• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey I need two afterall.. this is my final order i hope :)
Kit x2
Transformer x2
B2 enclosure - Black x2
THE PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD x2

Dont seem to be alot of activity in this thread lately?

I may be wrong but isn't the groupbuy closed? The parts were ordered some time ago. Final delivery is awaiting some back-ordered items. There may be some spares, of course.

any update on the blue B3 enclosures? the backorder parts should have no baring on my order for just a case. whats up? its been about a month since i paid and i still have no idea when it will ship..... then it will take another 2 weeks to arrive. i do appreciate the effort and i wouldnt compare this to the failed aus GB in the slightest; but i have to say my experience has been far from the promised professionally handled GB. what good are automated stock sheets, fully mobile iphone/ipad accounting etc etc if a single order for a single part is this late with no update without having to ask? sorry but my patience is wearing thin with this sort of thing lately, no personal affront intended.

Last edited:
sorry but my patience is wearing thin with this sort of thing lately

Having run a small group buy in the past, I can attest to the fact that it takes a lot of work, and a lot of time, to sort out and bag up all the components; this is not made easier if some parts are on back-order, which, with Mouser, can be up to 10 weeks. Remember that Jokener is doing this in his spare time, and I'm sure he'll post an update soon. If you don't have the patience to wait, there's nothing to stop you ordering direct from Mouser yourself.

Having run a small group buy in the past, I can attest to the fact that it takes a lot of work, and a lot of time, to sort out and bag up all the components; this is not made easier if some parts are on back-order, which, with Mouser, can be up to 10 weeks. Remember that Jokener is doing this in his spare time, and I'm sure he'll post an update soon. If you don't have the patience to wait, there's nothing to stop you ordering direct from Mouser yourself.

you missed my point (stated pretty clearly); to start, i'm well aware of the time involved, probably moreso than you, having run and been involved in running several myself in my 'spare' time including one that involved ~ 100hrs matching mosfets and buying extra equipment to do so; all while also running my own business.

secondly as mentioned in my post, i'm not waiting on a mouser order, i'm waiting on a case and a case only, nothing to do with the O2, i might put one in it, but primarily its for a dac and i understand the cases have nothing to do with mouser. i registered interest in about 2 months ago and paid nearly a month ago on the 12th as i understood he had to order it, perfectly understandable, but the period of 4 weeks after making payment without any useful communication, is not understandable. i have received no updates unless i pushed the point by posting repeatedly, which i have not done for a couple of weeks and that was the only time, so i'm not a problem customer I left it alone knowing it was Xmas and knowing he was busy and from what i know nothing has changed since then, but who knows i havent heard anything at all.

fine, hes busy, fine hes doing it for pittance, though given its ongoing there cant be nothing in it. but if its a struggle, given this is not the first time around, know your limits and dont take on more than you can reasonably achieve.

perhaps its shipped, i'll go check in a moment, but i havent received any info that it has.

i'll repeat, my frustration is not aimed squarely at jokener, but given the list of very strict longwinded rules and promotion as a more professional alternative and given the ridiculous shenanigans that has happened downunder, i guess i'm just over it

Last edited:
yep, still blue ie. 'missing components' :confused:

Jokener: I get youre busy and probably well over this thing by now, but if my case is not actually on its way to you, whats going on, whats the hold up? if you cant give me a definite date at this stage i'd rather be refunded please

@qusp - I understand your frustration - the downside of participating in group buys, of course, is that you are entirely at the mercy of the person running the GB - and if they fail to comunicate, you have no idea if they have fallen ill - or under a bus - or skipped town - or maybe just gone on holiday for a week or two - after all, it is the skiing season in Europe at the present time.
Not that I'm suggesting that anything of the kind has happened here, but if you're worried, and don't get any reply to your emails to the address where you sent your Paypal payment, you always have the option to file a refund claim with Paypal...

yeah i'll copy my post here to his email in a moment, indeed its always a risk, but tbh i didnt see it as any risk at all until these o2 gbs, i have participated in numerous gbs on here and have never had reason for concern, now the only 2 i have had issues with, have been related to the O2 over the last few months. whether this is because its a different breed of user involved in running them, just joined the forum for this project, with a little moola on the side being more of an incentive than the normal GB i dont know, but its certainly soured my view; i will be wary from now on and thats a shame.

I would rather not take it to paypal, but if its not sorted in the next couple of days i have no choice, or i'll miss the window to complain

I wont think the worst till the email and these posts are not replied to, i dont think its on purpose, just a bit slack maybe

Last edited:
@CrustyD3mon

As far as we know, it's still open, although the lack of any updates from Jokener for a week is causing some concern...

Best bet is to read his initial post and follow his instructions, i.e. place your order by posting it here, but don't send any payment until he updates the spreadsheet.

Jockener conducted the first, very large, groupbuy most satisfactorily. I was one of the recipients. He was timely and communicative.

I expect he has a good reason for his non-communication. For example he could be ill. I wouldn't be surprised as there has been a vicious, fast-spreading winter virus going around of late. A lot of my compatriots have been felled for several days and longer.

As for sending individual items that have already arrived: in the end we must accept that this isn't a professional distribution set up. We are beholden to out-of-hours activity. I can quite clearly see that he may have been busy before Christmas, and after with family, then on holiday and now maybe ill.

I would give him more time. Obviously opening a paypal case might be prudent, if one feels nervous, to avoid missing the window, but I wouldn't press for immediate action/refund as merely opening the case gives more time any way.

Personally I am confident all will be well.

Jockener conducted the first, very large, groupbuy most satisfactorily. I was one of the recipients. He was timely and communicative.

I expect he has a good reason for his non-communication. For example he could be ill. I wouldn't be surprised as there has been a vicious, fast-spreading winter virus going around of late. A lot of my compatriots have been felled for several days and longer.

As for sending individual items that have already arrived: in the end we must accept that this isn't a professional distribution set up. We are beholden to out-of-hours activity. I can quite clearly see that he may have been busy before Christmas, and after with family, then on holiday and now maybe ill.

I would give him more time. Obviously opening a paypal case might be prudent, if one feels nervous, to avoid missing the window, but I wouldn't press for immediate action/refund as merely opening the case gives more time any way.

Personally I am confident all will be well.

I agree. I think Jockener need some time. Especially the GB is the work after work. Just be patient.

ive been patient for a month, sorry ive run out of patience waiting for a case i dont need that badly and he still hasnt replied. if i dont get an indication its shipped in the next couple of days i have to cover myself and start the paypal claim process before the 30 days is up, or i lose that option. as lorriman has said i dont have to push it through straight away, but i cannot just leave it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.