• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More so than the money I would like to know what's going on - if I knew for sure that the parts for my O2 amps aren't coming, then I'd move on and find another way. As it stands I don't want to buy more than I need to.

If Jokener needs help with this group buy, I really hope that he reaches out and asks for it.

More so than the money I would like to know what's going on - if I knew for sure that the parts for my O2 amps aren't coming, then I'd move on and find another way. As it stands I don't want to buy more than I need to.

If Jokener needs help with this group buy, I really hope that he reaches out and asks for it.

it was the refusal of offers for help that was what made the Australian GB shenanigans so bad and so dodgy. it cannot be just lack of availability of the cases at this point and if it is, then this should have been mentioned eons ago. perhaps they werent ordered till later, but it doesnt make sense that this part would take 2 months to order in, when its in stock in several of the usual places on the first page when the part number is googled. i have answered the email he sent me directly yesterday directly after i heard from him saying that if its a problem or hassle i would prefer the refund so i can move on, but predictably i havent had a reply.

Jokener, you will find that people are more than willing to help out just to get it done and if things are on the level as i do believe they probably are and provided they are, what is stopping it from happening?

The curiosity for me is that I didn't order a case (and it appears that I'm not alone in that), so "the cases are still missing" doesn't explain why the *no case* orders are not being shipped, since "The PCBs and components have already arrived and have been sorted". One might be excused for thinking that getting the orders that *can* be filled out the door would be a high priority . . .

Lesson learned . . . group buys to get a substantial quantity discount (as with PCBs) make sense . . . group buys based on the "convenience" of someone else assembling a kit of parts perhaps not so much. It is too easy for the well-intentioned "novice" to underestimate the time and complexity involved in running a *real* business (which selling kits is) . . .

@all: I am sorry for the lack of the communication on my part in the last few days.
The reason for that is that I have been in a great hassle because of family-related issues.
I can't go into health-matters of others, but I want to assure you I had absolutely no other choice and have been firing on all cylinders.
This meant that the GB was not my number one priority anymore and I should at least have informed you about the upcoming delay.

However, my shipping goal was always "early January" and that's not too long ago.
So even though I have not communicated it properly, I did put in quite a few hours to sort the components of the kits and everything else.
I was very busy sorting all the orders and preparing the shipments.
All the orders without the cases should go out on Saturday, which is the first time I will be able to visit a post office during their business hours.
(It always takes some time there, because of all the different destination countries and sometimes even customs declarations.)

The cases are overdue right now, and as soon as they arrive those other orders will go out within one or two days.

So let me close by assuring you that I am not intending to, nor have I ever intended to, take money without supplying the promised parts.

My most sincere apologies and best regards,
Jokener

Yay! I had (almost) every confidence. It did seem rather ungerman; my left eye brow had reached almost 4mm high by this morning.

The military precision of the last GB was a beautiful thing. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty. Best wishes on that score. No need to hurry my shipment if you need more time; it was one of the trickier ones, not kit.

I will wait, I hope he is ok, and as said before it’s a meal out and tip I spent 3 times as much on lap dancers last Friday and have nothing to show for it lol, i don’t think he would do anything wrong on purpose if he had to it’s because of circumstances beyond his control so I will put it down to bad luck on both our parts.. if we don’t trust something them we will never trust anything, I’d rather get burnt once or twice than never eat a hot meal..

Faith !

Thanks Jokener for your post .. hope everything is ok.

I had promised myself to keep quiet, but sometimes I just can't. Here my 2cts worth.

When I read that there was a GB for the O2 (early December) I ordered (and paid) straight away. Later on, when I checked the spreadsheet and saw that my shipment had still not been sent, I wondered what was going on.
I found out my expectations were incorrect. I should have read what Jokener wrote. He told us that he would not place orders till he had received enough orders. It was right there in the message #38:
Remember, the cutoff for the first round is 40 kits from Mouser.
We're already half-way there.
as well as in the spreadsheet:
I will order in batches of 40 kits/transformers and 20 cases. Extras are ordered with the kits.
So, I resigned myself to waiting till enough others had ordered.

Things started to heat up in this thread when Jokener was unable to communicate. This episode has taught Jokener that it is better to send a short message than no message. (Although I fear that there are some who would not have been satisfied with a short message like "Due to personal problems I will be offline for a week or so but will get back to you as soon as possible".)
I hope we have all learnt not to jump the gun and have a little faith.

Anyway, I appreciate the work that Jokener is putting in. I realise that Jokener is making a little money on this (good luck to him, he was up front about it* and I could have ordered elsewhere) but can assure you I (and many others) would not want to put in the time required!

I look forward to receiving my kit, case, etc. in due course and hope to be able to build a nice headphone amp. Cause that was what this was about, was it not?

Rant over.

Albert

* message #1
This time around, I need to be able to justify the significant time put into this.
The prices have therefore been increased a little to reflect the time and effort from my side.

Jokener, good he you some what back on deck. Please ignore my recent request for the additional kits and let my order stand as is. I have just looked around my bench and with the soon to be released ODAC I have more than enough to keep me busy and how many headphone amps do I really need? I have 3 already.

Thank you best regards to you wishes to those you love and rightly come first.

Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.