do a deal with one of the other kit vendors, such as Stefan at Head'n Hifi, see if they will take all your stock off your hands, and seriously consider getting out of the O2 kit business without tryng to sell any more kits - having to be 'rescued' by other forum members should have told you this.

@Jokener - over the last several months, you have sold a lot of kits, but have also shown exactly how a group buy shouldn't be run. Your lack of communication has been abysmal. You have pissed off a lot of your customers, and have lost all your credibility on this forum. May I respectfully suggest that you try to do a deal with one of the other kit vendors, such as Stefan at Head'n Hifi, see if they will take all your stock off your hands, and seriously consider getting out of the O2 kit business without tryng to sell any more kits - having to be 'rescued' by other forum members should have told you this.

Everybody deserves a second chance..

it's hard to run a business these days.. esp. one man band.. you should not be so hard on him

-joe

you should not be so hard on him

What's so hard about stating the facts, then making a respectful suggestion that may save him more grief? I have no axe to grind with Jokener, he has always done right by me, but having done my own group buys for the O2, on a smaller scale, I know how difficult it can be; communication is key; it would all have been different if Jokener had posted updates on a regular basis, rather than leaving so many people in the dark about what had happened to their kits/parts/etc. Building an O2 should be a pleasurable experience, and this whole fiasco has been anything but for those involved.

It's your choice not to deal with him any more, but let nature take it's course.. if he can prove and redeem himself, I don't see why he can't continue..

he will have to work hard to show people he can get back up and running and regain the trust

-joe

I never said that I had chosen not to deal with him any more.
Nobody on this forum. apart from the moderators, has any control of other forum members, so it's not a question of whether he can continue or not, the only person who can decide that is him. No doubt anyone who's planning to order O2 kits from this thread will read the previous posts first and make their own minds up.

I just wanted to confirm that all the other shipments are on their way.
(The ones with the special customs declarations to Latvia, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Norway.)
That means you SHOULD be receiving the parts in the upcoming days as well.

Concerning the sale of any more kits:
Needless to say, it would have to be done differently than this GB.
I won't get ahead of myself and start to sell the kits before they are 100% ready.
Also, I am thinking of sending out 'requests for payment' via PayPal.
In the description I would include the exact parts and a 'shipping within 72 hours'.
That way any potential buyer could request a refund from PayPal if I do not ship quickly.

If anybody would be interested in buying my entire stock, I would be open to that as well.
It would just be a shame if I had dozens of perfectly good kits, cases and transformers here that would never be used...
But after these kits are out, I won't be continuing such large GB's as long as my other commitments require so much of my time.

Best regards,
Jokener

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.