O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2012, 05:29 PM   #191
diyAudio Member

@qusp - I understand your frustration - the downside of participating in group buys, of course, is that you are entirely at the mercy of the person running the GB - and if they fail to comunicate, you have no idea if they have fallen ill - or under a bus - or skipped town - or maybe just gone on holiday for a week or two - after all, it is the skiing season in Europe at the present time.
Not that I'm suggesting that anything of the kind has happened here, but if you're worried, and don't get any reply to your emails to the address where you sent your Paypal payment, you always have the option to file a refund claim with Paypal...
Old 8th January 2012, 05:54 PM   #192
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yeah i'll copy my post here to his email in a moment, indeed its always a risk, but tbh i didnt see it as any risk at all until these o2 gbs, i have participated in numerous gbs on here and have never had reason for concern, now the only 2 i have had issues with, have been related to the O2 over the last few months. whether this is because its a different breed of user involved in running them, just joined the forum for this project, with a little moola on the side being more of an incentive than the normal GB i dont know, but its certainly soured my view; i will be wary from now on and thats a shame.

I would rather not take it to paypal, but if its not sorted in the next couple of days i have no choice, or i'll miss the window to complain

I wont think the worst till the email and these posts are not replied to, i dont think its on purpose, just a bit slack maybe

Last edited by qusp; 8th January 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 8th January 2012, 06:03 PM   #193
diyAudio Member

so guys....this group buy it's closed or not? where can i buy the components to make an O2 amp instead of here? can someone help me...? Thanks

Last edited by CrustyD3mon; 8th January 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 8th January 2012, 06:52 PM   #194
diyAudio Member

@CrustyD3mon

As far as we know, it's still open, although the lack of any updates from Jokener for a week is causing some concern...

Best bet is to read his initial post and follow his instructions, i.e. place your order by posting it here, but don't send any payment until he updates the spreadsheet.
Old 8th January 2012, 07:17 PM   #195
diyAudio Member

ok...thanks...

So my order to Portugal will be:

1x o2 component kit
1x PCB
1x Enclosure B2 (smaller than B3) (black)

let me know what i need to do before...i'll be waitting thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 07:21 PM   #196
diyAudio Member

Jockener conducted the first, very large, groupbuy most satisfactorily. I was one of the recipients. He was timely and communicative.

I expect he has a good reason for his non-communication. For example he could be ill. I wouldn't be surprised as there has been a vicious, fast-spreading winter virus going around of late. A lot of my compatriots have been felled for several days and longer.

As for sending individual items that have already arrived: in the end we must accept that this isn't a professional distribution set up. We are beholden to out-of-hours activity. I can quite clearly see that he may have been busy before Christmas, and after with family, then on holiday and now maybe ill.

I would give him more time. Obviously opening a paypal case might be prudent, if one feels nervous, to avoid missing the window, but I wouldn't press for immediate action/refund as merely opening the case gives more time any way.

Personally I am confident all will be well.
Old 9th January 2012, 03:37 AM   #197
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriman View Post
Jockener conducted the first, very large, groupbuy most satisfactorily. I was one of the recipients. He was timely and communicative.

I expect he has a good reason for his non-communication. For example he could be ill. I wouldn't be surprised as there has been a vicious, fast-spreading winter virus going around of late. A lot of my compatriots have been felled for several days and longer.

As for sending individual items that have already arrived: in the end we must accept that this isn't a professional distribution set up. We are beholden to out-of-hours activity. I can quite clearly see that he may have been busy before Christmas, and after with family, then on holiday and now maybe ill.

I would give him more time. Obviously opening a paypal case might be prudent, if one feels nervous, to avoid missing the window, but I wouldn't press for immediate action/refund as merely opening the case gives more time any way.

Personally I am confident all will be well.
I agree. I think Jockener need some time. Especially the GB is the work after work. Just be patient.
Old 9th January 2012, 05:02 AM   #198
diyAudio Member

ive been patient for a month, sorry ive run out of patience waiting for a case i dont need that badly and he still hasnt replied. if i dont get an indication its shipped in the next couple of days i have to cover myself and start the paypal claim process before the 30 days is up, or i lose that option. as lorriman has said i dont have to push it through straight away, but i cannot just leave it.
Old 9th January 2012, 10:41 PM   #199
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyD3mon View Post
ok...thanks...

So my order to Portugal will be:

1x o2 component kit
1x PCB
1x Enclosure B2 (smaller than B3) (black)

let me know what i need to do before...i'll be waitting thanks
i'm out of this group by...too much time to reply..::S
Old 10th January 2012, 06:39 AM   #200
diyAudio Member

still no reply, i have remembered i have 45 days, not 30, but i'm giving it till this time next week. Jokener, whats going on man?

Hide this!Advertise here!