O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide - Page 62 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2012, 08:34 AM   #611
diyAudio Member

I hope that Jokener is aware of the end of Apple's MobileMe:
Frequently asked questions about the MobileMe transition and iCloud

After June 30, 2012, his gallery and pdf won't be available under the links in his first post, so I hope that he moves the files to iCloud and posts the new links.

Oh well.. on the other hand, he didn't update the pdf for lightyears and it seems that he doesn't seem to care.. $&%$%$
Old 7th May 2012, 06:58 PM   #612
diyAudio Member

A fast calculation in the latest pdf gives a value of € 1518, payed but not shipped.

THIS IS NOT OK!

I'll now report this to the police in Sweden and they have close collaboration with authoritys in Germany.
Old 8th May 2012, 08:31 AM   #613
timpert is offline timpert  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I am normally not too fond of disclosing private communication in a public place, but this is the body of the message I just sent him:

Quote:
The sentiment in the GB thread is getting really bad now, someone is actually considering to contact the police. So optimistically I think that this is really your very last chance to act and get things back under control. Pessimistically, I think you definitively blew it.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, if you need help then please say so, so we can think of a solution to this situation. The worst option is to let this endure without doing anything, because in some time that will get you a criminal record. I am willing to help you out, and I am sure that we’ll be able to find some additional support if necessary. But nobody except you can take that first step, so please DO SOMETHING!
I hope I made it clear enough that this is his final warning and his very last chance for damage control. If he doesn't follow up within a day or two, I think that contacting the police is the right thing to do.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:14 AM   #614
diyAudio Member

I was pondering the Police route too.

In one of my communications to Jokener I volunteered to help, but this was not necessary according to Jokener. As told by him and how I understand it everything is already sorted and in boxes ready to be shipped (except the PSU). He made now several promesses to me to ship my order, but till now he didn't live up to his promisses.

@Timpert; Are you willing to be contacted by the Police to supply them with the address and telephone number of Jokener? I am willing to wait till this weekend. But beginning next week I am going to the police.
Old 8th May 2012, 07:13 PM   #615
diyAudio Member

Let's wait first how Jokener reacts on this final warning. If there's no reaction after a couple of days, we'll discuss further steps.
Old 8th May 2012, 10:46 PM   #616
Jokener is offline Jokener  Germany
diyAudio Member

Let me start by apologizing one final time.
I am aware that we are, that I am, way past the point where an apology can set things right.
The situation has come to a point that, in all honesty, I have never wanted.
As stressed out as I may be, the situation is haunting me day and night.
Thats why I have decided to announce the following:

I will finish this GB in the very close future, or refund all the outstanding orders if I fail to do so.
To avoid my earlier mistakes, I will set a firm and final deadline: June 30th.
I would prefer for that deadline to be tomorrow, but I would not be able to keep it.
I would also prefer to refund everybody right away, but since I did buy the parts, I am not sitting on your money.
On the other hand it is not your fault I messed up this GB so badly, which is why I have set that June 30th deadline.

Since it appears some shipments have been lost in the mail, I will only ship with tracking numbers.
(In no way do I want to blame the postal service for these delays. The delays are exclusively my fault.)
That way I will be able to provide you with the tracking numbers as soon as the shipments are out.

I will clean out my message inbox on diyaudio.com tomorrow, so I will be able to receive messages again.
And I will follow up with the next few shipment notifications tomorrow as well, to prove these are not just empty words to buy more time.

My most sincere apologies,
Jokener
Old 9th May 2012, 12:57 AM   #617
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Ok. Action - not words. Get my parts off to me (marked shipped, never sent) and we're square.
Old 9th May 2012, 07:15 AM   #618
diyAudio Member

Excellent! A reaction from the man himself...

Jokener, it is good that you set yourself a deadline, but if you run into trouble or need help otherwise, then tell us on time. My offer to help you still stands.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:57 AM   #619
diyAudio Member

Hi Jokener, thanks for the reply, please just send me what you have of my order.
Old 9th May 2012, 01:41 PM   #620
thosuk is offline thosuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi Jokener,
Glad you're back.
There's no hurry for my order so just ship when it's all there, or when you've had enough. No need for any refund if you're still short of something. It must have been a nightmare when you couldn't get all the parts for such a large GB. Perhaps not all appreciated the amount of work involved.
Best wishes
Tom

Hide this!Advertise here!